• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    And likes to use a lot of big words. Gee, isn't he smart!

I suspect his sesquipedalian style is the result of a use of a thesaurus rather than sagaciousness.

And we don't cotton to that around here.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I hope they put my reply up. Many around here still enjoy our rural nature country sky, private roads and back yard shooting ranges and deer stands.

Your white trash lifestyle is just an impediment to the author and his friends living his ideal bucolic dream of moving to a country estate where they can impose their vision on you through ordinances and covenants so their delicate senses aren't befouled by un-landscaped grounds, fertilizer and other animals smells, or vehicles that burn nasty fossil fuels and can carry more than one sack of organic produce in a re-usable hemp bag from Whole Foods.

Outerlimits

Feb 21, 2009
    Port Tobacco/Cape Coral Fl
    The upside to the celebration of Second Amendment rights is, of course, the appearance on the dinner table at Chez Davis of venison, a portion of which we claim as part of our contract with the trusty fellows who rent our land for hunting.

The author of the piece is Joel Davis, he writes weekly for the Independent. Usually he writes about his dogs, or some other outdoor related feature. Not sure what his point is this week. I also am confused. The quote above would appear that, they rent their land to hunters, and get a portion of the kill. Maybe a "tough in cheek article"? Or maybe my Chuck county education won't let me grasp his thought process.

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    Jack ass. Pure and simple every year we get an article or two in the local rags about the nasty duck hunters daring to shoot evil guns out on the river!
    These are normally written by some yuppy who just bought a home on the river and was shocked that people hunt duck on there river!!!!

southern71

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 23, 2012
    We should all send mail to this Joel Davis character written in our best redneck anglish! Anyone got his address or should it go to the Independent c/o him?

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Shotgun season does raise concerns when you live smack in the middle of a buch of woods,corn and soybean fields. There are numbnuts,poachers,spotlighters and people with no sense whatsoever mixed in with the vast majority of safe hunters. Like I said earlier nobody goes out without blaze orange and I tell the kids to stay away from the swamp where Mr Blaster "hunts". Unfortunately there are a few in every bunch and we have accident stats to show for them. If everybody does their part weather it is you and your kids,dogs etc wearing orange or being aware of your target and what is beyond it then you have minimized your chances of anything bad happening.

Vince55

Vince55
    Aug 10, 2010
    Lusby, Md
    Typical. Typical of Maryland. Try coming out by my farm in NC anytime between Sep and Feb. We use rifles and I can promise you will hear shots all around every minute or so starting about 45 mins before dark. Between my buddies and I hunting deer, squirrel, duck, dove, coyote, rabbit and a slew of other critters you can bet your candy ass we make a lot of noise! Noone has ever complained and many ask to come out with us. If you don't like the sound of a gun then move to Canada or France. I hear they are more your style.
    Sounds good, I mean the hunting. I plan to retire in NC. Going to start looking for some land very soon.

phipp13

May 20, 2011
    Point Lookout MD
    If the guy does'nt like the sounds of country living then move back to the city. Just like some people that move near NAS Oceana VA. (The East Coast Master Jet Fighter Base) Then they have the stones to complain about jet noise. Some people are not happy unless they're complaining. my 2 cents. V/R Phipp

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Can't make it past the first sentence, which no doubt sets the tone for an ignorant, wild-eyed, lunatic-fringe rant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom