• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Twist

Feb 17, 2023
    Annapolis
    I think about my EDC firearm like I would a work vehicle. No bling, affordable, and not too worried about showing signs of wear and tear while making sure it's always in good working order. It's not a fashion statement because the only time it won't be concealed is on a very bad day. There's plenty of options under $600 for a pistol that will be very effective at self defense. Now, of course I have firearms that are guns I always wanted that don't have to serve in EDC but I'd never want to have a DA ask me why I felt the need to defend myself with a optioned out race gun. There should be nothing wrong with that but we don't live in that world.

gmharle

MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Millers, MD
    If I can find one for sale out of state, can you purchase it and let it sit at the FFL till its approved ? Or would we have to wait ?
    Sure as long as the FFL is ok with holding it until it is officially on the roster and you can submit your 77r.

Ray2kid

BANNED!!!
    Mar 6, 2023
    Gaithersburg
    If I can find one for sale out of state, can you purchase it and let it sit at the FFL till its approved ? Or would we have to wait ?
    I contacted Staccato and asked if I can place an order now since their delivery is 90-120 Days on CS. They said they won't take an order until the gun has been put on Maryland roster. I just contacted the handgun roster bord, It's allready been approved and it will go on the roster on Apr 23rd.
    I would wait and order it direct from Staccato.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I was visiting Maryland's Elite Firearms (an IP on this Forum) on Saturday and they are planning to get a bunch of Staccato CS's as soon as they hit the MD roster. I'll definitely take another trip out to Dan's shop to compare the CS with the Staccato C2 that I bought from him last year.

Cal68

gmharle

MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Millers, MD
    I contacted Staccato and asked if I can place an order now since their delivery is 90-120 Days on CS. They said they won't take an order until the gun has been put on Maryland roster. I just contacted the handgun roster bord, It's allready been approved and it will go on the roster on Apr 23rd.
    I would wait and order it direct from Staccato.
    I don’t understand how ordering directly from Staccato makes sense. Why wouldn’t you just purchase or order from a local dealer and save the shipping and transfer costs? And support a small business in MD to boot.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I don’t understand how ordering directly from Staccato makes sense. Why wouldn’t you just purchase or order from a local dealer and save the shipping and transfer costs? And support a small business in MD to boot.
    Wouldn't buying from a manufacturer be sold at MSRP? Instead of a "street price" from a gun shop?

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Wouldn't buying from a manufacturer be sold at MSRP? Instead of a "street price" from a gun shop?
    I don't think you will find a new Staccato at a shop at less than MSRP. But you would still save the transfer and shipping fees.

owldo

Ultimate Member
    Made me look .
    Pretty much a generic discussion of $$$ pistols .

For any vaguely practical purpose ( unless you are ranked in top 1% of particular shooting discipline , trying for top 0.1% ) what you are paying for is your Satisfaction of Ownership .

Will you get $2k of personal satisfaction , and pride of ownership ? Not necessarily snark , personal satisfaction is a real thing , and because you Want one is a valid reason .

If you can afford the extra $ without jeopardizing the roof over your head , food on the table , and shoes on your children's feet , go for it , and enjoy . $2500 pistol is cheap compared to a motorcycle , ATV , bass boat , etc

For 99% plus of capabilities of self-defense , a large plethora of more or less similar sized & weight 9mm pistols will fulfill self defense needs for 1/4 the $ .
    What he said ...
    72e0b65b7229aa5fec00db29266823d5.gif

5cary

On the spreading edge of the butter knife.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2007
    Sykesville, MD
    One reason is their 'Heroes' program. For the CS that's a 15% discount. For the C2, P, etc it's 15% plus 3 additional mags (6 total) and an optics plate. From Stacatto only. It's quite a deal, but unavailable through a dealer (unfortunately).

gmharle

MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Millers, MD
    One reason is their 'Heroes' program. For the CS that's a 15% discount. For the C2, P, etc it's 15% plus 3 additional mags (6 total) and an optics plate. From Stacatto only. It's quite a deal, but unavailable through a dealer (unfortunately).
    Now that is a good reason!

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    I shot a P 2 weeks ago that my BIL bought. He got his CCW and went on a shopping spree. Bought 4 pistols and a shotgun to boot. 3 Sigs and a Staccato P plus MRDs for all of them. The P was exceptionally smooth and the fit was amazing. The slide was silky and the trigger was crisp. However I would much rather have 2 2011s that are half as much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom