• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    Given a baseline of " medium acceptable competence " , would occasional mediocre quality practice do better or worse than no practice , to maintain or improve baseline competency ?
    Isn't this descriptive of most military / police pistol training?

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    I kinda like seeing

Repetition only helps if you're doing the right things. You can shoot like crap and shoot everyday, if your fundamentals suck, you will continue to suck.
    It’s a given that my pistols shoot better than me.

It’s also true that breaking bad habits is harder than starting out as a newbie with the benefit of learning from the someone who knows what they’re talking about.

I think I’m at the point
    I've watched people at the range who have been shooting a long time and they still don't understand the importance of proper grip, so I don't know. Some will improve, some will not.
    I have reached my level of incompetence.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    Who is being denied their Rights by criticizing the way someone shoots?
    You're they one who said they should pack up their shit and go home (not to their face of course, just on the keyboard). Denied is your words, you'll have to ask yourself that.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I kinda like seeing

It’s a given that my pistols shoot better than me.

It’s also true that breaking bad habits is harder than starting out as a newbie with the benefit of learning from the someone who knows what they’re talking about.

I think I’m at the point

I have reached my level of incompetence.
    Time for a Blaster session.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    You're they one who said they should pack up their shit and go home (not to their face of course, just on the keyboard). Denied is your words, you'll have to ask yourself that.
    You ever look at something so ridiculous and think to yourself that person should stop whatever it is they're doing? Guess not.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    You ever look at something so ridiculous and think to yourself that person should stop whatever it is they're doing? Guess not.
    The corollary to "if everyone around you is an idiot, mayhaps they aren't the idiots" is "if you've never met an idiot, you mayhaps don't own a mirror" (commenting on SWO's reply to you). :innocent0 :D

172pilot

Aug 28, 2010
    A journey of 1,000 miles begins with one step and all that. A lot of new shooters need to suck for a while before realizing they'll need professional instruction to improve. At least they're at the range.

This is what I was going to say.. Other than qualifying for carry permit last year, I haven't shot since a shoulder surgery in 2019 and I've been thinking I'm ready to get back in there. I was never very good to begin with so I hope I dont get harshly judged.. :-) I will say I'm confident I could do better than this though, and for the record and public good, I'll tell you I haven't yet actually carried :-)

DustyDave

Jul 1, 2020
    Finksburg, MD
    Just venting....
    Went to Cindy's today. Lane next to me.
    If you are shooting shit like this at 5 yards, save your money, ammo, pack up and just go home.
    These 2 guys must have had 10 pistols between them.
    Yeah. This was representative of 8 out of 10 lanes.

Rant over! Enjoy your weekend!

4d792d41197986c3ada398605108a9d7.jpg
    Well, everybody has to start somewhere

DustyDave

Jul 1, 2020
    Finksburg, MD
    Definitely shooting predominately to the left . Maybe adjust sights, but from the 'grouping' it'd be hard to tell.
    The targets on the right side are safe (except a nick in #7)
    At least they are at the range 'practicing'. They might get better...
    Maybe they were trying to dial in guns that aren’t sighted very well. They may have been working on that. I had an old Rossi .38 that was horrible (my first ever handgun).

Billy610

Aug 9, 2019
    Just venting....
    If you are shooting shit like this at 5 yards, save your money, ammo, pack up and just go home.

Hopefully they take their targets home and study them. Learn what they are messing up on, watch some videos on how to fix it, and try again. Everyone can improve if they want to. Some people have big egos though and wont admit they need to work on stuff. Those are the worst kind of people to shoot with.

bigdaddycoolfm

Mar 24, 2014
    Just venting....

I will mark myself as safe from these gentlemen!! Hahahah

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom