• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mdshooter9090

Jan 29, 2013
    I hope Challa was available March 1, 2013 like I was at 2:30 AM testifying in Annapolis.

In 2 minutes my password will be changed to gibberish. Have fun guys, I learned lots from you.

Self regulated ...

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    large

squirrels

Who cooks for you?
    Jan 25, 2008
    This is our state!!!!

A noble, but foolish notion.

I'd love to try to "take back MD", but the problem is there are too many people in this state who are actually HAPPY with the direction it's going.

If I believed there was a chance that MD could be "taken back", I'd stay. But the majority is happy to be heading down this path. If this is what they want, let them have it. I'll seek a place that aligns better with my views on things.

That's what states' rights is all about. If the population of a single state want to run that state into the ground, let them. I can find somewhere else.

It's not just the politicians you're fighting here. It's the people and their attitudes. Central MD becomes more of an overwhelming sh!thole every day. Before you decide to fight, decide whether what you'll win is worth it.

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    if we could restrict voting to people not receiving free stuff from the gov't we'd get this country back

That's why the founders had originally made it so that only property owners could vote. Not because they were elitist douche bags, but because if you don't have any skin in the game, you shouldn't have a say in how it's played.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    That's why the founders had originally made it so that only property owners could vote. Not because they were elitist douche bags, but because if you don't have any skin in the game, you shouldn't have a say in how it's played.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^YUP^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The original document was a brilliant idea which was thought up by brilliant men.

And we went and FUC..D it all up inside of 240 years.

I've called for a pre-voting test all of my life to ensure the person pulling the switch has some sense of the issues at hand. There is too much at stake to allow ignorant people to vote.

Ignorant people voting is why I and Millions of other people will have to pay a "water falling from the sky and hitting my roof and drive way" tax soon.

A few weeks back, random people on the street were asked to identify Joe Biden from a choice of 5 pictures. 45 percent of the people asked could not do it. And they voted in 2012.

Our country is really sick right now and I fear it won't ever recover.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    I don't believe its an issue of it spreading via people (Migration). Personally I think 99% of young people are just effing stupid (I would say young people those under 30-35, mostly those without Children or Own Property). The rest vote for who gives the most handouts and takes from those who work.
    Nothing I can add to that.:party29:

JustCuz

Non-Expendable Citizen
    Aug 25, 2012
    Hanover, MD
    Would everyone stop talking about people and businesses leaving Maryland!! This is our state!!!!

Did you go to any of the hearings? It's not our state; it's Montgomery County's state. Maybe that's our fault, and I hope it can change in the next election. Nonetheless, the corruption runs deep...

T'Challa

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 24, 2013
    Wakanda
    Interesting. I'm guessing you've spent time in Phoenix. My family has ranched minutes from the border for over 100 years and they don't hate "illegals." I grew up in Tucson and only the newcomers hate illegals. The state used to be Mexico. Tucson was a Mexican community first, by a couple hundred years. My family would not have made it as farmers and ranchers if it wasn't for seasonal migrants. Still wouldn't.

True. Arizona was once foreign Spanish Territory. Texas was it's own country. It's true many ranches would go under if not for migratory workers. Migratory workers are somewhat necessary in our economy and will grow more important. Many "illegals" are having children that are full U.S. citizens. Given our history and trajectory Spanglish will be the dominant dialect in many parts of the country.

T'Challa

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 24, 2013
    Wakanda
    eventually the whole country will be like MD. Its all about the Demographics barring a major permanent political realignment

You are right on point. Changing demographics is not bad thing so long as the fabric of our Government holds to it's constitution and how it developed yet remained true to being uniquely American. Americans enjoy gun rights that most the world only dreams about. It is in the context of changing demographics and being globally minded that American is being reshaped. Citizen rights should be preserved..... with that said, there are more and notably different citizens to share the country with. Our country has gone through this before. in the 1800's nobody wanted the Irish. Post slavery, no one wanted African Americans and so on and so on. So the demographics changes, but gun rights should be preserved because it's in our countries DNA.

Lex Armarum

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2009
    What I worry about with people leaving, is that eventually all the 2A people will be concentrated into a few states, and not enough to stop national gun control.

Of course you realize that when the situation of which you speak comes to fruition, there's only one course of action. We saw it in the 1860s. I firmly believe that civil war is an inevitable outcome of the current political fight we're fighting. I'm just waiting for the fireworks.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Did you go to any of the hearings? It's not our state; it's Montgomery County's state. Maybe that's our fault, and I hope it can change in the next election. Nonetheless, the corruption runs deep...

The reason it is Montgomery County's state is because both the representatives in the State Senate and the State House are determined based upon population. This is unlike the US Legislature where each state gets 2 Senators in the Senate. If it were like that here in Maryland, where each county got ONLY 2 Senators, we would not be in the crap hole we are in.

The worst part about all this is that EVERYBODY wants insane growth. Frederick is looking for population growth and development, as is Howard County, Baltimore County, Anne Arundel County, etc. Nobody stops to think that this "growth" isn't as great as they think it will be. Short run, it is great. Long run, complete disaster.

I wonder if anybody has ever thought about putting a moratorium on new development and requiring these "developers" to renovate the existing crap holes we have. I know, we need cheap housing for the poor (i.e., crap holes), but there will always be crap holes as others move into the renovated dwellings.

I am hoping western Howard County remains liveable for another 18 years even if Howard County in general joins Montgomery, PG, and Baltimore City.

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    I can understand that a person that is unhappy with the state they live in might wish to move, but as some have stated many of us were born, raised, have jobs, family, etc. here and are here for the long haul. To the many that constantly rant about how they are leaving.......go for it! How about in 1 year from today on 5/21/14 you check back in and let us know where you are living so we can see who will put there money where their mouth is and who is just running their mouth.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom