• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrozowjj

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle-ish WA
    I remember this segment of Future Weapons from several years ago.

One thing that I notice is the optic used by the IDF is a MARS red dot. I checked out availability and pricing and they run $950.00+ and are restricted to LE and military sales. I found a few on the civilian market but spending that kind of money on what may turn out to be an AirSoft knock off isn't for me.

I thought the M21 replaced the MARS?

That and the MOR
    http://www.meprolight.com/?catid={2...itemid={9A01504E-248A-4E6A-A249-E0E47A9B343A}

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Can one of you fellas who actually received the official Tavor mag with the rifle (mine was removed due to the MD 20-round limit) take a pic of the back of the feed lips? Are the official Tavor mags square-notched like this guy modded his Pmags?

http://tar21.com/tavor-tar-21-and-magpul-pmags-issues-with-the-bolt-hold-open-device/

are you having issues with the pmags??

that link was for tar-21... believe most canadian version is having issues with pmags.. not the american version..

i've run pmags on mine without mods and it runs fine.. i know couple others too with no issues.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Can one of you fellas who actually received the official Tavor mag with the rifle

FDE = IWI USA mag from Tavor
    Black = PMAG Gen 2 windowed

US Tavor is Gen 2. Many canadians have Gen 1 and 1.5. Their top rails are different too. I have no probs w/ pmags.

Attachments

• IMAG0792_crop.jpg
      IMAG0792_crop.jpg
      26.5 KB · Views: 419

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    I finally bit-the-bullet and have one of these coming in. I seriously can't afford it atm, but I've wanted one for years; and if I don't get it now, I won't ever be able to (as long as I stay in this state at least). I just wish I had the funds to get the Meprolight optic.

huesmann

n00b
    Mar 23, 2012
    Silver Spring, MD
    are you having issues with the pmags??

that link was for tar-21... believe most canadian version is having issues with pmags.. not the american version..

i've run pmags on mine without mods and it runs fine.. i know couple others too with no issues.
    No. I took mine to Cresap this morning to deflower it. After having read that dude's blog post re: the notch at the back of the mag, I filed one of my Pmags down to match. I took a GI mag, a Lancer mag, an unadulterated Pmag, and the filed down Pmag with me. Experienced no FTFs with any of them. So I guess they're all good. Better safe than sorry! Won't bother filing any more Pmags down.

So the Canuck version is different than the Yank version?

Only thing that bothers me is my beta C-mag doesn't fit in the Tavor!

FDE = IWI USA mag from Tavor
    Black = PMAG Gen 2 windowed

US Tavor is Gen 2. Many canadians have Gen 1 and 1.5. Their top rails are different too. I have no probs w/ pmags.
    Thanks for the pic, dude!

Gummy

May 16, 2009
    Eden
    Finally got to try out my Tavor 16.5". I really like the ergonomics on this rifle. It's the only bullpup I've ever shot so I can't compare it to the likes of an AUG,FS2000or PS90. I need to spend some more time with it as far as the open sights go. I haven't decided on what optic I might go with. I tried my YHM Phantom 7.62 suppressor on it and it worked well. Not to much blowback. Didn't get to try my5.56 can on it because I forgot my oven mitt. Took a long time for that Phantom to cool down after a couple of mag dumps:D.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Has anybody figured out a not-awkward way to unload and lock the bolt open on these bad boys yet?

Hold/pull charging handle while resting/pressing on shoulder.. other hand pulling the bolt stop.

Little balancing act.. but practice and it will be easier.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    IMHO, that qualifies as awkward. :)

Also, on the topic of optics, I've seen used MOR sights in the $700-$800 range (no IR laser). To me, that's nearly affordable for a combat-grade laser and tri-powered reflex sight with redundant electronics. *shrugs*

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    A dealer in Martinsburg (was at the HoCo) show has Black and possbily FDE in stock, and IDF version.

$1999 for flat top black or FDE plus tax. IDF version (hard mounted Meprolite) was $2599 plus tax. And you can receive with 30 round mag and buy additional mags.

forgett@mindspring.com

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Ive been letting people shoot my Tavor and AUG side by side. For some strange reason, folks prefer the AUG over the Tavor , 2:1

Im neutral, i like them both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom