• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    And his wife has recanted her story to police.

Can someone recant a 911 call tape?

So, the police made a bad arrest then (sarcasm). So in essence,by recanting, she made a false report. When is her false report warrant going to be written up?

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    Is anyone really surprised here? She now realizes the consequences of him losing his career and how it would affect and change their lives. No more celebrity status around AA county so she will recant her statement and basically claim spousal privilege. He gets away with domestic violence, actually they both get away with domestic violence, because lets face it, there was an assault committed on both parts. To recant now is basically just un-telling the truth. They should have just never called the cops and saved all the drama.

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    Someone told me he had attended a bull and oyster roast for some fundraiser earlier that day. If true, make your own conclusions from there. :beer:

Just a little AA County Sheriff dept. tidbit. Deputies, until about 94 when George Johnson became Sheriff, were only allowed to carry off duty with a MD carry permit.
    She had just returned from being out to dinner. I think alcohol was a factor for both. They live around the corner from me just off Ft Smallwood Rd. She runs around town feeling like a celebrity because of being the sheriffs wife.

We have mutual FB friends. In January she was posting how happy and in love she is to the most wonderful man. Then last week she was posting that Sherrif Bateman is a single man go get him ladies. Just yesterday she posted "Got Married" to which he replied "I love you baby" with other family members chiming in on what a beautiful couple they are. They're both freakin crazy. Hopefully next time they wont call the cops and save all the Real Housewives of Pasadena drama.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Can someone recant a 911 call tape?

So, the police made a bad arrest then (sarcasm). So in essence,by recanting, she made a false report. When is her false report warrant going to be written up?

Dang interesting question on filing a false report. I am sure this isn't the first wife to recant a domestic violence report, is it normal to file the wife with a false report warrant (whatever the legal term is) or do they just let them skate?

systemmaster

MDS Supporter
    Dec 31, 2009
    Lost
    They won't charge her. It is an unwritten rule for not charging when false/recanted reports are made because the they believe it would deter them from calling in domestic violence if it ever occurred again.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Dang interesting question on filing a false report. I am sure this isn't the first wife to recant a domestic violence report, is it normal to file the wife with a false report warrant (whatever the legal term is) or do they just let them skate?

Well, that I don't know. But what pisses me off is that this whole thing makes a mockery of the officers who made the arrest. They make an arrest on pc and in one fell swoop, it didn't happen because of a public statement by the victim. This son of bitch now, (if he gets his job back), has to live with his AA county partner in law enforcement. Fck him.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    They won't charge her. It is an unwritten rule for not charging when false/recanted reports are made because the they believe it would deter them from calling in domestic violence if it ever occurred again.

why won't that encorage calls to 911 with no penalty? if a wife gets pissed at the old man, then says "oh honey I didn't mean it. I take it all back."

cuts both ways IMO

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Well, that I don't know. But what pisses me off is that this whole thing makes a mockery of the officers who made the arrest. They make an arrest on pc and in one fell swoop, it didn't happen because of a public statement by the victim. This son of bitch now, (if he gets his job back), has to live with his AA county partner in law enforcement.

Fck him.

AMEN!

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    How does it work though if you call 911 and you're a little drunk?
    Of course you're going to say you didn't mean what you said because you were drunk.

Who is above the sheriff, the county executive? It sounds like the sheriff isn't answering to anyone since he wrote his own press release allowing himself to go back to work. That's not a good set of checks and balances. He needs to answer to someone and that person should sign off on him going back to work.

chuck

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 1, 2016
    Anne Arundel

A guy calls 911 because someone is walking around Wal-Mart with a pellet gun off the shelf. He falsely tells the 911 operator that the guy is waving it at people so the police shoot the guy on sight. Now the caller is facing charges.

http://bearingarms.com/911-caller-swatted-john-crawford-may-finally-face-charges/

This has a much different final outcome but the path is the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom