• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4570inMD

Western MD Hooligan #007
    Jan 26, 2011
    West Virginia
    Obama's right - something needs to be done and can be done. What that something is, is to enforce the current laws on the books. That WILL make a difference. Stop gang activity and their violence. That WILL make a difference. Legislate that the mentally ill who clearly represent a threat to themselves and others are turned in to the authorities. That WILL make a difference. Institute security in schools to the level of security in banks. That WILL make a difference. etc.

+1

Too bad that all these items are so close to what our politicians are supposed to be doing. . . . .

4570inMD

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Originally Posted by Chris0nllyn
    1 down, 8 to go.

Surprised me that Reid voted AGAINST it, and McCain voted FOR it...

Not surprised at all. Reid is very smart. He wants to stay in power. McCain has been leaning left for a very long time. I think it's his busted jaw that is causing that

By voting agaist it, Reid can bring it back up later without changing the outcome of the vote. He's an ass, but not dumb.

helmetmike

Sep 30, 2010
    So. MD 29B
    Boo Hoo, winey baby Barack didn't get his way today because those evil Repub's respect the constitution and the rights of the people. :tantrum: Too F'ing bad for you Barry. I also enjoyed watching Feinstein's pathetic plea for courage when voting for the AWB. 40 for, 60 against, I think Feinstein got the message. :tongue01: Did anyone follow Cardin and Mikulski's votes? My count had them firmly following the "party" line on each vote. :kissass: I hope tomorrow is a repeat of today. Please folks, don't stop making calls and sending e-mails. Obama and Co. are not giving up. We cannot afford to give up either.

Broder

Jan 13, 2013
    I'd rather it had passed. It might have muted the public reaction next time a mass shooting happens. And limit the potential for passing much more restrictive gun laws in its place. We might look back in a year or so and wish something as defensible as universal background checks HAD been agreed to. Besides, the fact that something that has such overwhelming public support (+80% even among gun owners) failed to get passage, just strengthens the anti's arguments about gun owners being extremist.

:/

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    Interesting juxtaposition

The Maryland General Assembly was lobbied intensively with facts, logic and reason yet when the vote came politics and emotion prevailed. The US Congress was lobbied intensively with emotion and politics yet when the vote came logic and reason prevailed.

Not sure what this means, other than Maryland politics is more dominated by idiots.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Everyone wants prices to drop, but until this is all defeated they wont. So again, what else is left?

I'll ask the same question: What else needs to be voted on? Many here think that today was all the voting. I'm confused myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom