So what purchases will you be unable to make before 10/1?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chriss

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I have simply been trying to buy a couple of Hi-point pistols(9mm & 45) as that's what I can afford. However, of the MD FFLs on the list releasing on time, several don't stock them and wont order, a couple just cant find them from their dist., one won't sell it (order it) because he claims its a substandard gun that can hurt his rep (not bitchin' just paraphrasing what I was told), one isn't taking new customers.

I want to buy local from an FFL IP with on time release so I can try and get both before Oct. I have avoided the FFLs with really high transfer fees as they break the budget.

I can get a very good deal on a Hi Points from a WV FFL and I want to transfer in at fair cost (Transfer, MSP, Fired Casing, and lock for $90 or less) and get an on time release. Not getting anywhere fast. Still looking but I am now asking FFL's 1 - 1/2 hours drive time.

Am I asking too much? Am I unreasonably frustrated? Suggestions? Or stop whining?

(sigh)

frdfandc

Fish It
    Aug 27, 2011
    Elkton, MD
    Trying to get the cash saved up for an AR lower. Was able to purchase a M1A Loaded and a Daniel Defense AR, but that pretty much wiped me out.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    Well I'm way over my gun budget for the year. Still want Ruger LCR 357, Glock 19/17, and an HK45c.

rauler

May 2, 2012
    Buy yourself a stripped AR lower receiver for around $100 and build the rest when affordable. There are plenty of folks here that can help you out! :party29:

I never thought about that, sounds like a good idea. Thanks! :thumbsup:

As for my wish list:
    Kel Tec RFB or
    Tavor
    I'd like to have a Ruger Mini-30, but as I understand I'd be able to purchase it or the Mini-14 after 10-1 as it's not a banned rifle.

Happy Independence Day! :patriot:

rauler

May 2, 2012
    I have simply been trying to buy a couple of Hi-point pistols(9mm & 45) as that's what I can afford. However, of the MD FFLs on the list releasing on time, several don't stock them and wont order, a couple just cant find them from their dist., one won't sell it (order it) because he claims its a substandard gun that can hurt his rep (not bitchin' just paraphrasing what I was told), one isn't taking new customers.

I want to buy local from an FFL IP with on time release so I can try and get both before Oct. I have avoided the FFLs with really high transfer fees as they break the budget.

I can get a very good deal on a Hi Points from a WV FFL and I want to transfer in at fair cost (Transfer, MSP, Fired Casing, and lock for $90 or less) and get an on time release. Not getting anywhere fast. Still looking but I am now asking FFL's 1 - 1/2 hours drive time.

Am I asking too much? Am I unreasonably frustrated? Suggestions? Or stop whining?

(sigh)
    Unfortunately Hi-point pistols get an unjustified bad rap. I have done my own research and have come to the conclusion that they are not bad or defective pistols, they are decent pistols. I once was told at a range (in GA) that also sold guns that they don't even allow them to be fired at their range. Most people that talk bad about them have not owned or fired one. They have a lifetime warranty and are american-made. I hope you find what you want.

Chriss

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Hey Rauler,

Thanks for the support. I am pleased to announce that, thanks to the world famous great folks at Bollinger Gunsmithing & Sales in Taneytown, I will be tranferring a Hi Point C9 9mm very soon and expect an on time release at a very fair price. Once that is completed I will arrange for a .45 version next.
    Understand I will gladly drive the 70 miles to do business with an IP who not only will accept my business, but did it gladly by e-mail on the 4th of July. That earns my loyalty, gasoline, and my meager dollars.:thumbsup: If they sold the same guns I would buy local from them.

I can't wait to get to a range with the C9. Haven't shot an auto 9 in 20 years.

What a great Holiday:party29:

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    KelTec RMR-30. Not because it will be banned or even regulated, but because I doubt it will even be released by then.

Other than that, a FNX-45 in FDE....I can't find one anywhere

Feb 28, 2013
    Hopefully the Republicans don't lose the House in the 2014 midterms. If they do the federal AWB may return.

BBQMAN

Jul 3, 2013
    Freeland
    I don't think I'm going to have any regrets...well, that I can think of now anyway. Planned purchases are: an AK (maybe a 74), and 2 AR lowers(future father/son build). Pretty much everything else I still want will be available after doomsday.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Would love to add a Sig to the collection before Oct...P229 or 226, or even a 2022 at this point.

Go to gunbroker and watch Ossage County guns. They post a crudload of Sigs.

You have to watch them as they do play games with shipping costs, insurance and they levy credit card fees (but they take personal checks with 10 day hold and they take every day even if it clears in one). They also jumble the prices.

HOWEVER, you can snag some really cheap sigs if you are careful and methodical in your bidding, as they list dozens of the same guns and if you miss pricepoint on the first you just wait for the next. For example in the last 3 weeks I have snagged a

Sig 226 Classic .22 for $467 shipped. (Wanted a second 226 for a custom build and already have slide kits for a variety of calibers, this is the cheap way to do it)

Sig 2022 .40 S&W with Night Sights $371 shipped and insurred (e.g., $330 bid, $25 shipping, plus some insurance). Cheapest on these is usually $399 without night sights, plus shipping. My 9mm 2022 is one of my favorite guns, hated it at first but its one of those handguns that grows on you with range time.

NY Transplant

Wabbit Season/Duck Season
    Apr 2, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    As for my wish list:
    Kel Tec RFB or
    Tavor
    I'd like to have a Ruger Mini-30, but as I understand I'd be able to purchase it or the Mini-14 after 10-1 as it's not a banned rifle.

Happy Independence Day! :patriot:
    Yes you wil be able to get the Mini-14 or 30 but what you will have a problem with is getting the 20 and 30 round magazines which you will only get legally if you go out of state. Until Oct. 1st, you can still get 20 rounders shipped to MD (if you can find them).

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Guys,

Seems a lot of you need to invest in some receivers rather than complete guns. Yes it might cost more to build in the future but you will be able to!

For example... M1A. Fulton Armory sells receivers for under $500. Buy it now, build it later. Now I have been searching for a high end LRB M14 semi receiver but if I can't make it work, Fulton it will be!

FAL receivers can be found on GB for $500 or so.

PTR makes a good receiver for the G3/CETME. Price at $250ish. I picked one up.

AK receivers are VERY cheap! Nodak Spud, OOW... all under $100 per receiver. Buy it now! I also think I saw Centerfire with some cheaper WASRs in stock...

You guys with the pistols on the list... well they are not banned. You will give over doing the paperwork eventually I bet.

For me I have bought 2 AR lowers, SPAS12, PTR Receiver... Still need a M14 Semi Receiver and a Retro XM16E1 AR15 Receiver from Nodak Spud if I can get them. The only real gun I am going to have to do without is a Light 50.... Just can't afford one and likely never would be able to anyway.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    I would love to get a Springfield M1A but as one of my favorite IPs stated "I could get you a unicorn before I could get you one."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom