Texas
    Luminox Sea Turtle
    20221212_102954small.jpg

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    Nice, is it tritium?

I am not sure. It does have places that glow but I couldn't tell you if it was actual tritium or some sort of phosphorescence illumination. I would suspect the latter. I stole the attached picture from the Luminox website.
    Lumiglow.JPG

gmharle

MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Millers, MD
    I am not sure. It does have places that glow but I couldn't tell you if it was actual tritium or some sort of phosphorescence illumination. I would suspect the latter. I stole the attached picture from the Luminox website.
    View attachment 391892
    They are actual tritium. I have this one with tritium at every number and the second hand too for my daily right now. Very nice watches.

LuminoxoriginalNavySealEVOseries3003divewatch_1_d7d250fa-e471-4341-9ee4-8282aac50baf_540x.png

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    They are actual tritium. I have this one with tritium at every number and the second hand too for my daily right now. Very nice watches.
    Although it really wasn't a major consideration when I got the watch, it is some nice information to find out. Thanks.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    I have two of those and I love the look and the tritium, but one just can’t keep time. Even with a fresh battery it will randomly stop. Sometimes a few taps gets it going again, but I can’t trust it.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Does Luminox warranty (or can they replace) the tritium? I know that gun sights don't last all that long.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Does Luminox warranty (or can they replace) the tritium? I know that gun sights don't last all that long.
    According to their website, the lume will shine for 25 years. It is guaranteed for 10 years.
    I see nothing about possible replacement.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    My old Luminox that I bought from eBay in 2010 or so was still going strong, and I believe it was new in 1991

I got a new one this year, and it is somewhat brighter than my old one, but not by much

I fully expect the tritium to outlast me

While this was a freebie insurance replacement, with sales, blick Friday, etc, you can often get a brand new one for far less than $300

firemn260

Sep 15, 2015
    Harford County
    I had one of the older luminox watches and I really liked it until either the second or minute hand fell off (can’t remember)while I was playing drums. Not a big deal so I sent it back to the factory for a fix. Week after I got it back, I dove overboard out in the bay and it filled with water pretty much ending its term of service. I’m not sure why I never called them back and tell them what happened but it got tossed in my drawer and that’s where it still sits.
    It was my first tritium watch and to be honest it’s a feature that is now a must have in my EDC watch line up. It nice to be able to glance at it at anytime and be able to tell time.
    My current edc is a Isobrite T100 made by armourlite or a marathon TSAR.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      228.9 KB · Views: 78

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads