So what purchases will you be unable to make before 10/1?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    At this point

PS90 and a Mini 14 folder.

Everything else............got covered but it will suck if something happens I need replacements. All the insurance in the world cant solve MD idocy.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    I would love to get a Springfield M1A but as one of my favorite IPs stated "I could get you a unicorn before I could get you one."

I just bought one from J&G sales. Used law enforcement 18 inch barrel and synthetic stock. It gets here Friday.

Price with shipping $1221.00

Already bought a walnut stock for $70.00

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I just bought one from J&G sales. Used law enforcement 18 inch barrel and synthetic stock. It gets here Friday.
    Me, too. Went for the Ultimak upgrade since it was cheap and I was planning on using the rifle scout/bush style (ie, not as a precision rifle). I heard the stocks are really beaten up, so good call on getting a newer walnut stock... I've got plans for an Vltor myself, maybe with an Eotech 552 XR308 riding along. That's definitely more like 2014/2015, though...

Honestly, it's looking like my "purchases I would like to make eventually but can't due to SB281" are going to devolve down to the AR-180B, AUG A3[1], and a Daewoo with 1:7 twist barrel. None of those are any great loss, maybe excepting the AUG.

Pretty much all of those qualms will go away if it turns out that SBRs are exempt, too.

[1] Still not really convinced this is a clone of the AUG on the list, especially when taking AR-15 mags... but OAL kills it anyways.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

janklow

Feb 6, 2013
    Honestly, it's looking like my "purchases I would like to make eventually but can't due to SB281" are going to devolve down to the AR-180B, AUG A3[1], and a Daewoo with 1:7 twist barrel. None of those are any great loss, maybe excepting the AUG.
    out of curiosity, why an AR-180B and not an AR-180? the magazines the issue?

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    I would love to get a Springfield M1A but as one of my favorite IPs stated "I could get you a unicorn before I could get you one."

LOL, I could get you one somewhere around the 29th, but it would be pricey... Mostly because I don't really want to sell it... However, everything has a price! :)

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    M1A and an AK47 just don't have the money for those.

Too many firearms, not enough money!! Let's hope somewhere down the road this POS legislation gets repealed. I know, wishful thinking!!

Stevearado

Oct 12, 2009
    St Mary's County
    I wanted to get a Nodak Spud retro lower a M16A1 clone, but they will not available until December. :( However, I got a of 80% lower coming that I will try to get reprofiled to A1 spec.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Garand
    M1 car
    Keltec ksg
    You'll be super-happy to hear that none of these are banned, or even currently regulated.

Also, the SPAS 12 is widely reputed to be a POS in actual functionality, so no big loss there.

Oh, and the M17S and F2000 should still be good to go post-ban, with the right barrel length.

WheelHead

Head of the wheel
    Dec 6, 2011
    Snow Hill
    You'll be super-happy to hear that none of these are banned, or even currently regulated.

Also, the SPAS 12 is widely reputed to be a POS in actual functionality, so no big loss there.

Oh, and the M17S and F2000 should still be good to go post-ban, with the right barrel length.

Scrap the Spas - check
    Buy the M14 - check
    Buy all the others after Oct 1 - chec

Texas2012

Jan 25, 2013
    Olney
    HK USP Tactical 45
    Ruger GP100
    Glock 21
    5x AR15s (stripped lower builds)
    Ruger Mk-III
    Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan .454
    Chiappa Rhino

Lucky for my collection I started saving for a new commuter car about a few years back...

janklow

Feb 6, 2013
    Correct. I don't have enough time in my life to deal with trying to mod AR-15 mags for a "real" AR-180...
    i hear you, but i am going to be honest, something about an AR-180 with a plastic receiver and a non-folding stock just seems ... wrong.

then again, i have an AR-180 in my "pending 2013 transfers" stack, so i figure to be spending 2014 screwing around with a sack of AR-15 magazines.

BBQMAN

Jul 3, 2013
    Freeland
    Is the 5.45 worth getting into at this point? I'm trying to decide between an AK74 or something else. The non-folder mini 14 will be 'ok' after Oct 1 right?

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Is the 5.45 worth getting into at this point? I'm trying to decide between an AK74 or something else.
    The price of 5.45x39 tracks 5.56x45. As 5.56x45 comes back down to normal prices, expect corresponding drops in 5.45x39. The very worst case scenario is that you wind up having to buy commercial ammo, which is not a big deal. If you wanted to hedge, get an AR-15 in 5.45x39. If it ever goes crazy, you can swap easily back to something else.

I have an AK-74, love it, and have no worries about future ammo availability.

The non-folder mini 14 will be 'ok' after Oct 1 right?
    Yep. And it only applies to the Mini-14 specifically anyways, and not the Mini-30; if Ruger were to ever get off their ass and release a "Mini-15" or "Mini-47" (which is what I'm waiting for), you'd only have to comply with the copycat laws (ie, no folding stock and flash hider together).

RRHemi

Mar 1, 2013
    Annapolis, MD
    The price of 5.45x39 tracks 5.56x45. As 5.56x45 comes back down to normal prices, expect corresponding drops in 5.45x39. The very worst case scenario is that you wind up having to buy commercial ammo, which is not a big deal. If you wanted to hedge, get an AR-15 in 5.45x39. If it ever goes crazy, you can swap easily back to something else.

I have an AK-74, love it, and have no worries about future ammo availability.

Yep. And it only applies to the Mini-14 specifically anyways, and not the Mini-30; if Ruger were to ever get off their ass and release a "Mini-15" or "Mini-47" (which is what I'm waiting for), you'd only have to comply with the copycat laws (ie, no folding stock and flash hider together).

Are you thinking a Mini-47 would be in .308? I would be into that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom