Senator Kennedy Introduces Bill To Expand Concealed-carry Rights For Qualified Police Officers

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    I approve of carve outs

Screenshot_20230614-062539~2.png

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Not at all. I fight for what is right, I support any thing that increases, stings the opposition, that provides an opportunity to expand those rights to all. You let your anger for what occurs in the state of Maryland cloud your judgment. That is the big difference.
    Right would be all citizens exercising their rights.

Leosa never helped me and none of the leosa campaigners I know of reached back to help the non-badged.

You are absolutely correct that I am angry. If you want to see me support anything for LE, I will have to be shown that they have done the same for me. The attitude/conduct of the state police in md has taught me to distrust and, in most cases, dislike them. Show me where they have cast out their bad apples and come out to help the common man in his exercise of rights. I'll wait.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    Right would be all citizens exercising their rights.

Leosa never helped me and none of the leosa campaigners I know of reached back to help the non-badged.

You are absolutely correct that I am angry. If you want to see me support anything for LE, I will have to be shown that they have done the same for me. The attitude/conduct of the state police in md has taught me to distrust and, in most cases, dislike them. Show me where they have cast out their bad apples and come out to help the common man in his exercise of rights. I'll wait.
    People like me.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    You don’t know me. The difference between you and me is I will accept any victory over the anti-gun crowd. Maryland didn’t become a deep blue state over night, and it will not turn red overnight either. It one small victory after another.
    Maryland will never become a red state,,
    It is all about demographics/Race,, and then sprinkle on top the lilly white liberals who are attracted to the DC area because of .gov jobs, And you have a state that is solidly Dem/liberal/leftist/communist/racist and will never change,, Short of a mass "On the road to Damascus" event.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Democrats, Republicans...all play the game. What we NEED are Constitutionalists and they have nearly zero presence in the swamp.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    I will ask again, what did LEOSA do for you?

I will answer, since you wouldn’t before: Nothing.
    ^^ THIS ^^

There is no answer to support his irrational argument, there was no 'small victory', LMAO.

LEOSA never did one beneficial thing for a single private citizen, and lest we forget as we misuse terminology, police are ALSO civilians. The only non civilians in our society are military.

All LEOSA does is help keep our LEO/former LEO friends from objecting to the tryanny the rest of us are constantly subjected to. Most just don't care because they're not negatively affected...again.

Were it not for these exceptions and routine carve-outs in these unconstitutional restrictions, most police would be right there next to us in opposing the ongoing shitshow. As it is, why should they?

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    How many of you “no carve out” people had gun permits for businesses, or even more hypocritical; started businesses for the gun permit?

You don’t think that’s a carve out?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    How many of you “no carve out” people had gun permits for businesses, or even more hypocritical; started businesses for the gun permit?

You don’t think that’s a carve out?
    It absolutely is.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    I support all first responders, that said an ex cop is just a citizen, and all citizens need to be treated equally.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    You are MDSP? You hit the bricks in Annapolis? You testified against infringement?

Will you arrest fellow officers for harassing or illegally detaining those exercising their rights? Feel like cuffing and stuffing Pope for us?
    No, I'm not a member of Maryland State Police. I have protested, I have testified against infringement in my county. I'm not longer an officer, so I can't do what you're suggesting even if it was legal.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    I support all first responders, that said an ex cop is just a citizen, and all citizens need to be treated equally.
    That is absolutely correct! Hence this could be a point that could be used to overturn those laws that we all disagree with.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    That is absolutely correct! Hence this could be a point that could be used to overturn those laws that we all disagree with.
    This won’t happen. Legislators see an enormous difference. They are the 5-0…regular citizens are a 0. It doesn’t matter how much you shoot IDPA, or even if you were Delta Force.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Except that this doesn't get the ball rolling. It's not like LEOSA has benefitted the average person with a carry permit in any way and LEOSA has been around for decades.
    You know me and what I do but I’ll generally agree with you here. Folks think cops are “trained” but honestly it’s a pretty good representation of the actual population. I mean that as cops probably train less than most MDS members. Folks like to look at cops as well trained but I think like the majority of CCWers they train very little.

I say that to say due to the perception cops are trained the bill did very little for the actual “citizen” gun owner.

^^hate using that term in quotes but it was necessary in this comment

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom