• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MDlocal

Jan 11, 2013
    Frederick
    I got mine already. Def like the look of it. Came out real nice. Update on their Facebook page recently showed a big batch of them going through the final stages.

bigdummy30

Feb 2, 2009
    Finksburg,MD
    i THINK the lower numbers are billet and are taking longer ...they have forged in stock and will ship those quick if you dont want to wait ...is what I read on facebook

risk

Dec 7, 2011
    Has anyone heard from or received their lower from Shadow Op's ? I emailed Lori a couple of times but have not heard any news in a couple of weeks. WTF !!!!!!!!!!!!

I spoke to Lori 2 days ago. I tired to find her number for you, but I'll need to keep looking.

She put me on the Maryland list to have a shipped lower by the end of June. I also got the billet upgrade and both sides laser engraved. My order number is almost 4,000.

Edit: found a number for Lori, 303-999-5192. This is not the same number I called (could not find it) but this number was posted on there facebook as a direct number to Lori.

KRONIK27

DorseyGS
    Mar 12, 2009
    Washington County
    I got the Free Billet Upgrade, engraving as well. Order #828. They are expecting there Material for the Billet with in 2 weeks. Mentioned Billet Lower should be Shipped before the end of June. Let's see....

MDlocal

Jan 11, 2013
    Frederick
    What happened?
    Here's the email I got from them on Sunday. Just seems kind of crazy.....

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to let you know that if you bought a bolt carrier group from us and paid with credit card, we never got paid.

It is not a result of any of your actions or ours, but that of our credit card processor at the time. They saw about $90,000 in transactions all at once with the orders and froze the funds from being released to us. They instituted a quick audit. In that audit, we reported a legal transaction for a .308 Bolt Action FNH Special Police Sniper Rifle that we sold on Gunbroker.com to a licensed FFL dealer in South Carolina. They got upset that we did gun auctions on gunbroker.com and told us that it was strictly forbidden to sell online with gun auctions and because we did such an “egregious action” that they would have to hold the funds for 180 days before they released the funds to our account.

I could take legal action, and invest in expensive lawyers to have our funds released. That process would take in excess of 180 days to get through the court system or I can just give everyone a 100% refund and cancel the orders that were placed. This puts the money back in your pocket, and if you still want the bolt carrier groups I can still sell them to you. We’ve switched to a different credit card processor, and there will be no issues this time around as long as I keep my sales under $10,000 a day. We’ll try to process everyone’s orders as fast as we can, to get the bolt carrier groups into your hand.

There is good news, I have all of the bolt carriers in hand, except some of them have shipped. If I have shipped yours, I’m still going to refund your money and I will contact you to get the payment for them later.

I am going to keep everyone’s bolt carrier orders with name in place for when you receive your refund and then I will manually invoice you for the carriers if you want to keep your order. If you choose not to keep the order, I have about 400 people who want them at those prices. I totally understand and I will give it to the next guy in line.

We are going to be cancelling and issuing 100% full refunds over the next several days. This action does not require you to do anything on your part and I will not sell your bolt carriers to anyone else other than you.

We are sorry, but this is the only way that I saw of resolving the situation with the old credit card processing company. It also denies them gaining interest on the funds or any of the transactional costs associated with our sales, which is really the only way that I can get back at them for their anti-second amendment policies.

You will ALL keep your orders and your bolt carrier groups are being set aside for each order that we had in received.

I hope you understand, that this had absolutely nothing to do with us and that it was my only course of action to move forward.

As a gift, I’m going to give you guys all a Shadow Ops $20 T-shirt with free shipping as a gift from me for your understanding.

Just email me back with your size and I will give you one with our new “coin” logo as shown below.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...973738.-2207520000.1370219483.&type=3&theater

Take care,

Paul (Dusty)

Paul E. Russ III

Owner

Shadow Ops Weaponry, LLC

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    That sounds like a headache, but a familiar one. Many FFL dealers have been running into that issue lately with processors.

It appears many "fly by night" shops opened up in the last 6mo and took many payments for a back-ordered or out of stock item and then vanished. Many customers did charge-backs but the processors weren't able to collect funds from the retailer so they got stuck holding the bag it looks like.

We had our long-time payment processor try to withhold 6 figures+ in deposits from us within the last few weeks. We're now changing processors ;).

MDlocal

Jan 11, 2013
    Frederick
    That sounds like a headache, but a familiar one. Many FFL dealers have been running into that issue lately with processors.

It appears many "fly by night" shops opened up in the last 6mo and took many payments for a back-ordered or out of stock item and then vanished. Many customers did charge-backs but the processors weren't able to collect funds from the retailer so they got stuck holding the bag it looks like.

We had our long-time payment processor try to withhold 6 figures+ in deposits from us within the last few weeks. We're now changing processors ;).
    Wow, that sucks. No surprise bottom feeders showed up when the crunch happened. Glad I waited instead of ordering from sites I wasn't familiar with. And thanks JoeBob for the BCG I got from you a couple weeks ago.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I cancelled my order for 2 lowers last week. The long wait time and uncertain delivery dates convinced me to take my business to PSA, they shipped 3 lowers out right away.

Now I'm waiting to pick them up.

TheBulge

Mar 7, 2011
    Has anyone received their 308 receiver from these guys? If so, how does it look? I ordered mine the night SB281 passed (order # 4266) and, at the time, was told it would ship on June 20th. I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve :D

http://www.shadowopsweaponry.com/products/181-dpms-ar-10-lower-receivers-so-308d-308-win-sniper-rifle.aspx

I got mine a few weeks ago. I was order 2600ish. I opted for no graphic.
    They look nice, kind of hefty. The only thing I don’t like is the square corners on the mag well. I wish they rounded them off a little bit.
    I will try to post a pic sometime.

Blazin

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2008
    Leonardtown, MD
    I got mine a few weeks ago. I was order 2600ish. I opted for no graphic.
    They look nice, kind of hefty. The only thing I don’t like is the square corners on the mag well. I wish they rounded them off a little bit.
    I will try to post a pic sometime.

Thanks for the feedback, looking forward to your pics. The pics on their website look very cool, but I wasn't sure if the quality of the lower on their website was representative of the actual quality. I also opted for no graphics.

Bublar

Mar 6, 2013
    Baltimore, MD
    I also have one on order and am playing a fun game of email tag with "Jenn" for the last several weeks. I attempting to hold out for the billet....though the fact they cannot give an ETA is beginning to wear on me.

I'd certainly appreciate seeing a picture as well. This will probably determine whether or not I'll keep the order placed with them or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom