• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    I suggest a new sticky where we can post any new signs we see on businesses either prohibiting carrying firearms or allowing the carry of firearms. Posts should include the wording on the sign and a pic if possible.

This idea is sparked by a new sign at the shoprite in Belcamp the states no “carrying of authorized weapons” will be tolerated. Funny considering how it’s worded, since the MSP has “authorized” me through my permit to be able to wear and carry a firearm.

I really hope all this BS gets settled in court quickly and whiles its being settled the new “laws” are put on hold.

TD

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I saw a sign similar to this outside a store the other day.
    I’d like to know if a sign with no words is enforceable. I mean this might mean “revolvers only.”

IMG_7003.jpeg

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    I saw a sign similar to this outside a store the other day.
    I’d like to know if a sign with no words is enforceable. I mean this might mean “revolvers only.”

View attachment 419248
    That's my interpretation - revolvers only. I also interpret this to mean "concealed carry only" and "not open carry." Without words, it's too ambiguous.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    That's my interpretation - revolvers only. I also interpret this to mean "concealed carry only" and "not open carry." Without words, it's too ambiguous.

View attachment 419248

Good ones , and I've been known to make similar cracks .

But seriously . Wording or not on " No Carry " signs don't matter . Only " Carry Allowed ' signs will matter .

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Miles, where is the sign located? Just left a few minutes ago and I stood at the entry and exit doors gawking at everything taped up and didnt notice it. No tobacco under 21, the yellow shoprite No Trepassing/No "heelies" sign, didn't see any firearm related signs.

Maybe they took it down already? LOL

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    This idea is sparked by a new sign at the shoprite in Belcamp the states no “carrying of authorized weapons” will be tolerated. Funny considering how it’s worded, since the MSP has “authorized” me through my permit to be able to wear and carry a firearm.

TD
    If you carry an authorized weapon into the store, it becomes unauthorized upon entry. So then the weapon you're carrying is unauthorized, and therefore okay to have. :D

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    Miles, where is the sign located? Just left a few minutes ago and I stood at the entry and exit doors gawking at everything taped up and didnt notice it. No tobacco under 21, the yellow shoprite No Trepassing/No "heelies" sign, didn't see any firearm related signs.

Maybe they took it down already? LOL
    Second set of doors, bottom right corner.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    If you carry an authorized weapon into the store, it becomes unauthorized upon entry. So then the weapon you're carrying is unauthorized, and therefore okay to have. :D
    OR, if you enter with an unauthorized weapon, it will be an authorized upon entry.

Two sides to the same coin.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County

OR, if you enter with an unauthorized weapon, it will be an authorized upon entry.

Two sides to the same coin.
    It appears that we've discovered quite the paradox. Schrödinger is neither alive or dead in his grave.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Made me scratch my head , then look it up .
    136 E. Main is private residence
    136 W. Main sort of shows a Photographer Studio ? But that studio directly is now showing an address over the line in Pa , and not on Main street ?

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    For some reason, I read "things" as "thongs" and I was thinking that most any female would be welcome in my store with a thong without permission.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom