• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    Threeband weeps
    I thought about paying respects because threeband came to the same conclusion as I did before I did. And then I just didnt.

I can say that he and I came to the same conclusion organically. This is a forum of original thought and opinion, given a certain stimuli, it is reasonable that two people will come to a similar conclusion.

This isn't a popularity contest to me. I have an opinion. I state that opinion.

Threeband said it first. He knows he is correct. Hopefully my opinion serves as reinforcement of his own.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Revolvers manufactured before 1899 are not "firearms" under federal definition. .32 Rimfire to the rescue!!

You think you're joking . But for this , and other legal reasons , plus the plain ballistic coolness , the problem is lack of ammunition .

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    It’s a medical building. I mean, for me, common sense would tell me I can’t get an MRI with a holstered weapon. I can’t secure it going in and out of a magnetic tunnel box. I have no issue with a hospital/clinic being a no-go site.
    Can you secure it while talking to a doctor about your MRI?

If you think hospital/clinics are no goes then don't carry there. But it is playing into the nonsense sensitive places lunacy to think they should be on that list.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I've carried at Advanced Radiology at the Fisher Building. I was taking my wife for CT scans or X Rays, no tests for myself. I stayed away from the MRI room, but it IS a separate room with warning signs on the door. You're fine staying out of that room.

This was before October 1.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    LOL... Just for grins and giggles I went and checked my ammo log. I actually have more .32 RF short on hand than .45 ACP... and I own and shoot a Thompson M1-A1.

Cool !
    How old ? Has any .32 RF been made since WWII ?
    Does it still consistently go Bang ?

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Cool !
    How old ? Has any .32 RF been made since WWII ?
    Does it still consistently go Bang ?
    Probably half is from the 1990s Navy Arms run (last time it was made). The other half is from the 30s through 60s. It all pretty much works. Typical failure rates for rimfires maybe 0.5%. Have black powder stuff from 1880s to 1890s that is collectable so I don't shoot it, but I'm guessing most of it would still go off.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Revolvers manufactured before 1899 are not "firearms" under federal definition. .32 Rimfire to the rescue!!

In the Old Days on this forum, there were discussions about antique revolvers. There are antique break open revolvers in .38 S&W available for the bold and fearless, and the ammunition is still available.

While not legally a "firearm," they could be considered "dangerous weapons," if only to the shooter, and could be prosecuted as such

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    Can you secure it while talking to a doctor about your MRI?

If you think hospital/clinics are no goes then don't carry there. But it is playing into the nonsense sensitive places lunacy to think they should be on that list.

Funny story, I had a patient and his family in the ER once. The dad was very sick and son was at the bedside. They ran a pawn shop somewhere in Baltimore county. The son, a portly fellow, shifted his bulk around in his chair and his holstered carry piece showed.

I simply pulled the curtain to the room and said: "Your Glock is showing. Please be mindful of that. I'd suggest sitting on the other side of the stretcher, so little slip ups aren't obvious"

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    "Your honor, I shall demonstrate that a reasonable person would understand that sign to apply ONLY to Tokarev pistols. Of course, my client was carrying a SIG."

"Can you produce witnesses who can testify to that understanding?"

"I can, your honor."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom