• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • defygravity

May 5, 2012
    Baltimore County
    Haven't seen it done before, and I was wondering....

I was thinking either the shotgun patterning area or near the berm of the 200m range. I'd clean up the mess.

Thoughts?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

ProShooter

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2008
    Richmond, Va
    Melons.jpg

Sorry....couldn't help myself..

Johnthetoolguy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2009
    Pasadena
    I was a member there back in the 80's. At that time you could only shoot paper targets. Nothing else. no bottles, no cans, no plastic, nothing else.

tball

Ultimate Member
    May 20, 2010
    St. Augustine, Florida
    Always check with the RSO ahead of time. If you call the AGC number, one of the RSOs usually answers the call. If you get permission first, you might want to put some plastic down first to catch the mess. I don't think there is any doubt that the round would pass through the target.

Rumnhammer

Mar 2, 2013
    elevate

I would think that you would need some way of elevating them too. Its a general rule that you cannot place objects on the berm to shoot at the AGC.

Perhaps if you make some type of tall platform to shoot them off of so the round does not impact the ground behind the target, you might be able to do it. Again probably a good idea to check with the RSO before doing anything.

defygravity

May 5, 2012
    Baltimore County
    Always check with the RSO ahead of time. If you call the AGC number, one of the RSOs usually answers the call. If you get permission first, you might want to put some plastic down first to catch the mess. I don't think there is any doubt that the round would pass through the target.

I was thinking 00 buckshot/ 7.62x54r.

They'll pass through.

defygravity

May 5, 2012
    Baltimore County
    I would think that you would need some way of elevating them too. Its a general rule that you cannot place objects on the berm to shoot at the AGC.

Perhaps if you make some type of tall platform to shoot them off of so the round does not impact the ground behind the target, you might be able to do it. Again probably a good idea to check with the RSO before doing anything.

They don't have these rules on the eastern shore.

Alas: when in Rome....

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    At AGC......doubt it. They can be cranky. Where are you located and do you have anything cool/unusual in your collection? I may be able to help you.

defygravity

May 5, 2012
    Baltimore County
    At AGC......doubt it. They can be cranky. Where are you located and do you have anything cool/unusual in your collection? I may be able to help you.

Just getting started, so nothing really cool or unusual. I have a Mauser m48 and a hex 91/30....other than that just your run of the mill pistol and shotgun stuff.

I like the find on biodegradable! I hope he answers me. I sent him a PM.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    It would be cool, but I sure would not want melon juice on my target frames that go into my hot car. It would stink eventually.

I was told Delmarva Clays allows fruit on the hill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom