• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Do the police ask you to literally "drop your gun" and expect you to drop it....from 3 feet in the air? That's inherently dangerous.

vgplayer

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    King George, VA
    One thing I noticed is the OP stated:
    He then threw his own pistol onto the ground and stomped on it--resulting in a round being fired parallel to the line of students, into a student's truck, with a possible ricochet towards who-knows-what.
    Implying they were lined up to do a drill.

The yelp review stated:
    One of the instructors shot my friends truck while we were all circled around it.
    Implying they were off the line maybe reloading, eating lunch, etc.

The FSC President stated:
    A negligent discharge did occur the morning of February 18th during Day 2 of a pistol course instructed by Tactical Response on Range 11 (200yrd Bay), outside of what we would considered the shooting area.
    Again implying that was off the shooting line.

People absolutely hate Yeager. I get that but we need all the facts first. What we know is an ND happened, a truck was damaged, and no one was hurt. We don't know who did it, how, or what gun. I don't think he normally instructs the satellite courses. The one report which mentions the stomping on the gun seems to potentially disagree with the other reports.

Maybe someone did stomp on a gun. Did something get in the trigger guard to actuate the trigger? Did the stomping cause the frame/slide to flex allowing the hammer or striker to fall? The later might be something worth noting if true.

5.56blaster

Ultimate Member
    The only reason is for theater. Too many "instructors" are more entertainer than instructor.

The reason guys like this thrive is the demand for entertainment vs instruction. People love to be entertained but hate to be told how to do things.

I had to train people so they wouldn't get killed, no time for entertainment just instruction. Beating up your weapon to make it look used reminds me of firefighters I knew that liked to rub up on burnt stuff to make it looked like they did something.

MoeMurrda

Feb 19, 2016
    f6ea466b22603c330c622b4e4367b8ab.jpg

Heres my new tactical response; just got her today!

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Our very own Mercop thinks he's a douche (Facebook post). I trust his opinion.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Yeager posted on his Facebook page that he'll have a full statement next week about the incident. Followed by a copy of Teddy Roosevelt's "It is not the critic who counts...." speech.
    jerkoff.gif

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    What Planet was this instructor from...anyone with any sense should realize...

"You Take Care of Your Tools"...

Keeping your weapon CLEAN keeps it functionally capable to the Job it was intended to do...

Maybe someone should have Jumped on the Roof of his truck... "SEE its only a TOOL"

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    James Yeager proved himself in Iraq when he ran away and left his fellow contractors/teammates to die in an ambush.

There are better sources for shooting and tactics training. How this Yeager and minions stay in business is a mystery but maybe Barnum was right.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    As for weapons retention, I must have been a real pusscake for using pistol and rifle lanyards at various times to maintain positive control and recall if I became seperated for my weapon.

I could never master the Jedi mind trick to get my blaster and lightsabre to jump into my hand.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    So quick to eat our own instead of learn and build up.

To quote Stan Lee and "Uncle Ben Parker",

"With great power comes greater responsibility"

When you choose to study our martial art and follow the way of the gun then negligence and incompetence can not be tolerated since a simple mistake can cost some one their life.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    To quote Stan Lee and "Uncle Ben Parker",

"With great power comes greater responsibility"

When you choose to study our martial art and follow the way of the gun then negligence and incompetence can not be tolerated since a simple mistake can cost some one their life.

Very much agreed. Particularly if one is selling their knowledge to others who don't know better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom