• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rossiski

Dec 28, 2019
    Carroll County
    So Staccato just released their new pistol. 3.5” barrell carry pistol. Hefty msrp. They are not shipping till December and I’m sure it will take another month or so to get on the roster and make its way to MD Elite and other local stores. What does everyone think of it as a good carry gun? Is it worth the price for what you get? I tried to load the link but it didn’t work.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    I'm definitely interested, but it will depend on its size and weight. Unless it's significantly smaller than the C2, it's a no go for me. I love Staccato guns, but for me they're more appropriate for target shooting than for daily carry.

rossiski

Dec 28, 2019
    Carroll County
    I'm definitely interested, but it will depend on its size and weight. Unless it's significantly smaller than the C2, it's a no go for me. I love Staccato guns, but for me they're more appropriate for target shooting than for daily carry.
    Dimensions:

Length 7.1 X Grip Width 1.2 X Height 5.6 – Width At Safeties 1.45 – Weight 22.7oz w/o Optic, Empty – No Mag

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Dimensions:

Length 7.1 X Grip Width 1.2 X Height 5.6 – Width At Safeties 1.45 – Weight 22.7oz w/o Optic, Empty – No Mag
    Thanks for that. Looks like it's slightly smaller and lighter than a Wilson Combat EDC X9, and significantly smaller and lighter than the C2. I'm definitely interested.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    With an MSRP like that, bears querying: How long do you think it will be before you get it back, if you should actually have to perforate someone with it?
    if it saved your life, who really cares?
    This.

You will have much bigger issues to deal with. Probably more expensive, too.

All of these

Plan on not getting anything back within your lifetime , and be pleasantly surprised if / when you do .

For a piece with sentimental value , that is destined to be passed further down , this is an issue to take into account .

Purely as $$ issue , anything that saves your life was probably a worthwhile value to you .

IF you actually do care about the $ for replacement ( in the autoloader era) , carry a stock Glock . if you did s search for Ubitiquos . Functional , and Fungible . you would find a picture of a Glock 17 .

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Made me look .
    Pretty much a generic discussion of $$$ pistols .

For any vaguely practical purpose ( unless you are ranked in top 1% of particular shooting discipline , trying for top 0.1% ) what you are paying for is your Satisfaction of Ownership .

Will you get $2k of personal satisfaction , and pride of ownership ? Not necessarily snark , personal satisfaction is a real thing , and because you Want one is a valid reason .

If you can afford the extra $ without jeopardizing the roof over your head , food on the table , and shoes on your children's feet , go for it , and enjoy . $2500 pistol is cheap compared to a motorcycle , ATV , bass boat , etc

For 99% plus of capabilities of self-defense , a large plethora of more or less similar sized & weight 9mm pistols will fulfill self defense needs for 1/4 the $ .

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I'm eagerly waiting for Dan at MD Elite to get a few of the CS's in his shop. I bought a C2 from him and love the handgun. I took my MD/DC CCW class with it and scored a perfect 100% on the shooting portion of the class. I say this not to brag but to point out how accurately it shoots even in the hands of a someone like me who does not consider himself to be a champion shooter. I'm definitely interested in doing at least a visual/weight/feel comparison to the C2.

Cal68

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    I literally was about to hit the buy button on a C2 then I saw this. But as someone else posted up - and I know its a guesstime. But when can we actually see these available for sale here in MD?
    May

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    May

Thanks for the update Dan. You'll definitely see me in your shop at that time. But that assumes that your response meant "May 2023" and not you "May" see it. Sorry. I could not resist the pun knowing that this is Maryland!

Cal68 (aka Penn)

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    Thanks for the update Dan. You'll definitely see me in your shop at that time. But that assumes that your response meant "May 2023" and not you "May" see it. Sorry. I could not resist the pun knowing that this is Maryland!

Cal68 (aka Penn)
    I hope to see you before May. :)

Ray2kid

BANNED!!!
    Mar 6, 2023
    Gaithersburg
    So Staccato just released their new pistol. 3.5” barrell carry pistol. Hefty msrp. They are not shipping till December and I’m sure it will take another month or so to get on the roster and make its way to MD Elite and other local stores. What does everyone think of it as a good carry gun? Is it worth the price for what you get? I tried to load the link but it didn’t work.
    I own a Staccato C and I love it. Staccato is pricy, but worth the price. It's all American made(including the raw material) in Georgetown Tx, and Dawson precision makes their sights up the road, not too far from them. I am ordering a CS once it gets on Maryland's roster.
    Right now, it's on Handgun Roster Board Agenda scheduled for March 8(tomorrow). We should be able to order it by mid next month.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    I love my staccatos. Personal friend of mine built three for me. He now works for nighthawk…

Decisions … decisions…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom