• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • splatoid

Aug 27, 2023
    Vancouver Wa.
    Hell last time I went I was shooting my 38 special at 20 yards and I couldn't for the life of me tell where the hell my slugs were going.
    This is one of those pistoles with fixed sites. I'm thinking I need to bring it to the shop. Or have my eyes checked.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Hell last time I went I was shooting my 38 special at 20 yards and I couldn't for the life of me tell where the hell my slugs were going.
    This is one of those pistoles with fixed sites. I'm thinking I need to bring it to the shop. Or have my eyes checked.
    Twenty yards with a SD pistol is minute of man range.

chuckinnj

Jan 8, 2023
    New Jersey
    IMG_1111.jpeg

Gun4Fun

Jan 22, 2023
    Washington DC
    Definitely shooting predominately to the left . Maybe adjust sights, but from the 'grouping' it'd be hard to tell.
    The targets on the right side are safe (except a nick in #7)
    At least they are at the range 'practicing'. They might get better...
    It looks like they anticipating recoil and or janking the trigger. They would benefit from some dry fire practice and sirt gun practice.

twenty5mafia

MDS Supporter
    May 27, 2023
    Baltimore
    Just venting....
    Went to Cindy's today. Lane next to me.
    If you are shooting shit like this at 5 yards, save your money, ammo, pack up and just go home.
    These 2 guys must have had 10 pistols between them.
    Yeah. This was representative of 8 out of 10 lanes.

Rant over! Enjoy your weekend!

4d792d41197986c3ada398605108a9d7.jpg
    There was a guy and his kids at Guntry last weekend, he brought a semi auto shotgun onto the 100 yard range and starts racking off rounds... RSO comes straight out, at this point the rest of us are now watching this unfold... The guy was shooting this shotgun without sights - no red dot, no irons, nothing - and was hitting the ceiling. The RSO had to tell him several times that he needs sights to use the range because he is hitting the ceiling. Terrific

Crosseye Dominant

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2018
    There was a guy and his kids at Guntry last weekend, he brought a semi auto shotgun onto the 100 yard range and starts racking off rounds... RSO comes straight out, at this point the rest of us are now watching this unfold... The guy was shooting this shotgun without sights - no red dot, no irons, nothing - and was hitting the ceiling. The RSO had to tell him several times that he needs sights to use the range because he is hitting the ceiling. Terrific
    He was just following instructions. Biden said buy a double barreled shotgun and shoot both barrels in the air, so by extension if you have a semi auto scattergun you gotta empty the whole mag/tube in the air.

Robj

Mar 31, 2013
    Just venting....
    If you are shooting shit like this at 5 yards, save your money, ammo, pack up and just go home.

What’s the point of this rant were they shooting in an unsafe manner? Or was it not to your standards. My take on it is unless they were shooting in an unsafe manner mind your business. Hey maybe say hey can I give you a pointer if you are such a better shooter. Point is you don’t know what they were doing blowing steam getting rid of old ammo. Or one was just learning. There is no point at this. Do better. This does. To promote anything to the sport or safety of shooting.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    What’s the point of this rant were they shooting in an unsafe manner? Or was it not to your standards. My take on it is unless they were shooting in an unsafe manner mind your business. Hey maybe say hey can I give you a pointer if you are such a better shooter. Point is you don’t know what they were doing blowing steam getting rid of old ammo. Or one was just learning. There is no point at this. Do better. This does. To promote anything to the sport or safety of shooting.
    What's the point to any rant? :shrug: Or maybe the point was that he was just venting. Who could know? :rolleyes:

Worsley

I apologize for hurting your feelings!
    Jan 5, 2022
    Westminster
    Just venting....

They could be practicing the gun vise theory.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    It's frustrating to work to be good at something because you feel it us important, and then see other people suck at that something with seemingly no motivation or knowledge how to improve... especially with guns.

Being unskilled with guns could lead to your death if you're just outmatched by a threat, or other innocent death/harm if your shots land where they aren't supposed to. It seems like a moral thing to purposely work towards a baseline of proficiency with a goal of continuous improvement.

Screenshot_20231129_100230_Gallery.jpg

minux

Jun 19, 2023
    HoCo
    Was he shooting with his eyes closed or something?

BTW, how is Guntry? Is it about the same as Cindy's?

I am a member of Meade G&R, but I have to make it out to one of their range days.

twenty5mafia

MDS Supporter
    May 27, 2023
    Baltimore
    Was he shooting with his eyes closed or something?

BTW, how is Guntry? Is it about the same as Cindy's?

I am a member of Meade G&R, but I have to make it out to one of their range days.
    As a member of Guntry it’s pretty great. Cindy’s I felt cramped and there’s so many people in a small space. Guntry has massive slots and there’s never a crowded space. Just felt way better than Cindy’s. In my opinion

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    It's frustrating to work to be good at something because you feel it us important, and then see other people suck at that something with seemingly no motivation or knowledge how to improve... especially with guns.

Being unskilled with guns could lead to your death if you're just outmatched by a threat, or other innocent death/harm if your shots land where they aren't supposed to. It seems like a moral thing to purposely work towards a baseline of proficiency with a goal of continuous improvement.

This also applies to driving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom