• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShoreShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2013
    I think the DINO movement can help re-seat a few chairs in the GA, but a huge impact that will change 2A in Maryland? Not likely.
    This will likely help in making future anti-2A "less bad," but it won't really help with 281.

But therein lies a key point.

While one goal on the electoral route is to change the balance of seats / votes, there is another lesser goal that is more achievable.

Use the analogy of so many cowboy movies. The good guy with a six shooter faces down 50, by saying "Yes, you will get me, but 6 of you are going down first. Who wants to go first?"

If we can demonstrate we can change a few seats in a targeted effort, then our voice is listened to when we say YOU may become the target in the next election.

That may not change the vote of the faithful in clearly safe seats whose districts support their stances. It will have an effect on many whose seats are more diverse. The legislators are even more aware than we are that the elections that are held in off years are decided by the few citizens who show up to vote, and an energized group can have an out-sized impact.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    I think the DINO movement can help re-seat a few chairs in the GA, but a huge impact that will change 2A in Maryland? Not likely.

This will likely help in making future anti-2A "less bad," but it won't really help with 281.

I do completely agree with this 100%. The likelihood there is a D on any ticket that will vote against the party and for 2A is very unlikely. But if we can get as many as we can voted out as some pay back for 281 we should. If 2014 comes and goes, and if the same old D faces are still in office, they will never have a concern in the world about voting against all or any anti 2A bill to roll down the road no matter how many people MSI can rally in Annapolis. The D's will just laugh and point at the people outside of their windows.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I do completely agree with this 100%. The likelihood there is a D on any ticket that will vote against the party and for 2A is very unlikely. But if we can get as many as we can voted out as some pay back for 281 we should. If 2014 comes and goes, and if the same old D faces are still in office, they will never have a concern in the world about voting against all or any anti 2A bill to roll down the road no matter how many people MSI can rally in Annapolis. The D's will just laugh and point at the people outside of their windows.

I'm not a religous man, but amen to that.

If DINO can unseat just a few Dems in 2014, it will give the rest of the Dems some food for thought and some time for reflection.

I am 100 percent behind the DINO movement and it costs almost nothing to implement.

The question is how many folks can we flip in one year.

JAY1234

Retired Radioman Chief
    Dec 1, 2012
    St Marys County Maryland
    NRA Basher

As I have said elsewhere Common use is not the correct standard. I have posted on this before publicly, and no it is not novel, it is just that I am not qualified to make the case, and see no point in making it badly here.

As a sheeple who clearly does not know his place, I have come up with my own standard for the case of weapons that I believe are most core to the right and I have stated why.

Since none of our opinions is binding I see no point in wasting more bits on it, especially since we have an election, and a another legislative session to prepare for. I am also required to develop a plan for 2016 and beyond as I hear that there is also a federal government to deal with. And there is that pesky business of trying to repeal all that stuff the court left standing-- Hail Mary you say, well I guess that depends how many people are pissed of enough to vote against the a-hole that did this. As I posted elsewhere I think it can be done but not in a single election cycle. I am sure these are not really my own thoughts, but such is my conceit, at I yet persist in my delusion.

I am sure that as soon as the NRA calls I will have all my own thoughts replaced with theirs anyway, but as you know" the brain in the vat never knows that it is a brain in a vat".

As far a magazine limits. I hope you are not on our legal team, and I mean no offensives, I find it foolish to concede anything.
    You may want to consider that there is also an election coming up. I would prefer not have a "even the pro gun people support mag limits" canard to deal with.

You seem to have a complaint with the way the NRA is conducting business. That is your 1st amendment right and if you don't agree with what they support, don't follow them. For me, I have a brain and I see the NRA programs promoting Legal, safe gun ownership and at the same time attempting to ensure that ourselves and the future generations of Americans have the choice of owning and legitimately using firearms.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    I'm not a religous man, but amen to that.

If DINO can unseat just a few Dems in 2014, it will give the rest of the Dems some food for thought and some time for reflection.

I am 100 percent behind the DINO movement and it costs almost nothing to implement.

The question is how many folks can we flip in one year.

But the problem is and will remain, the people that will be involved iN DINO are people that vote no matter what. But our real problem is not them whether they do the DINO thing or not. They show up and VOTE. Our real problem is all of the dead asses that do not bother to vote. And I feel that many are members of this sight. It is shameful how many do not bother to vote. The DINO movement/strategy is fine. But the real movement/strategywell need to be working on is to presser all of the dead asses to get off their dead asses and go stand in line to vote.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    As I have said elsewhere Common use is not the correct standard. I have posted on this before publicly, and no it is not novel, it is just that I am not qualified to make the case, and see no point in making it badly here.

As a sheeple who clearly does not know his place, I have come up with my own standard for the case of weapons that I believe are most core to the right and I have stated why.

Since none of our opinions is binding I see no point in wasting more bits on it, especially since we have an election, and a another legislative session to prepare for. I am also required to develop a plan for 2016 and beyond as I hear that there is also a federal government to deal with. And there is that pesky business of trying to repeal all that stuff the court left standing-- Hail Mary you say, well I guess that depends how many people are pissed of enough to vote against the a-hole that did this. As I posted elsewhere I think it can be done but not in a single election cycle. I am sure these are not really my own thoughts, but such is my conceit, at I yet persist in my delusion.

I am sure that as soon as the NRA calls I will have all my own thoughts replaced with theirs anyway, but as you know" the brain in the vat never knows that it is a brain in a vat".

As far a magazine limits. I hope you are not on our legal team, and I mean no offensives, I find it foolish to concede anything.
    You may want to consider that there is also an election coming up. I would prefer not have a "even the pro gun people support mag limits" canard to deal with.

You seem to have a complaint with the way the NRA is conducting business. That is your 1st amendment right and if you don't agree with what they support, don't follow them. For me, I have a brain and I see the NRA programs promoting Legal, safe gun ownership and at the same time attempting to ensure that ourselves and the future generations of Americans have the choice of owning and legitimately using firearms.

I think you missed my sarcasim and the context in which I was responding.

Fwiw I back the NRA play in this case 100%. And about 90% Or better on most things. I am a life member and have been for about 20 Years. :)

Thank you for supporting the NRA as I do. :)

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    But the problem is and will remain, the people that will be involved iN DINO are people that vote no matter what. But our real problem is not them whether they do the DINO thing or not. They show up and VOTE. Our real problem is all of the dead asses that do not bother to vote. And I feel that many are members of this sight. It is shameful how many do not bother to vote. The DINO movement/strategy is fine. But the real movement/strategywell need to be working on is to presser all of the dead asses to get off their dead asses and go stand in line to vote.

Amen to that too.

Doing my best.

My "Ask me about my DINO" t-shirt should help.

knownalien

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2010
    Glen Burnie, MD.
    Well. Here's what I think of all the fees. To make it fair: all abortions cost $10, 000 and all who get them are put in a database that I can peruse.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

knownalien

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2010
    Glen Burnie, MD.
    And mag limits have to equal what the police can use otherwise you are saying the life of a cop is worth more than mine. That cop's gun serves the purpose of saving his life as do ours. The number of assailants we may face is also unknown so why err on the conservative and optomistic side?

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Well. Here's what I think of all the fees. To make it fair: all abortions cost $10, 000 and all who get them are put in a database that I can peruse.

There would be some serious societal ramifications if abortions suddenly cost $10,000. One of the reasons a lot of scholars believe that crime has decreased is because of the availability of abortions to the poor. I would prefer that contraceptives be used, but I am pro-choice as long as it is in the first trimester.

Now, putting them in a database is an idea. However, the General Assembly was nice enough to include a section in the bill not leaving the registration information open to public information act requests to prevent the issue that happened in New York. Once registration was yanked from the bill, so was the portion regarding the freedom of information act.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    And mag limits have to equal what the police can use otherwise you are saying the life of a cop is worth more than mine. That cop's gun serves the purpose of saving his life as do ours. The number of assailants we may face is also unknown so why err on the conservative and optomistic side?

Yeah, I don't think there should be any limitation whatsoever. I value my life a lot more than a law enforcement officer's and I also do not want to be limited to what their superiors believe is adequate. If I feel as though a 100 round mag is necessary, then I want to buy a 100 round mag.

Sadly, I think this is going to be one of the tougher battles to win out of all this crap.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland

The only thing that would do is create more people on well fair you will have to take care of for a lifetime

knownalien

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2010
    Glen Burnie, MD.
    Just feel like the founding fathers didn't intend for me to support anyone but myself. My point is liberals loves them some abortions and sanctified them like moses came down from the mountain with a pamphlet from planned parenthood instead of the ten commandments. Liberals are trying to make the 2a so difficult to exercise and are attaching such stigma to us its ridiculous. So if they wanna fight I say fight fire with fire.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Just feel like the founding fathers didn't intend for me to support anyone but myself. My point is liberals loves them some abortions and sanctified them like moses came down from the mountain with a pamphlet from planned parenthood instead of the ten commandments. Liberals are trying to make the 2a so difficult to exercise and are attaching such stigma to us its ridiculous. So if they wanna fight I say fight fire with fire.

Yep, it sucks. For me, it feels like the beginning of the end for this country. If you follow the downfall of other great countries/empires like ancient Greece and Rome, it seems as though the US is on the downward path just those countries were.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom