• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    That thing looks like something Flava Flav would wear lol.

The chain is silly, but I've seen sillier looking watches. My daily watch is a metal band G-shock. My weekend watch is a Citizen Railroad Watch, even more boring.

boardboy330

Resident Secret Squirrel
    Mar 18, 2008
    The chain is silly, but I've seen sillier looking watches. My daily watch is a metal band G-shock. My weekend watch is a Citizen Railroad Watch, even more boring.

That watch is probably close to 50mm and that crown cover is huge lol. Its a little much lol. Nothing wrong with boring though.

Ar1b3nz

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Apr 18, 2011
    NOVA
    My contribution for now!

Armani

photo1-1.jpg

D&G

photo.jpg

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Am expecting this from Mrs. Klaus this Christmas. Will probably end up being my EDC. If I can get used to it's heftiness....

2nbbtk3.jpg

VWTurbo

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2010
    Perry Hall
    http://www.smartbargains.com/detail...INVICTA-0554&gclid=CLyfvYWYkrQCFcXb4Aod5UYAGA

I make no claim of the website, but the price looks really good if legit.

Just a bit of a warning, that watch is nice but if you ever lift your hand up you will regret it. I had one and gave it away because of this. If you go with one of the bigger watches over 50mm I highly suggest getting the lefty model with the crown on the left side. My edc watch is 52 mm lefty and I love it.

circleshooter

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2009
    Baltimore County
    http://www.smartbargains.com/detail...INVICTA-0554&gclid=CLyfvYWYkrQCFcXb4Aod5UYAGA

I make no claim of the website, but the price looks really good if legit.

These aren't my style and way too big for me. But the "Russian Diver," believe it or not, has quite a cult following - especially among Invicta collectors. Of course, they're based on legitimate Russian-made deep water diving watches. Prior to the prevalence of the screw-down crown (designed by Rolex) watches used crown covers to keep water out. So what once had a practical function is now merely cosmetic.

Here's a couple of real Russian Divers:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355230953.614938.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355230967.959347.jpg

EVOIXGSR

Straight Baller Status
    Mar 13, 2008
    Baltimore Co.
    My Aquagraph I had for a day, then returned/exchanged for my Grand Carrera. The crown on it sat WAYY too low and had deep grooves cut into it, and after wearing it for only about 2 hours it gave me a red spot on my wrist. Nice watch for sure, but just not worth spending that much for something that I didn't 100% love.
    TAG_HEUER_AQUARACER_CN211A-1.BA0353.jpg

P9030124.jpg

P9030136.jpg

Credit to www.calibre11.com for pics

STeveZ

Thank you, Abelard
    Sep 22, 2011
    Aberdeen, MD
    It has a hand wound El Primero movement (36,000 vph give it 1/10th second accuracy).

Positives: Very thin, case is around 40mm, and just look at it, its beautiful!

Negative: You pretty much needed a watchsmith to change the bracelet/strap (they are pinned into the case), mediocre legibility, no WR and an overall impression of fragility that I did not care for.

The slightly more Teutonic automatic version lacked the grace and beauty of the HW.

zenithep009.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom