• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sportstud4891

Resident SMIB
    Jun 7, 2011
    Chuck County
    http://www.somdnews.com/article/20121207/NEWS/712079521/1055/shotgun-hunting-brings-whiff-of-fear-to-farm&template=southernMaryland

So this is what written in the Independent. What are your thoughts?

Personally I think this is definately a jab at hunting and the second amendment in general. However, it seems like the author tried to disguise it by giving the article a pleasant and light tone. Definately something we need to refute and let the independent know is unacceptable.

I particularly like this line:

"Someone nearby has a fully automatic rifle that sounds off every few months, adding a certain perilous verisimilitude to the usual fall Gaza Strip ambiance."

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    http://www.somdnews.com/article/20121207/NEWS/712079521/1055/shotgun-hunting-brings-whiff-of-fear-to-farm&template=southernMaryland

So this is what written in the Independent. What are your thoughts?

Personally I think this is definately a jab at hunting and the second amendment in general. However, it seems like the author tried to disguise it by giving the article a pleasant and light tone. Definately something we need to refute and let the independent know is unacceptable.

I particularly like this line:

"Someone nearby has a fully automatic rifle that sounds off every few months, adding a certain perilous verisimilitude to the usual fall Gaza Strip ambiance."
    That last part is probably about me when Epps comes over.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    I must say I get a little concerned too. The hunt club area down by the swamp has one numbnuts that several times during a day will let 7 shots fly followed by another 7 a minute or so later. I was hoping there was a comments section where I could apologise for any disturbance and reassure her that the local police last time determined we were being safe and let us continue with the thousands of rounds we had left for all the other stuff. We were out of belts for the 30cal by then anyway.

Sportstud4891

Resident SMIB
    Jun 7, 2011
    Chuck County
    I must say I get a little concerned too. The hunt club area down by the swamp has one numbnuts that several times during a day will let 7 shots fly followed by another 7 a minute or so later.

But he's probably not deer hunting then. Could be squirrel, rabbit, crow or anything. But regardless to compare it to a war is ridiculous. Another quote right out of the first paragraph.

exuberant spree of gunfire that sounds like live reporting from the Middle East.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    But he's probably not deer hunting then. Could be squirrel, rabbit, crow or anything. But regardless to compare it to a war is ridiculous. Another quote right out of the first paragraph.

No. That is only during firearms season. Nobody leaves the house around here without blaze orange this time of year.

Sportstud4891

Resident SMIB
    Jun 7, 2011
    Chuck County
    Alright, well then maybe it's just me, but I've never been fearful and I just thought this article was out of line. I grew up here though and it's nothing new unlike for some of these city dwellers that want to move to the country area. Firearms season happens every year. I guess I don't see any difference in people shotgun hunting for deer, small game, waterfowl or simply just target shooting. The noise of a gun doesn't scare me.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Alright, well then maybe it's just me, but I've never been fearful and I just thought this article was out of line. I grew up here though and it's nothing new unlike for some of these city dwellers that want to move to the country area. Firearms season happens every year. I guess I don't see any difference in people shotgun hunting for deer, small game, waterfowl or simply just target shooting. The noise of a gun doesn't scare me.

Noise does'nt scare me either it's the slugs. Most of the shots I hear during the season are singles or doubles but there must be one guy in the same place every year that worries me. Of course living this close blaze orange is a good idea anyway.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    That's funny. Comparing shotgun hunting to a military war.... that's hilarious. I see an authors name and there might be reason for that.

I wonder if this is another annual attempt by that ding dong Steven Brennen in Waldorf. We all get a good chuckle from that guy. It's like we set around for 12 months waiting for his next really bad anti-hunting jabs.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    Anonymous author is an ignorant d-bag, although, if flock of ducks comes in, you'll hear a LOT of shots coming from our blind.

I'm hoping to unleash an "exuberant spree of gunfire" on some Canada's next week.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    After deer season I will have to see if we can round up some more belts for Epps 1919. If I was'nt going out for deer in the morning I would do a quick BAR magdump right now for laughs.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    That's not writing, its masturbation by keyboard.

I wouldn't worry much about it being in print, I think most people are like Sideways and gave up before becoming nauseated.

southern71

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 23, 2012
    Typical. Typical of Maryland. Try coming out by my farm in NC anytime between Sep and Feb. We use rifles and I can promise you will hear shots all around every minute or so starting about 45 mins before dark. Between my buddies and I hunting deer, squirrel, duck, dove, coyote, rabbit and a slew of other critters you can bet your candy ass we make a lot of noise! Noone has ever complained and many ask to come out with us. If you don't like the sound of a gun then move to Canada or France. I hear they are more your style.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    I just emailed a response to the MD Independant apologising for any disturbances and hoping for understanding and how wonderfull it is to live where we can ride,hunt and safely enjoy recreational shooting every now and again.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Grey Poupon spreading, Pruis driving, Birkenstock wearing, White Zinfandel swilling, pompous ass. Move back to Bethesda.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Grey Poupon spreading, Pruis driving, Birkenstock wearing, White Zinfandel swilling, pompous ass. Move back to Bethesda.

And likes to use a lot of big words. Gee, isn't he smart! Is this a rural paper? Who's he writing for(audience)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom