• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    If you care, Citizen has a sale going on all Eco-Drives through April 28. If you have an ID Me account, the discounts stack. They're off MSRP so still not earth shattering, but not bad.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    If you care, Citizen has a sale going on all Eco-Drives through April 28. If you have an ID Me account, the discounts stack. They're off MSRP so still not earth shattering, but not bad.
    ID Me is awesome. Thanks again for pointing me in that direction. I’ve gotten some great gear at great prices.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    IMG_6329.jpg

Current daily is a 1968 Seiko 6106-8120.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AirCav73

Mar 19, 2011
    North Carolina
    Purchased new in 1983 and rebuild twice. Wear the watch every day.

Going to Grandson when I cross the Rainbow Bridge (I hope).

1652214149454.jpeg

Last edited:

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    AA8DE012-EDE8-48EE-932C-3EDB3F3A5C0A.jpeg

2012 Omega Seamaster “SMP 300” back from its first service. They included the old parts. They replaced the dial, hands, gaskets, mainspring, helium escape valve, crown, and a few bracelet pins.

Looks almost like the day I bought it (except a few deep blemishes from this thing being worn hard and almost daily for 10 years).

12 week turnaround time from drop off to pickup.

Worsley

I apologize for hurting your feelings!
    Jan 5, 2022
    Westminster
    I’ve had this Steinhart for over a year - worn it weekly off an on. When it comes to value it’s hard to beat this one. 904L steel, depth rated to 300/M1000ft, Sellita SW200 Elabora Premium 26 jewel automatic movement running at 28,800 BPH.

Attachments

• 6536B180-583D-4076-856A-EAF5270F8C6E.jpeg
      6536B180-583D-4076-856A-EAF5270F8C6E.jpeg
      373.7 KB · Views: 93

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    I’ve had this Steinhart for over a year - worn it weekly off an on. When it comes to value it’s hard to beat this one. 904L steel, depth rated to 300/M1000ft, Sellita SW200 Elabora Premium 26 jewel automatic movement running at 28,800 BPH.

Steinhart is great bang for the buck

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    View attachment 369307
    2012 Omega Seamaster “SMP 300” back from its first service. They included the old parts. They replaced the dial, hands, gaskets, mainspring, helium escape valve, crown, and a few bracelet pins.

Looks almost like the day I bought it (except a few deep blemishes from this thing being worn hard and almost daily for 10 years).

*****Wow. That is a gorgeous watch! I wish it came in childrens sizes so I wouldn't look like I was wearing a big ass alarm clock on my diminutive wrist! And no I'm not gonna wear a woman's watch until I change my name to Loretta, and uhh start shooting .40cal.....which I don't plan on ever doing as I haven't sown my all of my oats yet and I still have plenty of sowing to do...:thumbsup:

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    *****Wow. That is a gorgeous watch! I wish it came in childrens sizes so I wouldn't look like I was wearing a big ass alarm clock on my diminutive wrist! And no I'm not gonna wear a woman's watch until I change my name to Loretta, and uhh start shooting .40cal.....which I don't plan on ever doing as I haven't sown my all of my oats yet and I still have plenty of sowing to do...:thumbsup:
    They make it in a "reduced" size. Usually for a bargain on the second hand market compared to the full size.

I have small wrists and the full size fits just fine, although it's close.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    View attachment 369307

Why did they replace the dial and hands? Was there any moisture on the inside?

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    Why did they replace the dial and hands? Was there any moisture on the inside?
    You know, I don’t know. It seemed like it was just part of the total service. I didn’t get charged beyond the normal service fee. The old dial looked perfect to my eyes. The watch was running just fine when I sent it in, just felt it was due after 10 years of daily wear.

I know for certain replacing the hands and crown is standard.

DeadInside

MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2022
    SOMD
    *****Wow. That is a gorgeous watch! I wish it came in childrens sizes so I wouldn't look like I was wearing a big ass alarm clock on my diminutive wrist!
    I have the same issue…kinda tall, kinda thin, with SKINNY wrists. I wear TAG Heuer watches and can get away with up to a 42mm okay. I have a Carrera Twin Time in 38mm, a Link Calibre 6 in 40mm, and a couple of Formula Ones in 42mm. There all fine but my Garmin 920XT looks pretty ridiculous on me…but whata you gonna do...pretty much all running/triathlon watches are pretty big.

SkiPatrolDude that Omega Seamaster is a beautiful watch and looks perfect after the service. Great shape for 10 plus years of daily wear!

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    I have a 6.75 inch wrist and wear these watches in a regular rotation when I am not wearing a vintage watch. These are my wear and forget watches that will tolerate getting wet, dirty, knocked around….

6d49359e5d253fd6103e66d4e2f85b0a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    KD96

Latest threads

Top Bottom