• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Was this before or after the instructor climbed up the pole with his special boots and throwing stars?

Ninja shoes. He got his big toe on the trigger.

Attachments

• depositphotos_33073401-Ninja-shoes-shoe-Japanese-Traditional.jpg
      depositphotos_33073401-Ninja-shoes-shoe-Japanese-Traditional.jpg
      40.3 KB · Views: 636

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Losers. I have done and will continue to do lots of training, but have never and will never consider training with Yeager and friends.

lonzo

Dec 8, 2015
    Moco
    Sorry, but I don't believe it. State and federal law prevents most stupid things and if it did happen, major lawsuit. So I highly doubt these kind of nonsense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    Go back and read the link to calguns, the representative from the range they were using verified this actually happened.

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    I have such an aversion to anything named or deemed "Tactical" I hate the word in all of what it has come to mean. All i can picture is some tactibeard clad 5.11, head to toe, operator trying to out zero Instructor Zero. Many classes like this, and they'll never see a penny of what litle money i have.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Sorry, but I don't believe it. State and federal law prevents most stupid things and if it did happen, major lawsuit. So I highly doubt these kind of nonsense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't know if that was meant as sarcasm, but this most definitely did happen. From the Calguns thread:

President of the club / range where this happened said:
    A negligent discharge did occur the morning of February 18th during Day 2 of a pistol course instructed by Tactical Response on Range 11 (200yrd Bay), outside of what we would considered the shooting area.

This incident was not reported to any of our range staff at the time. Our operations manager (Mike Calvo) was made aware of the incident via an email from a concerned member of the club with family that took the TR course. I was immediately informed and instructed Mr. Calvo to proceed with an investigation.

I have personally talked to several participants at the course and one eye witness that observed the incident from beginning to end at close proximity.

We will not bother going into the fine details of the incident but the Board of Directors of Folsom Shooting Club has determined that Tactical Response will no longer be allowed to conduct any type of training at Sacramento Valley Shooting Center. This is effective immediately. An official email notifying Tactical Response is being sent as I post this reply.

FSC appreciates all that reached out with first hand knowledge of the incident.

Sincerely,

Vu Pham
    FSC - President

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    So quick to eat our own instead of learn and build up.

How do you mean that?

This instructor was having his students do blatantly unsafe things, was doing unsafe things himself, and somebody could have been shot because of it.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Yeah, I don't consider EVERY gun owner to be "one of my own". There are complete idiots in every walk of life, I do my best to avoid them.

Kbroc2

Jun 1, 2013
    Harford
    Never had a problem or felt in danger training with them. That one instructor was either new or an outside assistant instructor. I trained with them in Hershey, PA April 2014. Honestly probably the most mature and responsible group of instructors. They treated everyone like adults and students reciprocated by being adults. Expect some serious learning that gets glossed over or missed in most other basic pistol classes.
    :thumbsup:
    Took fighting pistol in Camden Tn. in February and fighting rifle over the summer in Palmyra PA. It was excellent training and couldn't be happier to go back in the future, most of what you hear on the internet is overblown. Did we fire with people beyond 180 degree line yes, did we drop our pistols yes, did we break any cardinal safety rules no.

5.56blaster

Ultimate Member
    I'm confused on the "drop your pistol" thing. Step on your pistol thing? As an instructor I taught retention of your weapon. As a combatant I never dropped my weapon. That's a good way to end up dead. I did 26 years and 4 combat deployments, maybe I'm just not "tactical "enough to understand all this cool stuff.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    :thumbsup:
    Took fighting pistol in Camden Tn. in February and fighting rifle over the summer in Palmyra PA. It was excellent training and couldn't be happier to go back in the future, most of what you hear on the internet is overblown. Did we fire with people beyond 180 degree line yes, did we drop our pistols yes, did we break any cardinal safety rules no.

What was the stated purpose for dropping your pistol on the ground?

Kbroc2

Jun 1, 2013
    Harford
    I'm confused on the "drop your pistol" thing. Step on your pistol thing? As an instructor I taught retention of your weapon. As a combatant I never dropped my weapon. That's a good way to end up dead. I did 26 years and 4 combat deployments, maybe I'm just not "tactical "enough to understand all this cool stuff.

What I took from it was 1 be prepared to drop it when told to by police once they arrive to a self defense scenario and 2 it's a tool treat it like one it's allowed to get dirty. No one stepped or stomped on them. once they were on the ground an instructor walked down the line pointing them downrange before the next course of instruction started.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom