• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doodads

May 29, 2011
    Sarasota
    I was there for the first time on Saturday afternoon. I was impressed. It was very clean, the employees behind the counter were very nice and polite, and so were the ROs. One RO even came over every time I was stapling a target to the cardboard and offered to help me.

The only issue was that when I arrived, there were no available parking spaces. I went in and asked where I could park. The employee I spoke to said he didn't know, and that I could probably just park somewhere in the lot that wasn't in the way of the parked cars. By the time I finished filling out the forms on the iPad, a parking space opened up and I just pulled my car into it.

mancheechee

Daily Trigger
    Jul 22, 2010
    Frederick
    I wonder if they'll expand parking beyond the fence during operation hours.
    But I do like that the parking lot is generous easy to maneuver around other vehicles.

Yes, the place is impeccably clean and the lounge area was a good idea.
    They just need a separate area for some pipe tobacco/cigar and maybe a speak easy bar...

carpecervisi

Feb 10, 2008
    Frederick, MD
    As the OP on this thread, I'm glad to report that I was FINALLY able to make it into TMN today. What a pleasant experience. I brought my two little subguns with me, had the left side of the range all to myself, and let the RO shoot the Lage MAX11k. Really fun time and I can't wait to go back.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    The only issue was that when I arrived, there were no available parking spaces. I went in and asked where I could park. The employee I spoke to said he didn't know, and that I could probably just park somewhere in the lot that wasn't in the way of the parked cars. By the time I finished filling out the forms on the iPad, a parking space opened up and I just pulled my car into it.

I wonder if they'll expand parking beyond the fence during operation hours.

I agree that everything except the parking lot is great at TMGN. They definitely need to figure out how to add more parking spaces to their lot. It can get pretty crowded on weekend afternoons. But apart from that, it is a great place to go and fire a few rounds. The staff are friendly and helpful, and the place is clean and neat. They have a decent selection of firearms for rent as well.

Cal68

salopez

Apr 11, 2011
    Mt airy Md
    the county is on them about the parking lot. in fact the county made them cut out some parking spaces for the mulch areas. maybe they will be able to pave the back lot.

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    I heard the same thing, the figure I heard was that they had to give up about 12% of their parking lot to meet county demand for increased planting area.
    Because that part of Reichs Ford Rd is such a garden spot of the county to start with.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    Went early this week and had a great experience. Really friendly people and reasonable pricing. They are 10 minutes from me door to door so I will see them often.

torched02

Rottie's Rule!
    May 6, 2013
    I believe that they have a class schedule posted on their website where you can sign up for the class that you want.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I don't know if they've done any training yet, but earlier on TMGN said they would be using L5-S1 Tactical - http://l5s1tactical.com

I went to the L5-S1 website and it seemed terribly outdated to me. The class schedule posted on the site was from 2014 and some of the links to web pages describing their classes were not working. There is a more updated schedule on the website of TMGN, but I was looking for a class that was not listed there. That's when I went directly to the website of L5-S1. I will send them an E-mail and ask about the classes that I am interested in.

Cal68

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    I went to the L5-S1 website and it seemed terribly outdated to me. The class schedule posted on the site was from 2014 and some of the links to web pages describing their classes were not working. There is a more updated schedule on the website of TMGN, but I was looking for a class that was not listed there. That's when I went directly to the website of L5-S1. I will send them an E-mail and ask about the classes that I am interested in.

Cal68
    What class are you looking for?

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    What class are you looking for?

I was looking for an Introduction to Shotguns class. I've heard horror stories about people who thought that they knew how to operate shotguns but didn't, so I am reluctant to take my new shotgun to the range without some training. I'm looking for a class where we get a few hours of classroom instruction immediately followed by an hour at the range. I took a couple of classes of this type with MMTA, but they do not appear to offer a shotgun class. Thanks.

Cal68

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    I was looking for an Introduction to Shotguns class. I've heard horror stories about people who thought that they knew how to operate shotguns but didn't, so I am reluctant to take my new shotgun to the range without some training. I'm looking for a class where we get a few hours of classroom instruction immediately followed by an hour at the range. I took a couple of classes of this type with MMTA, but they do not appear to offer a shotgun class. Thanks.

Cal68
    You may want to look into an NRA Basic Shotgun class. You get both parts you mention above, & will leave knowing more about shotguns than most people.

Maybe check nrainstructors.com & kelkye.com to start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom