• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    I would not consider putting it before the RSSOP... They would just add another rule to their range rules booklet "dealing" it. I have a feeling you may be one of the members but my interaction with the RSSOP has not yielded good results and I will leave it at that.

No, I would not bring it before the trustees either (That said being a trustee of my non-voting club now and a past voting trustee of another club for years). What would he do, make a motion to allow him to do something that he is allowed to do....? Now maybe you are talking about my pumpkin shoot as an event... well then I would only bring it to the trustees, if I need range rules suspended for it.

There is nothing in the range rules (current or proposed) that would stop you from shooting Melons so long as you clean up behind yourself. You don't need permission from the Trustees or the RSSOP to do something allowed under current range rules. Just go do it. Have a copy of the Range rules with you and if anyone give you crap, ask them to show which range rule you are breaking! I know it gets a bit old reading the pages of range rules we have but so long as you are no breaking one, you are fine.

I will be there with my Maxim Machine gun Sunday 1-6pm. It will be hard to miss me. Bring a Melon and a stand to shoot it on. Bring some non-reloaded 7.62x54r (corrosive is fine) and I will let you take some rounds shooting your Melon with my MG. The ROs are all good guys and if they or anyone else has an issue, I will deal with them.

I like the AGC to be a place people go to enjoy shooting, all safe shooting. So if anyone is worried about doing something like this that does not break the range rules, I will be happy to help out. I like for people to be able to come to the AGC, have fun and not get hassled. The AGC ROs and I have a great working relationship and I will be happy to be the Guinea pig.

My favorite range rules are rule 16 followed by rule 15 in talking about this subject.

Resetting pumpkins
    Talk to me face to face
    I have an idea but do not want to share in an open form

Once again IMBLITZVT you know were to find me for face to face heated chats on this subject.

mtlcafan79

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2008
    PG
    If you are interested in getting into FA, We have a qualification where you get to shoot a Tommy gun. Then you are welcome to shoot FA with us and we can help you get into a gun. Oh and if you own more than 6 non-cheap guns, yes you can afford it and we can show you how. Non of us are rich! Details in the sticky in the NFA forum of MDshooters.

Is there ever a chance of a weekend qual? I have a friend with a bunch of fun switch toys and we'd love to come up there, but Fridays just won't work.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    My favorite range rules are rule 16 followed by rule 15 in talking about this subject.

Resetting pumpkins
    Talk to me face to face
    I have an idea but do not want to share in an open form

Once again IMBLITZVT you know were to find me for face to face heated chats on this subject.

Oh that is you... forgot that. Yes one day we are going to see RSSOP members shooting and we are going to shoot in the lanes next to them. Then we will complain about them and get you to move them... lets see how they like it!

No problem, email me phiteshe@vt.edu

Is there ever a chance of a weekend qual? I have a friend with a bunch of fun switch toys and we'd love to come up there, but Fridays just won't work.

Sorry, qualifications were last friday. Please send calendar listed on AGC website or in the stickies of the FA forum on MDshooters. Or you can email me and I will add you to our email list! You are still welcome to come out and see us!

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Melons.jpg

Sorry....couldn't help myself..

You are supposed to knockon them to see if ripe or not. :)

So THAT'S why they are called knockers.:D:innocent0

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    ...and I will be at AGC this weekend, melons in hand.

...take that however you'd like.

Is this an open invitation?
    I don't have a watermelon, but I do have 7.63x54r ammo!;)

It was nice to see both of you this weekend! We shot the crap out of some melons!

After the first Melon shoot!
    Melons.jpg

We all went out and ate what we killed. Watermelon in the middle of the day was good!

dead Melon.jpg

I will add some video later!

DSC01853.jpg

molonlabe

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2005
    Mountaineer Country, WV
    I miss my club in Wisconsin. I took a mellon out there to shoot with My 44 to show my wife (200jr JHP behind 28 gr of 296 with a magnum primer) There were few pieces left to even eat. I remember shooting a golf ball with my AR once and it launched it about 20 yards. There was just a little mark on it and it never penetrated. Fun stuff.

defygravity

May 5, 2012
    Baltimore County
    It was nice to see both of you this weekend! We shot the crap out of some melons!

After the first Melon shoot!
    View attachment 89630

We all went out and ate what we killed. Watermelon in the middle of the day was good!

View attachment 89629

I will add some video later!

View attachment 89628

It was nice to see/meet you as well!

It was a true privilege to shoot your Maxim, what a piece of history!

You machine gunners have certainly won me over....look forward to meeting up with you guys next time!

And the melon was delicious!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    It was nice to see you as well, Thanks again!

Here is your video clip:

It was nice to see/meet you as well!

It was a true privilege to shoot your Maxim, what a piece of history!

You machine gunners have certainly won me over....look forward to meeting up with you guys next time!

And the melon was delicious!

And here is yours.

And me missing a lot!

And getting a few hits. However I never got any really good video of the few hits that blew the crap out of the fruit.

None of the video really shows faces but if either of you too need the footage blurred, let me know, I can do that or pull the video.

I will post some more video in the NFA section later.

defygravity

May 5, 2012
    Baltimore County
    In examining the target stand post-mortem, a number of rounds hit the 2x4' uprights...dead center...and went straight through the back without breaking the wood into pieces. I was surprised at it's durability!

I don't have the "plans" per se, but if anyone's interested in shooting melons/other produce, I can send you a drawing of what I used.

I believe one round went through a cantaloupe and actually struck the 5" nail keeping it on the post, taking the nail, lope, and wood with it. Remarkable shot! I have a picture of the nail somewhere...as well as some pictures I took of that day. I'll post them when I finally get the chance to edit them down a bit.

And thanks for posting the video!!

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    DSC lets me shoot TVs, bread makers, pots and pans, stuffed animals, pretty much anything I find at the local salvation army.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom