• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    My son and I got two Norinco SKS' both in great shape. I wanted the chrome barrel and the ruski ones were all beat to crap. We love em.

My Norinco is a much older import that I bought 11 yrs ago for $125 however is in great shape (looks new) with no issues and looks nothing like these new imports. The newest condition SKS I've bought I would say is my 1960 Romanian (same profile as the Russians for the newer folks with chrome lined barrel) that was a block of cosmoline when I bought it a few years back. Metal and wood is all like new and probably unfired.

psoyring

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2010
    Brunswick MD
    This comes up on Gunboards from time to time, but no one has succeeded in gettting SVT-40s into the US from Canada, that is why they are $800 plus here and $300 in Canada. Certain firearms are not allowed to be imported here if of Russian origin, even if they go through Canada, think the SKS may be included in this group.

rdc

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2010
    Middlefingurton
    Has anyone bought one of these from AIM and shot it? Ive seen the pictures and read people's descriptions of the condition but haven't seen anyone mention how they function yet. I've been looking for a beater sks just to have as a shooter and ive been thinking about getting a winter project to restore/refinish. One of these might kill two birds with one stone.

Sev89

Dreams about cheese
    Nov 4, 2010
    Anatomy Park
    Has anyone bought one of these from AIM and shot it? Ive seen the pictures and read people's descriptions of the condition but haven't seen anyone mention how they function yet. I've been looking for a beater sks just to have as a shooter and ive been thinking about getting a winter project to restore/refinish. One of these might kill two birds with one stone.

Received mine from AIM yesterday. The stock has been beat to hell and back, and the metal has little finish. But the bore is a mirror with no pitting. Gas tube is in great shape too, and it's all matching. I'll be shooting it sometime sunday :D

gizzard

Oct 30, 2012
    hagerstown
    auction this fall had five sks, chinese and yugos, all brought 325 or better.some were rough. i have a really nice chinese i would part with.
    so far as an ak, don't know anyone who has one accurate enough to hit a mansize target at 100yds.an sks will keep all ten in a dinner plate offhand at 100.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates

Received mine from AIM yesterday. The stock has been beat to hell and back, and the metal has little finish. But the bore is a mirror with no pitting. Gas tube is in great shape too, and it's all matching. I'll be shooting it sometime sunday :D

Got mine today ... first year Chinese production, fairly low serial number (in first quarter of serial numbers for first year) def C&R. Like Sev's gun the stock is beat to hell, the action is definitely worn in, all matching. Probably won't shoot it until Christmas day or just after New Years.

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    what would an unissued Yugo SKS be worth? The damn thing looked brand new but I didnt get a chance to see the price and had to leave as I was pressed for time.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    what would an unissued Yugo SKS be worth? The damn thing looked brand new but I didnt get a chance to see the price and had to leave as I was pressed for time.

I saw three at the Silverado Gun Show in Frederick for $479 each. They did not sell by the time I left.

Shazam

Dec 20, 2012
    SOG is advertizing that they have a new batch of Type 56's coming in soon. "Nicer and cheaper" or something like that.

I think a lot of the SKS enthusiasts stocked up on the recent U Fix Em's so I don't know how big the demand will be among them. The general public seems to be slowing down in gun buying. Maybe some good SKS deals in the near future.

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    Yeah I know, havent been living under a rock or anything. I just still cant get used to SKS prices that high, or AKs for $1000+ either.

you and me both.

ive got a beautiful yugo 59/66 and a 59 as well, and yet a rough chinese SKS today costs more than i paid for both combined.

todays prices have me sorely temped to sell a lot of stuff, but knowing id never afford to get more stops me. what i could sell my k98's for today is staggering though, even my wasr AK i bought for $325 would sell in a heartbeat for double that, though because they will be banned later this year i wont be selling it, unless maybe i sell it to trade up to a better AK before the ban takes effect.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    SOG is advertizing that they have a new batch of Type 56's coming in soon. "Nicer and cheaper" or something like that.

I think a lot of the SKS enthusiasts stocked up on the recent U Fix Em's so I don't know how big the demand will be among them. The general public seems to be slowing down in gun buying. Maybe some good SKS deals in the near future.

That's interesting information. Got any more info on that?

Shazam

Dec 20, 2012
    in for answers.
    I saw a post about new inventory coming on the SKS board. Then looked at SOG's online site and sure enough "expected about June 1". It also says they have some cracked stock guns from the old inventory available.

Yes, prices are higher then yesteryear. But I don't see the surplus market ever returning to the way it was. How much were those K98's back in the day?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom