• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigdummy30

Feb 2, 2009
    Finksburg,MD
    I was really hoping for the billet with the American flag on it .....then i found a plain billet locally and snatched up another 80%er ....so i kinda still want the flag on a billet but may settle for a forged just to be done with it but then after transfer fees im looking at a $200+ forged lower.....i could buy 2 more 80s for the same money

Ugggghhhh,its all about the flag at this point...

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    You mind me asking roughly what your Order # was. Mine was in the low #800. Another 4 to 8 weeks is insane. Compare to 4 to 6 weeks that they told me a month ago.

I was order # 3289 ordered on 2/7/03. I ordered a forged and passed on the Billet.

KRONIK27

DorseyGS
    Mar 12, 2009
    Washington County
    I was order # 3289 ordered on 2/7/03. I ordered a forged and passed on the Billet.

OK, that makes sense. They offer me the forge and it would be shipped out ASAP. But dummy me thought that was a Awesome deal for a Billet. Compare what they sell Billets for, I'll guess I shall suffer a little more.

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    I am order #2538 and they just told me today it would be 4-7 more weeks. This is getting to be BS. I've hung in this far, but if they don't deliver these things soon there may not be time to hunt down alernatives.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Went to 2A to fill out the paperwork on my lower. Interesting that magwell engraving is more like an etched image because there was no difference in depth.

20130802_132925_zpsecfbb09e.jpg

20130802_132936_zpsc32006f7.jpg

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Δδ Delta / Αα Alpha link to Greek alphabet http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_alphabet

I didn't follow the actual greek alphabet due to fear that some one would goof the engraving or question what I wanted. I did the design using fonts that sort of substitutes the letters so you can make a word with greek looking letters.

to spell out alpha and omega in actually words was way to difficult and looked bad. While not true to greek or latin it looks better than just the two symbols.

http://www.dafont.com/ancient-geek.font

risk

Dec 7, 2011
    I'm going to cancel my order. Based on all the chatter on their Facebook page and them pushing order holders to accept forges.

No way they get billets complete anytime soon and I'm not paying $150 +local ffl fee for a forged.

Additionally, I would want to change my ffl that they have on record but that seems hard to do considering how hard it is to get in touch with them.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I'm going to cancel my order. Based on all the chatter on their Facebook page and them pushing order holders to accept forges.

No way they get billets complete anytime soon and I'm not paying $150 +local ffl fee for a forged.

Additionally, I would want to change my ffl that they have on record but that seems hard to do considering how hard it is to get in touch with them.

Take your money to Engage Armament in Rockville. They have Billet lowers and uppers in stock. $205 no shipping or transfer fee + they have a conditional 8 day release. Call them for details *301-838-3151or visit their IP section here on MDS. http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=41046 tp://

MDlocal

Jan 11, 2013
    Frederick
    Can't believe people are still waiting. This has def been going too long. If I hadn't gotten mine already, I would cancel it and go to Engage and get what I needed. Just in case it helps, here's the details on my completed order.

Order# 504
    Ordered 12/30/12
    Graphic sent 3/8/13
    Received 4/23/13

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads