• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gswayne

Left Maryland, Freedom
    Nov 9, 2011
    Indeed it was the background checks part but many considered that to be the one that had the best chance to pass the Senate.

Silence&Rage

Feb 20, 2013
    MoCo
    Chris Matthews and the rest of MS-DNC programing line up start melt down right now - 5:00 pm. Should be a hoot listening on my ride home.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    when do the other parts of the bill get voted on?

Now I think. I don't know what the other 6 amendments are though. Is one the Cornyn amendment?

Edit: Concealed carry act up now
    Cornyn just spoke for a minute, Shmucky Schumer crying of blood in the streets, saying criminals and felons can go to FL and get permits. What an idiot.

Concealed carry reciprocity voting now. Missed by 3 votes 57-43. Harry Reid changed from a yea (Thune vote) to no on this vote. Feinsteins bill is up next crying about the children and already knows her amendment is dead.

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    I'd rather it had passed. It might have muted the public reaction next time a mass shooting happens. And limit the potential for passing much more restrictive gun laws in its place. We might look back in a year or so and wish something as defensible as universal background checks HAD been agreed to. Besides, the fact that something that has such overwhelming public support (+80% even among gun owners) failed to get passage, just strengthens the anti's arguments about gun owners being extremist.

JMintzer

Hoarding Douche Waffle
    Mar 17, 2009
    SW MoCo/Free FL (when I can)
    Schumer is a lying sack of shit. He just claimed that the expanded CCW amendment was a bad idea because FELONS could travel to FL and legally obtain CCW permits and then carry in their home state...

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    It was an amendment to the bill. Not the bill itself. We're getting ahead of ourselves. Got a way to go before this turd is flushed.

hilpala

Dec 16, 2011
    Ft Washington, MD
    It's all slippery slope tactics though DarthZed. If they passed that and another tragedy occured it would have justified their means and statements like "background checks helped fleece common threats out but the more radical ones need more stringent laws to protect our youth...our future. Do we stop at preventing mentally ill and criminals from legal purchases, or do we push limit necessity of such prehistoric tools in our modern society."

Want to know how I know they'll come up with dingleberries like that? It's because I've had this same rebuttal shot at me by relatives, upon which I had to pump their stomachs to remove the kool-aid with facts and reason.

Les Gawlik

Ultimate Member
    Apr 2, 2009
    That was a little good news which was sorely needed. I do think that the recent endeavors in Maryland and elsewhere have raised the public's awareness about mental health problems. Banning guns is cheap and easy, but ineffective so long as there are pressure cookers. Addressing the mental health problems is hard and expensive, but would probably work.

It was also a rather stinging rebuke to Zippy and that little Remora fish of a governor we have. He has hitched his political future to an issue only 4% of the population thinks is important.

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    Obama has announced a news conference where he will tell us what he is going to do on his own to curb gun violence.

See CNN or Fox for details.

Looks like sour grapes to me.

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    Obama is off of his freaking rocker.

He's on TV now claiming that "a minority of votes caused this to fail" and they are going against what "90% of Americans want."

He point-blank blamed it on a "minority of Republicans."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom