• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boardboy330

Resident Secret Squirrel
    Mar 18, 2008
    I had a real one at one time. Everyone asked if it was a fake. I started buying fakes...now everyone asks if they are real! :D

This one has some good weight to it and a decent movement. I have seen some that are really cheap looking/feeling.

I used to wear a Breitling Navitimer...I was in NYC and found one on the street that was really hard to tell was fake. I picked it up and wore it in places I didn't want to worry about the real thing. I own the real ones...so I don't care if people see the fakes.

RaVis

Oi!
    Jun 19, 2011
    I would wear a fake Rolex over an Invicta any day of the week. I wasn't trying to call you out, I could just tell it's a replica. If you like it...wear it - forget what anyone else says lol. :party29:

I did the opposite. Wore Invictas for a while to check 'em out 'cause I didn't want to wear fake Rolex. With Invicta, I though why shell out $ for copied designs when you might as well get Seiko's original designs like in a 007 Diver. So, for the same price wear an authentic design.

boardboy330

Resident Secret Squirrel
    Mar 18, 2008
    With Invicta, I though why shell out $ for copied designs when you might as well get Seiko's original designs like in a 007 Diver. So, for the same price wear an authentic design.

This lol. That is why I didn't lol

RaVis

Oi!
    Jun 19, 2011
    This lol. That is why I didn't lol

I did almost buy a fake of this in Chinatown in NYC - AP Royal Oak Chronograph. These weren't on visible display and the dude was showing them off on his I-phone (which I assume was also a fake) before he brought the watch out for real. Situation didn't feel right so we got our a$$es out of there before we got them kicked. I noticed he was getting us deeper and deeper into the alley behind a building.

AP_Audemars_Piguet_RoyalOak_Chronograph_26022OR-00-D088CR-01.jpg

boardboy330

Resident Secret Squirrel
    Mar 18, 2008
    Coolest thing to watch is Canal St completely empty out like cockroaches when the light turned on when the PoPo walk down the street.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    When people ask if my watch is real, I always tell then no. I also get tired of people asking if I take steroids or have had plastic surgery. No, my body is all natural and I am just this good looking.....

HarCo2ANewb

Subibro
    Mar 24, 2011
    Elkridge
    You guys need to stop trying to make me blow my gun money on watches! I have never had a watch of any renown(read: more than $30) and really want one soon.

RaVis

Oi!
    Jun 19, 2011
    One of my favorite watches that I used to own was the old SMP 300 (along with a Seiko 007):

Pic off web.
    omega-seamaster-diver-300m-midsize-watch-2252-50.jpg

Blingiest and most comfortable was the Bond SMP on their mesh bracelet that I borrowed from a buddy of mine.

Pic off web.
    2748718099_21331bae1c.jpg

RaVis

Oi!
    Jun 19, 2011
    And if you ever wondered, Silvio Berlusconi EDCs this $500,000 Vacheron Constantin.

img1265130993pif.jpg

Winterborn

Moved to Texas
    Aug 19, 2010
    Arlington, TX
    When people ask if my watch is real, I always tell then no. I also get tired of people asking if I take steroids or have had plastic surgery. No, my body is all natural and I am just this good looking.....

Have you changed your appearance in the past few weeks, doc? :p

My usual esc:

Tag formula 1

arevuzu2.jpg

u3upa6yv.jpg

I have a lot more, but this is my favorite.
    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    And if you ever wondered, Silvio Berlusconi EDCs this $500,000 Vacheron Constantin.

img1265130993pif.jpg

I have had the pleasure of wearing a Vacheron Constantin. When I worked in the pawn shop, a watch dealer we knew went to lunch with the owner....he knew I liked watches and let me wear one he had with him......he told me the price when he got back.

$186,000.

Yeah, it was nice to wear something that expensive, but I don't want to do it again. :D

Semper Noctem

Desk Rabbit
    Aug 9, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I was just about to order this for a weekend warrior watch. Let me know how you like it.

So, I've worn this everyday since I got it and have a few comments about it:

1. The negative display is really easy to read, even in direct sunlight (contrary a few complaints I've read on the interwebs).

2. The atomic function is excellent. It syncs every night and I'm good to go. It's not really paramount that it syncs nightly because the time is still going to be correct from the night before. However it's reassuring to know that it will sync regardless of what time zone or country I'm in.

3. My one complaint - the sliding retaining sleeve for the band isn't tight enough so it moves pretty frequently and the band comes out. Not a big deal, but I'm going to try to Jerry rig it somehow.

I'm really digging this watch, and it's a steal at $135 on amazon.

boardboy330

Resident Secret Squirrel
    Mar 18, 2008
    So, I've worn this everyday since I got it and have a few comments about it:

1. The negative display is really easy to read, even in direct sunlight (contrary a few complaints I've read on the interwebs).

2. The atomic function is excellent. It syncs every night and I'm good to go. It's not really paramount that it syncs nightly because the time is still going to be correct from the night before. However it's reassuring to know that it will sync regardless of what time zone or country I'm in.

3. My one complaint - the sliding retaining sleeve for the band isn't tight enough so it moves pretty frequently and the band comes out. Not a big deal, but I'm going to try to Jerry rig it somehow.

I'm really digging this watch, and it's a steal at $135 on amazon.

Interesting. Thanks for the update.

RaVis

Oi!
    Jun 19, 2011
    The hairs on my wrist are screaming at me just looking at that band

It's the most comfortable mesh bracelet I've ever worn - absolutely no discomfort or hair pulling. Omega brand mesh bracelets are an engineering phenomena.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom