• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    This. During the showdown between Cruz and Feinswine, she flat out stated that legislators don't have to worry about the constitutionality of what they propose and pass.

Which is good, because it will cause judicial conservatives to feel more free to disregard difference to the legislature.

It is a problem, but it has a solution --More active courts. This is not good, but it also has a solution -- more activist voters;)

Win hearts and minds, and when that does not work make good enemies.

Ouhuzo

Mar 2, 2013
    I tried to open the attachment way back in #1 but can't for some reason. The computer tries, then makes a sound then aborts (no message why). Is there a trick to this?

fire_medic

Nov 16, 2008
    Calvert County
    I know they were trying to get 22 rim fire pistols to be exempted from the assault pistol portion of the bill and that failed. Will 22 pistols with threaded barrels be assault pistols? I know that in the initial reading of the bill any pistol with a threaded barrel was. Will these be grandfathered as well as the so called assault rifles.?

Mobile

Dec 30, 2011
    In the draft posted on the first page, the threaded pistol barrel provision is struck out, as is the forward pistol grip feature.

ddeanjohnson

autodidact
    Aug 21, 2010
    I know they were trying to get 22 rim fire pistols to be exempted from the assault pistol portion of the bill and that failed. Will 22 pistols with threaded barrels be assault pistols?
    No. The definitions of banned weapons at this point, if I didn't miss some amendment, are as follows:

-- A semiautomatic pistol would be a banned "assault" weapons only if it has a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds; this applies to both rimfire and centerfire. (On March 29, an amendment to exempt rimfire was rejected by the committee after Delegate Dumais said, mistakenly, that rimfire weapons were already exempted.)

-- A semiautomatic centerfire rifle would be a banned assault weapon if it is on the current list of 45 regulated assault rifles ((Public Safety Article Section 5-101(R)), or is deemed to be a "copy" of one of these; OR if it met any one of these three tests: (1) Has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds; (2) has an overall length of less than 29 inches; or (3) has any two of the following three attributes: (i) folding stock, (ii) grenade or flare launcher, or (iii) flash suppressor. A semiautomatic rimfire rifle would never be an "assault" weapon.

-- A semiautomatic shotgun would be a banned "assault" weapon if it had either a folding stock or a revolving cylinder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom