Gaithersburg, MD
    It's called the Springfield Prodigy.
    I do like me some Springfield.

SA 1911's.jpg

Ray2kid

BANNED!!!
    Mar 6, 2023
    Gaithersburg
    I don’t understand how ordering directly from Staccato makes sense. Why wouldn’t you just purchase or order from a local dealer and save the shipping and transfer costs? And support a small business in MD to boot.
    If you can find a local dealer than carry the CS model, not likely.

gmharle

MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Millers, MD
    If you can find a local dealer than carry the CS model, not likely.
    MD Elite Firearms in Finksburg will have the CS as soon as they can get there hands on them. I am sure that there are going to bring in a sell as many as they can get ahold of.

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    Flat Broke Shooters in Lexington Park (SoMD) is a Staccato dealer. I purchased a P and C2 from them. I don't believe they are allowed to discount the prices, since you have to become an authorized dealer to sell them. I absolutely love the Staccato P. just a touch more than the C2. However, I am seriously going to consider the CS...was also looking at the Wilson Combat SFX9...hard decision.

Ray2kid

BANNED!!!
    Mar 6, 2023
    Gaithersburg
    Flat Broke Shooters in Lexington Park (SoMD) is a Staccato dealer. I purchased a P and C2 from them. I don't believe they are allowed to discount the prices, since you have to become an authorized dealer to sell them. I absolutely love the Staccato P. just a touch more than the C2. However, I am seriously going to consider the CS...was also looking at the Wilson Combat SFX9...hard decision.
    I have looked at the SFX9, it’s an easy decision for me. CS comes optic ready, and if you buy the optic from Staccato, the’ll install and sight it for you. I will not buy any hand gun now that is not optic ready.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Well, since we're fantasizing about above average carry guns, I offer this

Great video, thanks for sharing. I do not own any of the five CC handguns in it, but I do plan to check out the Staccato CS at MD Elite when they get them next month. I went over to MD Elite a couple of weekends ago to take a look at the Wilson Combat that is described in the video, but decided that I would wait and check out the Staccato CS which is priced slightly less.

Cal68

5cary

On the spreading edge of the butter knife.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2007
    Sykesville, MD
    I just ordered mine today with red dot and flat trigger, Expensive...
    So it made it to the roster? Staccato told me they would not take orders from MD at all until it's on the roster. I ordered waay back when it was released and they cancelled my order a few weeks ago with a phone call and apologies.

Ray2kid

BANNED!!!
    Mar 6, 2023
    Gaithersburg
    So it made it to the roster? Staccato told me they would not take orders from MD at all until it's on the roster. I ordered waay back when it was released and they cancelled my order a few weeks ago with a phone call and apologies.
    Yes, it's on the roster, go ahead and order it.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Yes, it's on the roster, go ahead and order it.
    I can't find it on the roster... I did find the C2 (which I own) but not the CS. I know it was approved at the last meeting, but thought it wouldn't really be available until the new list was published. Am I looking in the wrong place? Please point me in the right direction. Thanks!

Ray2kid

BANNED!!!
    Mar 6, 2023
    Gaithersburg
    I can't find it on the roster... I did find the C2 (which I own) but not the CS. I know it was approved at the last meeting, but thought it wouldn't really be available until the new list was published. Am I looking in the wrong place? Please point me in the right direction. Thanks!
    It was approved on March 8, it will be officially published on Apr 23. You can purchase the gun now, I just did.

Last edited:

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    I have looked at the SFX9, it’s an easy decision for me. CS comes optic ready, and if you buy the optic from Staccato, the’ll install and sight it for you. I will not buy any hand gun now that is not optic ready.
    I am also leaning this direction...most of my purchases in the past year have been OR guns and I am considering having a few of my favorite non-OR guns milled for an optic. The only reason I was even considering the SFX9 was that I handled one at the Chantilly gunshow a few months back and the reduced grip size (similar to the Vertec-style grip on the new Berettas) felt wonderful in my squatty little hands. Staccato has done the same kind of treatment to the CS grips, making them the perfect size for me.

Just as a sidenote, I believe you can get the WC with an optics cut, but of course, they are going to charge a whole lot more. Regardless, I am a huge STI/Staccato fan (sold all of my STI 1911s, dammit!), so I am pretty sure I will be going the CS route.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I am also leaning this direction...most of my purchases in the past year have been OR guns and I am considering having a few of my favorite non-OR guns milled for an optic. The only reason I was even considering the SFX9 was that I handled one at the Chantilly gunshow a few months back and the reduced grip size (similar to the Vertec-style grip on the new Berettas) felt wonderful in my squatty little hands. Staccato has done the same kind of treatment to the CS grips, making them the perfect size for me.

Just as a sidenote, I believe you can get the WC with an optics cut, but of course, they are going to charge a whole lot more. Regardless, I am a huge STI/Staccato fan (sold all of my STI 1911s, dammit!), so I am pretty sure I will be going the CS route.
    I watched a review of the WC SFX9 on Guns & Ammo TV yesterday evening (recorded show) and it sure looked like a great handgun. The reviewer said that the SFX9 had some improvements over the EDC9, and I know that the EDC9 already was a great handgun. I had checked one out at MD Elite Firearms a couple of weeks ago. However, like you I too am only looking for OR handguns and the CS will give me that at a slightly lower price point. The CS ticks off more boxes for me.

Cal68

Ray2kid

BANNED!!!
    Mar 6, 2023
    Gaithersburg

Yeah, the CS is designed for people that appriciate a nice firearm, plus, It includes all the features that we look for.

Last edited:

Chowda69

Apr 5, 2012
    Maryland (ugh)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads