So what purchases will you be unable to make before 10/1?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RRHemi

Mar 1, 2013
    Annapolis, MD
    I am sure a lot of us are becoming frustrated because we realize our list may not get completely fulfilled before 10/1. Reasons including: budget constraints, wife's patience, unable to find, etc.

What guns are you ticked off that you will probably not be able to acquire before 10/1?

Sadly for me: :envy:

M1A/M14
    Smith and Wesson .357 Revolver (F an HQL)
    Glock 17 (F an HQL)
    Saiga 12(?)

Tman68

Jul 25, 2012
    Harford Co
    I wanted a AK 47, not looking like it will happen so I picked up 2 AR15 lowers as a compromise, and a Tavor.

Still kicking myself in the butt for passing on ak 47's years back when you could get a good one for under 500 easily.

Looks like that's all I will miss that I won't be able to get later minus handguns without all the b/s, but I am in no hurry to get a license and 10 round mags as standard issue!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    A new home in another state.

Isnt that the truth, if I had to pick two last priorities:

1. Tavor
    2. Mini-14 in A-team configuration

That said I may end up with neither due to sticker shock.

Oh well I am on a 3 year plan to exit this miserable state.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    A ton of different handguns (I also will not be getting the HQL). Really wanted to try out some XDs and M&P.

Spent most of my money of rifle items. Oh well, I’ll be making my future handguns from 80%s from now on so I am not too worried.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I am sure a lot of us are becoming frustrated because we realize our list may not get completely fulfilled before 10/1. Reasons including: budget constraints, wife's patience, unable to find, etc.

What guns are you ticked off that you will probably not be able to acquire before 10/1?

Sadly for me: :envy:

M1A/M14
    Smith and Wesson .357 Revolver (F an HQL)
    Glock 17 (F an HQL)
    Saiga 12(?)

1. Uzi 9mm
    2. Phased Plasma Rifle in the 40 watt range
    3. 12 gauge auto loader

My local shop (Engage Armament) tells me that number 2 above won't even be made AFTER 10/1 for like another few years probably because of Brian Frosh and this whole SB281 thing...

I'm going to take a wait and see approach as to the rest of the BS licensing and restrictions from SB281. Hopefully, one of the lawsuits that are planned after the implementation of SB281 will go somewhere and we can all continue to purchase modern sporting rifles in common use if it all gets struck down, or the courts go our way, with some luck.

2014 elections are also coming up so that should somewhat give pro-2A folks an opportunity to vote out some of the people especially damaging to our 2A rights through operation DINO and other modalities.

janklow

Feb 6, 2013
    a proper member of the G3 family, because a CETME is just not the same thing. don't see it happening at this point. everything else is a bit more rare.

JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    Probably a FAL, I don't think i will be able to swing it. I just picked up an IMI Uzi Model B and a Noveske lower, and getting ready to order an M1A. That will probably be all I can squeeze in, I'm putting off some home improvements to get these in time.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Surprisingly, not much in the way of a "miss list". I would have liked the option for a Daewoo or AR-180B down the line, but I'll live without them. Same goes for the AUG A3 w/ CQC rail... pretty gun, but the Tavor is enough for me.

Everything else, I bought: VEPR 54R, Sig 556R, SKS-M, Tavor, etc.

The one rifle I'd really like (and can easily afford) but I am unsure I will obtain is an Israeli-pattern FALO. I am a bit of an Israeli guns collector... I have 3/4 of the Israeli service rifles (Galil, AR-15, Tavor), and would like to make it 4/4. But I'm also not invested in .308 as a caliber, not to mention the FALO is hugely obsolete... bit of a hard sell.

EDIT: FALO purchase in progress ($1500 shipped w/ five mags, amazing shape - good deal), Glock 17 form 4 approved by wife. Pretty much at zero regrets now.

Last edited:

freddie

Mar 20, 2013
    Probably won't be able to get 357 magnum revolver and definitely not any more 1911'S.

I'm kind of a nut over 1911's (both pure 1911's and 1911's form factor) like others are over AR-15's. Two firearm platforms that offer mucho customization and industry parts/accessories support. Kind of like Ken and Barbie dolls for grown-ups.:D

But I still have 3 months to see what might come along.

I have some other caliber revolvers covered: 22lr, 22mag, 380, 45 long colt, 45 rim, 454, 460 Magnum, 410.

In semi only: 22lr, 9mm and 40 S&W

My last purchase today 1911 in 45ACP.

All long guns done - next year probably some Maryland friendly long guns.

I am sure after MD gets their act together on handguns after Oct.1 (who knows how long that will take), I see more 1911's and a 357 Magnum in my future.

I was speaking to a Maryland Trooper today and he classified Oct.1 as a big cluster f---. New process not complete, new forms not complete - he also noted that the FEDS are coming out with a new form next week.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Out of the banned long guns I'll have enough for one, and I plan to pick up an M1A. The ones I won't be able to get include:
    -SPAS-12
    -Tavor
    -FAL (I want an SA58 Para)

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    An AR... of any kind. A hand gun... of ANY kind.

I am so new to this... this law really screws me.

Buy yourself a stripped AR lower receiver for around $100 and build the rest when affordable. There are plenty of folks here that can help you out! :party29:

As for me:

Jericho 941 FS (First gen without rail)
    Glock 26
    G3/HK91 Variant

$3000 worth of firearms I cannot afford, lol

Feb 28, 2013
    M41A Pulse Rifle.....j/k.

I wanted a Galil, but no luck finding one, except from private sellers on Armslist and I ain't going that route again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom