• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rob257

Jan 17, 2013
    North Central Carroll Co.
    Finally...

Is anyone really surprised here? She now realizes the consequences of him losing his career and how it would affect and change their lives. No more celebrity status around AA county so she will recant her statement and basically claim spousal privilege. He gets away with domestic violence, actually they both get away with domestic violence, because lets face it, there was an assault committed on both parts. To recant now is basically just un-telling the truth. They should have just never called the cops and saved all the drama.

After approximately 5 1/2 pages of thread comments...HeatSeeker said something I can totaly agree with,:thumbsup:

That being said.. common sense and personal restraint are usally the 2nd and 3rd emotions to go after #1..loss of ones temper!

Rob

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I'm still convinced the only reason he was elected was so people could say they voted "Bat(e)man for Sheriff"

This incident came up a couple times today, once at the water cooler, and again tonight by one of our gun club members who happens to be an attorney.

Very clever how his campaign make the signs so easy to black marker out the 'e' so it reads like that. Honestly, who wouldn't want to vote for Bat man for sheriff.

Four words:

"Bitch set me up!"

Not impossible - improbable, but it depends upon the man and how the average voter feels about him. Marion Barry was a felon and continued to get elected.

Different constituents, no one in their right mind is going to vote for a crack head or wife beater for Sheriff. I pray for everyone's sake he isn't.

Is anyone really surprised here? She now realizes the consequences of him losing his career and how it would affect and change their lives. No more celebrity status around AA county so she will recant her statement and basically claim spousal privilege. He gets away with domestic violence, actually they both get away with domestic violence, because lets face it, there was an assault committed on both parts. To recant now is basically just un-telling the truth. They should have just never called the cops and saved all the drama.

Amen.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Ironic, Batman had some violent tendencies:

iu

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Dang interesting question on filing a false report. I am sure this isn't the first wife to recant a domestic violence report, is it normal to file the wife with a false report warrant (whatever the legal term is) or do they just let them skate?

Never, ever, ever, have I seen that done. Even on obviously perjurious protective order applications they won't press charges. I've never seen it happen. First problem is how do you prove someone was lying beyond a reasonable doubt on something that's usually a he-said she-said. Second is that prosecutors are deathly afraid of the domestic violence lobbyists who will come after them with accusations of trying to "intimidate" women into not making reports.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Never, ever, ever, have I seen that done. Even on obviously perjurious protective order applications they won't press charges. I've never seen it happen. First problem is how do you prove someone was lying beyond a reasonable doubt on something that's usually a he-said she-said. Second is that prosecutors are deathly afraid of the domestic violence lobbyists who will come after them with accusations of trying to "intimidate" women into not making reports.
    Sad but very true on all counts.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Today (13April) "The Capital" below the fold

"Sheriff makes 1st public appearance since domestic assault arrest"

"Things were said to the police durng high emotions, high stress and high anger that were just blown out of proportion and not true." Bateman said. "Soon you will read where she has recanted everything."

story and video of interview

http://www.capitalgazette.com/news/...cn-bateman-statement-0412-20160412-story.html

And this is why cops make arrests because emotions are high, evidence of injury (No matter how small) and the possibility of more violence after they leave the call.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    She seems to like attention for someone who doesn't want attention

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033