• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    I lived on the southside of town (near Bentz and South St.). The shootings and open air drug market, combined with a total lack of response from the FPD, IS the reason I became interested in firearms. After about the 6th shooting I decided I better become pro-2A :party29:

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I lived on the southside of town (near Bentz and South St.). The shootings and open air drug market, combined with a total lack of response from the FPD, IS the reason I became interested in firearms. After about the 6th shooting I decided I better become pro-2A :party29:

For the love of god, tell me you don't still live there.

Also, didn't you know that anything south of Griff's, north of 4th street, west of the courthouse, and east of the post office, the city doesn't give a flying you know what about?

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    So if MoM legalized it (and taxed it) we could clean it up? :innocent0

Not necessary. SB281 fixed the problem. No more straw purchases, no more AR15's, and handgun purchasers must be fingerprinted, trained, and licensed.

Presto! Problem solved!!

Here, have a sip of Kool Aid.

Calengor

wishes he were spike
    Apr 13, 2009
    Frederick, MD
    For the love of god, tell me you don't still live there.

Also, didn't you know that anything south of Griff's, north of 4th street, west of the courthouse, and east of the post office, the city doesn't give a flying you know what about?

I currently live very close to there. I have not seen any drug dealing in the 4 years I've been here. There was a shooting directly in front of my house about 2 years ago and another shooting down the street about 3 years ago. I don't find this area to be that bad really. The nonsense mostly happens to people who are involved in nonsense.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    So if MoM legalized it (and taxed it) we could clean it up? :innocent0

That depends on if the DEA/ATF/FBI ever stop staking out Sagner. If you know what to look for, the place is crawling with feds of some sort or another. Sager is know to be one of the few places in Frederick that has a massive amount of drug traffic. I'm betting that 75% of all the illegal narcotics in Frederick city move through Sagner at least once, before getting to the end user.

Personally Sagner is an eyesore on the east side of Frederick and should be removed, and the people relocated. Now that they have easy access to the bus station/MARC trains, you know full well that the ease of trafficking drugs out of DC/MoCo and into Frederick was made a heck of a lot easier for them.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Not necessary. SB281 fixed the problem. No more straw purchases, no more AR15's, and handgun purchasers must be fingerprinted, trained, and licensed.

Presto! Problem solved!!

Here, have a sip of Kool Aid.

You owe my employer a new monitor an keyboard for that one. I laughed so hard, I spit Mountain Dew all over the desk. If you could send me some paper towels to clean up the mess, we'll call it even. :lol2:

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I currently live very close to there. I have not seen any drug dealing in the 4 years I've been here. There was a shooting directly in front of my house about 2 years ago and another shooting down the street about 3 years ago. I don't find this area to be that bad really. The nonsense mostly happens to people who are involved in nonsense.

No offense intended by this, but do you actually know what to look for? Hell, I drive down West South Street doing 25-30 and I can see multiple deals going down, from Bentz, all the way to Market. Easiest thing to tell that a deal is going down, is a group of guys standing around shaking hands, or if one "accidentally" drops a paper bag from the corner store and another dude picks it up. I drive down that road enough and you can tell who is a dealer and who is a buyer by how they act. The ones that look like they own the block are the dealers, yet those who slink up to those guys are the buyers.

Back when I was in college (10-12 years ago and clean since I left college 10 years ago), I learned all the tricks of the trade as a buyer. As such I am not as innocent when it comes to actions that wouldn't seem out of the ordinary on the street, if you didn't know what you were seeing.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I live over near TJ, off 16th street and the FPD is in my neighborhood every damn day. I don't know what is going on in FTV, but the cops are always here.

IIRC, they moved some of the Section 8 residents over that way, after Hanson was torn down. They had no where else to go, because the residents of Whittier petitioned the city, not to move the residents into their community due to the higher crime rate they would bring. I'm sorry that you have those issues, but keep your eyes peeled whenever you are outside. Don't wear blue or red clothes, because you can be mistaken for something you are not. Most of the people that live in Section 8 are decent folks caught up in a bad spot in their life. The ones you have to watch out for are the ones that make it a life long career to stay in Section 8 and never leave. If you know what to look for you can tell who is carrying and who is not.

Keep your head down and get out as soon as you can. If you are looking for houses, there are quite a few that ore up for sale on the east side of Frederick (in the county), that are in decent neighborhoods. If you want some neighborhoods to start you search with, feel free to ask. You never know, you might find a house that is right down the street from me! God knows we need more firearm owners on the ease side to balance out the growth of liberalism, that is invading the area.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    It's not just the city. Its the whole county...

Once you get out of the city and the area in Walkersville known as Discovery (across from the Sheetz on 194), you will find that your statements is not as true as it seems on the surface. In the county, the crime rate is much lower that in the city if you look at the statistics/police reports. The Frederick/Walkersville area has been built up so much it is beginning to look like MoCo.

Calengor

wishes he were spike
    Apr 13, 2009
    Frederick, MD
    No offense intended by this, but do you actually know what to look for? Hell, I drive down West South Street doing 25-30 and I can see multiple deals going down, from Bentz, all the way to Market. Easiest thing to tell that a deal is going down, is a group of guys standing around shaking hands, or if one "accidentally" drops a paper bag from the corner store and another dude picks it up. I drive down that road enough and you can tell who is a dealer and who is a buyer by how they act. The ones that look like they own the block are the dealers, yet those who slink up to those guys are the buyers.

Back when I was in college (10-12 years ago and clean since I left college 10 years ago), I learned all the tricks of the trade as a buyer. As such I am not as innocent when it comes to actions that wouldn't seem out of the ordinary on the street, if you didn't know what you were seeing.

Further down W. South, west of Bentz, you see this all the time, also occasionally by the one apartment building at the corner of South and Court. I guess I should have been more specific in saying that I have not seen drug deals on my section of the street. Also, W. All Saints street is (for me) a no-go after 10pm.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Further down W. South, west of Bentz, you see this all the time, also occasionally by the one apartment building at the corner of South and Court. I guess I should have been more specific in saying that I have not seen drug deals on my section of the street. Also, W. All Saints street is (for me) a no-go after 10pm.

I wouldn't be on All Saints Street during the day! :lol2:

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Damn, and I used to walk all over Frederick when I was stationed there back in '89-'90.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom