• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Anyone can talk about it. When you aren't being listened to shout or move... Like others said i have obligations here so I will move slowly. It would take time to sever ties here but it is possible. For now I will stay and fight. If this becomes California of the East Coast I will move.

"IF"????? :shocked2:

101018_omalley_mikulski_ap_328.jpg

Bigdtc

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 6, 2007
    South Carolina
    I didn't know you moved! Congratulations!

Unfortunately, Les is correct. Those of us that are tied down with mortgages, established careers, and family is this god-forsaken state cannot just pick up stakes and move camp. I broached the topic with the wife not too long ago and was told that we just moved to our new home and we're not moving anytime soon.... :sad20:

LOL.. Thanks.. Yeah, I moved last fall.. Freedom is great!!

Perhaps you should approach it at a different angle? Like, set yourself up to buy some property out of Md with plans to develop and/or move there later.... Or you could approach it as a long term plan.. Like in 5 or ten years?/.. Just a thought..
    Hope you and family are well!! :thumbsup:

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    I stopped in a local gun store yesterday and was pleasantly surprised to find out if you have a Concealed Handgun License, you fill out the 4473, and then walk out with the firearm. It's not even sent to the Feds.
    Some of the guns in the case were banned in MD and to think I could plop down several hundred dollars or more and take it home within minutes was awesome.
    Those of you who are able to flee and do so will not regret it. I know it's just not possible for many unfortunately.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    I stopped in a local gun store yesterday and was pleasantly surprised to find out if you have a Concealed Handgun License, you fill out the 4473, and then walk out with the firearm. It's not even sent to the Feds.
    Some of the guns in the case were banned in MD and to think I could plop down several hundred dollars or more and take it home within minutes was awesome.
    Those of you who are able to flee and do so will not regret it. I know it's just not possible for many unfortunately.

This is the first time I heard about this. Did you do it or was this just some BS someone was telling you? I heard about a gun shop close to DC many LEO's go because it is right next to a MSP location. They go their so they can hand carry the paperwork right to the MSP so they can walk out with a gun. My point being that even the LEO's have to do paperwork.

No disrespect intended, but I'm having a very hard time believing this is true, or why the 3 different FFL's that processed the paperwork for my last 3 hand guns did not seem to know about this as we were talking about how we wished it was that way. And yes, all 3 knew I have a CCW.

Where is the FFL that told you this info?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

Perhaps you should approach it at a different angle? Like, set yourself up to buy some property out of Md with plans to develop and/or move there later.... Or you could approach it as a long term plan.. Like in 5 or ten years?/.. Just a thought..

Hey Big,

You need to change your location now that you are further south...:lol2::lol2:

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    This is the first time I heard about this. Did you do it or was this just some BS someone was telling you? I heard about a gun shop close to DC many LEO's go because it is right next to a MSP location. They go their so they can hand carry the paperwork right to the MSP so they can walk out with a gun. My point being that even the LEO's have to do paperwork.

No disrespect intended, but I'm having a very hard time believing this is true, or why the 3 different FFL's that processed the paperwork for my last 3 hand guns did not seem to know about this as we were talking about how we wished it was that way. And yes, all 3 knew I have a CCW.

Where is the FFL that told you this info?

Look at his location...He lives in TEXAS. :rolleyes:

My Husband will have 33 yrs on his job this year & I will have 30. Both should be able to retire but, because of MOM & his awesome tax increases, we just can't afford to do it right now. People say 'just move', but it's not that easy! We have 1 just starting 2nd year of college & 1 graduating High School next year. Then she will be going to college. Majority of family is here as well. We also have to take into consideration that our parents are in their mid 70's. Not saying poor health or anything like that but, they are getting to the point they need help with things. Can't just leave them alone. We discussed it. When we can finally retire, we are moving. But not for at least 10 yrs. We have priorities and that's just life. People don't think about that at all. But all I want right now is my Tracker 992 Revolver! :tantrum: I'm a 1st time purchaser with paperwork faxed 3/19. The wait is horrible! :sad20: With that said...
    Everyone have a safe Memorial Day weekend!! :party29:

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    It isn't as simple as that either. If the number of people leaving is greater than the number of people coming in, then it works. Also, if businesses leave and take jobs with them, it makes it even harder for others to move in here and buy the homes that are left for sale when there aren't enough jobs.

Look at Detroit. Once a thriving city, it is now a disaster. How about parts of Baltimore City? Nothing is as simple as "If you move out, somebody will definitely move in and replace you." There is a lot more to it, and the person moving in might actually have a lower skill set than the person leaving and make less money as a result. Then the neighborhood goes to crap. The last ones to leave are the ones that get screwed with reduced property values. It would suck to be one of the last ones holding out in Detroit right now.

I would so laugh in Baltimore City turned into Detroit. I mean the FD's on their way to being similar. Furlough, shutting down firehouse's.

What would be awesome, is if maryland turned into the same thing as detroit. Tax that omalley. Ruined a state beyond recognition, wonder how good you would do as president

Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA
    I would so laugh in Baltimore City turned into Detroit. I mean the FD's on their way to being similar. Furlough, shutting down firehouse's.

What would be awesome, is if maryland turned into the same thing as detroit. Tax that omalley. Ruined a state beyond recognition, wonder how good you would do as president

There wouldn't be anything funny or awesome about any of that.

snavematt

say what?
    May 19, 2009
    Stafford, VA as of 5/7/13
    I sleep so well knowing I'm free, I dot hear anything but the wind, frogs, cicadas and birds where we moved. Used to have skinks then i found the black snake that must have ate them. 20 minute drive to work. I don't have people walking up my street actin like idiots, leaving trash in thier wake, loud car stereo systems. Heck a hmming bird just did a fly by.
    Life is great living away from 21228!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom