• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    if it was already mounted on the rifle from the store, sometimes they just tighten it enough to hold the mounts on, I would start from scratch and blue loctite the base mounting screws, I make sure they are tightened down good but not stripped out.

Sometimes if you just slap the scope in the rings its way off, and if tightened this way you'll never get it on paper. the other thing is remember you have it maxed out one direction and you need to center it back otherwise it wont have enough clicks one way to help you sight it back in.

270 is a very accurate round its still one of my favorites so barring ring/mount issues I would say its just not installed properly.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Rings were loose, scope out of level but we got him on paper and then some. Should be good now I

stan5677

Sep 29, 2012
    The bullseye was by speed3 at 50 and the the majority of the rest are mine.

Attachments

• 15218328_1224002521007442_531822079_n.jpg
      15218328_1224002521007442_531822079_n.jpg
      93.7 KB · Views: 95

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Yeah, those of us used to recoil don't mind. Her father is not a shooter in the least.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

As someone who has only been shooting a couple of years, that is what I usually see, people who are up on the scope too close for a good sight picture and generally don't have the rifle snugged in to their shoulder properly so it both kicks them and recoils enough to kiss their eye brow/socket.

As someone who has only been shooting a couple of years, that is what I usually see, people who are up on the scope too close for a good sight picture and generally don't have the rifle snugged in to their shoulder properly so it both kicks them and recoils enough to kiss their eye brow/socket.
    He did have the rifle seated in the shoulder properly, but was not prepared for the recoil so his eye was further forward. I take some partial responsibility but it was still damn funny

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    I am a strong proponent in doing these things yourself or using someone you know, knows what they are doing. Most stores have people doing this and aren't qualified to handle guns.

My daughter went with her BF to Dick's and he bought her a scope for her birthday. The Dick's staff mounted the scope and mounted it with two different sized Weaver rails. Then bore sited it. We took it to the field to shoot and it missed the target 2' low at 50 yards. I was like WTF!!! Switched the scope mounts and weaver rails and 2' high. :mad54: How could they have bore sited that??

She makes me take her to dicks and I tell them the problem. It takes 4 people 1.25 hours to "determine" the problem I told them it was. The rails are off or the mounts are different heights. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom