• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • R1125

Apr 11, 2013
    Frederick
    I do have an 2 airsoft spring fired pistosl, planning a co2 version soon for the boy. Using them to teach general saftey to all 3 of my kids.

I'll keep the .40 in mind, my only hesitation isn't just the amount of practice I would want to put through it (and I have no clue how to reload ammo, i'm a spender and spreader of brass). But also if its the only hand gun in the house, can the wife handle it? Guess I could always get the Glock 22lr conversion kit to train with and also use it get her used to operating the glock that way before having her fire the .40.

Try the handguns out first. If you can. You and wife. My wife doesn't like the recoil of the .40. But she can shoot a 9mm and it don't bother her as much as the .40 so I bought a G26 and G19 both in 9mm..
    She rather shoot the AR:D

Go and try and shoot the guns first you and the wife. Then make a choose which one it better for you both.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I do have an 2 airsoft spring fired pistosl, planning a co2 version soon for the boy. Using them to teach general saftey to all 3 of my kids.

I'll keep the .40 in mind, my only hesitation isn't just the amount of practice I would want to put through it (and I have no clue how to reload ammo, i'm a spender and spreader of brass). But also if its the only hand gun in the house, can the wife handle it? Guess I could always get the Glock 22lr conversion kit to train with and also use it get her used to operating the glock that way before having her fire the .40.

Good call. :thumbsup:

dgapilot

May 13, 2013
    Frederick County
    Started visiting Frederick in 1997, and moved here in 2001. Just in that short time I've seen a decline in certain areas. I live out in Johnsville and a few months ago someone stole the transmission for my motorhome out from under it (it wasn't installed yet). Never really worried about locking doors before. Check them twice for the last couple years. Hate to go to HD over on 40. Glad they put a Lowes on 26. Have to agree that the traffic in and around Frederick City has gotten out of hand.

Ranger Tom

Jan 28, 2013
    Woodsboro MD
    A friend lives in the Dearbought subdivision and says that Rt 26 rush hour traffic between 15 & 194 is just insane. I think it's pretty nuts even when it's NOT rush hour.

:lol: When we moved to the Woodsboro area the drive to Frederick (194 to 26 to Rt 15)was 15 minutes (14 miles), in 2007 time to Frederick was 35 minutes, I no longer travel through that corridor, urban planning my butt.

MDlocal

Jan 11, 2013
    Frederick
    Yesterday I was using the ATM at Capital One on the corner of Rt85 & Rt355. A homeless looking drunk comes up way too close to my side and asks for ride to the Econolodge (which happens to be on the opposite corner like he's asking for a ride to the other side of the intersection). First I tell him to back up (because he's within arm's reach and I'm not trying to get stabbed) and then tell him I'm not going that direction (it's quicker for him to cross the street than have me drive him plus I'm thinking he wants to rob me since I'm at an ATM). Next he says f*** you. I laughed and said f*** you too and have fun walking in the rain. What a scumbag town.

Bohlieve410

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2011
    It's becoming old town Gaithersburg one day at a time!

There's one block with a bail bonds office on it that always looks like a ********. Market street maybe, south street? It's nice, nice, nice, and then boom , then nice again.

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    I used to work at Morningstar Food. Fun stuff sitting on top of the poop tank on a weekend night watching the locals and police interact. Only place I ever worked where you had to lock your car inside a fence so it would stay intact.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV

There's one block with a bail bonds office on it that always looks like a ********. Market street maybe, south street? It's nice, nice, nice, and then boom , then nice again.

You mean right at the corner of Jefferson and South Streets, near the baseball field? If that is the bailbonds place you are talking about, you forgot the liquor store next to the bailbonds place.

psycosteve

Meme magic works!!!
    Sep 3, 2012
    Gentrfying the Hagersbush.

That is the corner Jefferson and south street , an open air crack market. DO NOT GO THERE, I repeat DO NOT GO THERE . This area is know for shootings , stabbings and the drugs that go with it . The area is a ******** during day light hours at night it becomes a potential war zone depending on who is beefing with who . I had to pick up a friend who lived in the area up for dart league who was dumber then a box of rocks but some how avoided getting shot . God must protect the foolish and the weak cause with his Dudley do right attitude and tendency to stick his nose where it did not belong even got on my nerves.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    That is the corner Jefferson and south street , an open air crack market. DO NOT GO THERE, I repeat DO NOT GO THERE . This area is know for shootings , stabbings and the drugs that go with it . The area is a ******** during day light hours at night it becomes a potential war zone depending on who is beefing with who . I had to pick up a friend who lived in the area up for dart league who was dumber then a box of rocks but some how avoided getting shot . God must protect the foolish and the weak cause with his Dudley do right attitude and tendency to stick his nose where it did not belong even got on my nerves.

****Oh man that place is absolutely scary even during the day. You can see drug dealers plying their trade with no care of being seen. Even when cops drive by these guys just keep doing what they are doing - not a care in the world.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    ****Oh man that place is absolutely scary even during the day. You can see drug dealers plying their trade with no care of being seen. Even when cops drive by these guys just keep doing what they are doing - not a care in the world.

The FPD, for the most part is a bunch of lazy a*******, that tend to do duty outside the bars on Market, pulling duty out on Golden Mile/Key Parkway, or run speed traps out in the middle of no where. Not once have I ever seen/heard of FPD do anything about South and Jefferson, Sagner, well Section 8 in general, the area where X-Hale used to be, etc... It is pretty pathetic that their priorities are focused on doing the petty stuff, while allowing the more insane things to go on.

^^^Not LEO bashing, just expressing my distaste for Frederick PD and the idiot chief of police for the city, that parroted his support for SB281.

Kmac52

Apr 22, 2013
    Frederick, MD
    Hey now, I used to actually walk there with my GF at night for a 6'er :D. It was always an adventure.

Im with Daemon, you are a brave soul Snally. I've lived in Fred most of my life and I always felt uneasy about that corner. Its probably the only convenience store I've never stopped in. I took my kids to Rita's the other day and still had my head on swivel.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Im with Daemon, you are a brave soul Snally. I've lived in Fred most of my life and I always felt uneasy about that corner. Its probably the only convenience store I've never stopped in. I took my kids to Rita's the other day and still had my head on swivel.

Frederick used to be a moderately chill place to live. Yes, there were problems, but most of the problems that we have now are because of the rapid expansion/growth over the past 10-15 years. When we moved to Frederick in 92, it was rare to hear of major drug busts or gang problems. Most of the time it was problems with idiots at X-hale or in Section 8 housing, but it was all localized to specific areas. These days it is getting much worst and the city Aldermen are in flat out denial. If they would get their heads out of their tailpipes and walk into some of those areas, I can guarantee that they would take action, especially if they were threatened in any way. But then again with Karen Young in there, I doubt anything would happen. The real problem lies in the fact that they still see Frederick in the same light they did 30+ years ago. They want to annex part of the county into the city, but they make no changes to the infrastructure, nor the staffing of LEO's/EMS. All they do is allow the city government to become more and more bloated and excessive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom