• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Via the Kolbe lawsuit!

The MSP created a sh*tload of harm in the ongoing lawsuit.
    Let them eat cake!

Here is what I don't understand. Convert a rifle, comply with all the nasties...convert a handgun, and its still a handgun.

Help me out here, did the handgun portion of FSA13 have the same features testing?

Further...did this MSP pronouncement just doom the roster board's existence??

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    There would appear to be a very simple way to avoid the whole Handgun issue as applied to Form 4 transfers.
    I had thought of some possibilities, but they all had issues at the federal level. PM me if you want to bounce things around.

TNW

Jan 27, 2014
    Sadly, I don't think I have ever seen a politician offer a solution as to how they were planning on confiscating guns from criminals.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    So, according to MSP, an HQL is now required to receive a rifle?

wow.

Yup (Unless exempted from the H.Q.L.), and has an approved lock (If made after a certain date), and a 77r/7 day wait, and 1 handgun per 30 days (Unless a D.C), and the Mental Health Form, and the Handgun Roster, and the Fired Shell Casing (If new).

:sad20:

Engage Armament

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 30, 2010
    Rockville, MD
    /\
    THIS!

I suppose dealers could hand carry the NFA item to the Board, and be present while it was being inspected (e.g.-maintain possession) and then take it back.

Of course, fat chance the Review Board would let that happen.

ATF Form 5 would enable you to transfer it to MSP for the handgun roster board.

Engage Armament

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 30, 2010
    Rockville, MD
    The board will approve receivers, correct?

Theoretically however getting an AR receiver on there would be problematic. They will respond with either "its not a handgun" or that its prohibited under SB281. We were able to get our pistol on the roster simply because barrel profile and that took an appeal after it was initially deemed being for "LE & MIL Only"

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    Theoretically however getting an AR receiver on there would be problematic. They will respond with either "its not a handgun" or that its prohibited under SB281. We were able to get our pistol on the roster simply because barrel profile and that took an appeal after it was initially deemed being for "LE & MIL Only"

Thankfully there is an appeals process. I may just submit one of my spare lowers and see what they say. If they come back with, "it's not a handgun," then we can buy all the Glock, 1911, etc. frames we want as others not on a 77r. If they come back with, "it's banned," we have the courts. I'm tired of getting pushed around on the whim of politicians and their appointees.

:mad54:

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County

Good. Receivers that have never been assembled as a firearm are not firearms according to the Md statutes.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    yowsa

Attachments

• engage.jpg
      engage.jpg
      39.4 KB · Views: 310

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts