• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Colt/Uzi mags are double stack double feed just like an AR15. You just shove rounds downwards into the top. They can be stripper clip fed too (though I'm not sure such a thing exists. (Edit:mtlcafan was posting same time as me. Looks like loaders do exist.)) All same as an AR.

Glock mags are double stack single feed. You have to do the whole push the upper round down and slide the new one in thing. Definitely slower.

Who unloads mags manually? :)
    Same with MP5 mags. Just push them straight downin

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Colt/Uzi mags are double stack double feed just like an AR15. You just shove rounds downwards into the top. They can be stripper clip fed too (though I'm not sure such a thing exists. (Edit:mtlcafan was posting same time as me. Looks like loaders do exist.)) All same as an AR.

Glock mags are double stack single feed. You have to do the whole push the upper round down and slide the new one in thing. Definitely slower.

Who unloads mags manually? :)
    I use one of these at comps. Pick up 10rds from a box, dump them in a GLOCK mag, can get 30 loaded in about 15 seconds.
    5e00352c94023e00246acfcf-large.jpg

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Some truly knowledgeable PCC shooters in the group. Cudos…your information is valuable.

50 gr 9mm is a 22 Mag class loading. Works on some pests, small game, 100 meter Silhouette steel rams with high hits…wouldn’t be my first choice for antipersonnel.

I tried to warm up to pistol caliber carbine. I had a couple. Sold them. I pick up a multigun match here and there and enjoy it…learning a bunch. Much of this is because I am a pistol shooter first, rifleman second. I personally see PCC’s primarily as a game tool. But that is because I prefer the pistol. Best I can hold onto are a couple carbine class semi auto 22’s…to include a Tipman M4-22. Nice gun.

Cannot help but admit e PCC is very fast and sure in the hands of a practiced, efficient shooter. Can’t argue ammo cost for practice using centerfire pcc.

My view on the whole PCC thing goes to my early shooting days and a 44 Magnum Ruger carbine. After doing chrono measurements, bullet drops, and accuracy observations, even with increased velocity, the carbine effectively got me another 25 yards of non-mortar trajectory. 125 to 150 yards of PBR. Not worth it. It was then I realized I need to use an adequate tool for the job. My centerfire carbines are either 223/5.56 or 300 BO.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    22LR, 9mm and even 45 ACP are just too much fun not to have for a range toy option. The fun multiplies when an SBR and/or suppressed. I think 45 and 9 can even be pressed into a HD role; although 5.56 might be more effective.

I am quite please with this 45 ACP radial-delayed blowback build that uses HK USC mags and sounds like an air gun. Just waiting on ATF to approve (8 months so far) so I can put a real stock on it. Has a tri lug adapter pinned and a VLTOR stock for OAL. The 9mm seem to benefit from a 16" barrel - so may or may not SBR those. IDK - maybe I'll keep my red-headed step child / round peg in a square hole Glock mag format build. ;)

sbr-45-aeroprecision.jpg

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I love 9mm carbines for the reasons given above. I have four. Some are SBR'd and others are AR9 pistols(until I leave Merrland). They are a breeze to shoot and super reliable. My main HD gun is a suppressed AR9 pistol. Short and maneuverable.
    Hey was it you that built the 9mm PCC that uses HK MP5 mags?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I would get a dedicated AR9 lower for HK style mags.
    I have one of each of these.

Just like MP5s, there is no last round bolt hold open.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Some truly knowledgeable PCC shooters in the group. Cudos…your information is valuable.

50 gr 9mm is a 22 Mag class loading. Works on some pests, small game, 100 meter Silhouette steel rams with high hits…wouldn’t be my first choice for antipersonnel.

I tried to warm up to pistol caliber carbine. I had a couple. Sold them. I pick up a multigun match here and there and enjoy it…learning a bunch. Much of this is because I am a pistol shooter first, rifleman second. I personally see PCC’s primarily as a game tool. But that is because I prefer the pistol. Best I can hold onto are a couple carbine class semi auto 22’s…to include a Tipman M4-22. Nice gun.

Cannot help but admit e PCC is very fast and sure in the hands of a practiced, efficient shooter. Can’t argue ammo cost for practice using centerfire pcc.

My view on the whole PCC thing goes to my early shooting days and a 44 Magnum Ruger carbine. After doing chrono measurements, bullet drops, and accuracy observations, even with increased velocity, the carbine effectively got me another 25 yards of non-mortar trajectory. 125 to 150 yards of PBR. Not worth it. It was then I realized I need to use an adequate tool for the job. My centerfire carbines are either 223/5.56 or 300 BO.
    I started out in IDPA before I went to USPSA and 3 gun. Have competed with handguns longer than other firearms. Thing is the PCC IMO adds to it instead of taking away from it. Having a kinda sorta rifle I can run drills on my handgun plate range has helped me quite a bit with target transitions on 3 gun rifle stages as it's really close in feel to my 3gun rifle in 5.56. Otherwise I'm stuck with a 22 conversion or 100yd+ paper and steel at my local range. Odd thing is the PCC also helps me in handgun comps, Running a drill or stage with PCC's better stability feels like a "perfect run" with a handgun, and has helped me adjust grip/stance and to push through a stage more agressively while training to follow a faster sight picture. It helped the most in steel challenge, and PCC more than anything helped me crack sub 3 second runs consistently on the faster stages with Limited class pistol. It's much easier to get sub 3 second times with the PCC, so when I ran the handgun it helped my brain and hands speed up, being it already did the run in that time on the PCC. That is all outside of the fact clearing a plate rack silly fast with a PCC is about as fun as shooting gets.

Received the Hiperfire PDI trigger and am extremely impressed. Can't wait to get it to the range.
    awesome, I LOVE the nice wide trigger shoe, part of the reason I'm not a fan of most others, they tend to have skinny shoes, and harder to control and ride the reset when firing fast. I am particular about triggers, have perhaps a dozen, but sold/traded or binned most in favor of a couple. Larue MBT2 for defense and range use, Timney Calvin Elite for rifle competition, and the PDI for ALL PCCs, it's not as crisp as the Timney CE, but is 100% reliable in every PCC I have tried it in.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    I don't know that this is a reason to buy a PCC versus a reason to buy a specific sort of PCC. The fact that you have a Glock doesn't mean you have to run out and buy a Glock-mag PCC. If you need a PCC anyways, I could see trying to capitalize on ammo and magazine commonalities - albeit to some extent this is a red herring, because you might be better off just buying the right PCC regardless of what mags it takes (ala the MPX).
    Or CZ scorpion. Their mags have been reliable for me. I actually have a few PCCs if you count pistols and not just the 16" barrel rule. I have one 16" rifle that takes Glock mags which is nice since I have several 33rounders and a 50rd drum in Glock. The pistols I have in 9mm AR platforms use Endo mags which I like as well. I got the ones with the LRHO and they work well. If I want to change to 556 etc in a standard AR platform I can. I have a 17 Design and MFG integrated folding stock lower on a 6.5" RDB CMMG 9mm upper. It's super compact when folded, easy to shoot and has been reliable for me. My Diamond Back 9mm PCC has been great after I polished the feed ramp in the barrel. I replaced the trigger, stock, CH handle, and upgraded the trigger. It runs. I had an Echo trigger on it before they were banned, it was so much fun in 9mm to run that thing.

mdjamesd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    Towson
    One of life's great decisions

Attachments

• 20220814_114946.jpg
      20220814_114946.jpg
      342.4 KB · Views: 37
    • 20220814_115004.jpg
      20220814_115004.jpg
      331.5 KB · Views: 40

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I have one of each of these.

Just like MP5s, there is no last round bolt hold open.
    Just what I need - yet another PCC. No, really :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom