SB387 "Public Safety - Untraceable Firearms" - The Ban on Private Firearm Making

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    So what if one has home built grandfathered but now banned AK's. Is there gonna be a problem trying to complying with this bs law? Asking for a friend
    Hmmm. If owned before 2013, but without an SN, you'll need to have a Serial Number engraved. If built after 2013, you still must add a SN to be "compliant."

I can't figure out how you would register a rifle of any design via 77R, since the 77R only applies to handguns.

Conundrum.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    Am I wrong that this law is useless?

Paraphrasing:
    "Option 1: FFL engraves it with an abbreviated version of their FFL number and then registration isn't required because it it is traceable."

Why would the gun be traceable? It wouldn't be on the FFL's books. If the owner never left the FFL while the work was being done and it took less than 24 hours the FFL doesn't need to record it in their bound book...
    You are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT. None of these "newly engraved" will actually be traceable, other than those "registered" with MSP.

That's how they intend to "trace" homebuilds, voluntary registration.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    So what if one has home built grandfathered but now banned AK's. Is there gonna be a problem trying to complying with this bs law? Asking for a friend
    As has been said MANY times, it needs to be serialized per the law.

foodpoison

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    the Dena
    As has been said MANY times, it needs to be serialized per the law.
    So "my friends" concern is MSP, Frosh or whomever will be like that"s a banned firearm.
    His fear is if he complies he will be prosecuted for violating fsa of 2013 though he did everything legal. He is also close to saying F MD and moving out of state

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    So why again can’t just the individual themselves engrave

“2. the firearm has been imprinted by an FFL authorized to provide marking services with the postal zip code and initials of the current owner or person that made, completed, or initially assembled the firearm, followed by a number that has not been used by the current owner or person that made, completed, or initially assembled the firearm on any other firearm that this person made, completed, or initially assembled”

How would MSP know it was not done by an FFL, when you take it in to register?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    So "my friends" concern is MSP, Frosh or whomever will be like that"s a banned firearm.
    His fear is if he complies he will be prosecuted for violating fsa of 2013 though he did everything legal. He is also close to saying F MD and moving out of state
    You friend's concern with MSP is misplaced, building said firearm pre-FSA was not illegal, maintaining possession was/is not illegal. Getting a legally owned firearm serialized per the law is not illegal.

If he is that worried, he can always store it out of state.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Even in NY, there's over 90% Non-Compliance with their 2013 SAFE Act.

But by all means, stumble over yourselves to comply with the commands from the MD GA; they know what's good for you, and they're making it mandatory, year after year.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Creating an ak after they were banned in md would be illigal
    WHAT THE FREAKING FRACKING ROCK have I been living UNDER?

AK's are banned? I need details or should I google?
    I am relatively new to these type weapons, Obviously I knew Full Auto types of Military arms were banned of Class 3 etc, but if an AK which is Semi Auto is banned.

THIS PISSES me OFF

To all you DEM Douchebags,
    Abortionsists' have likely killed more babies than all the AK's SKS's, AR's M16's have in Military and Civilian hands throughout simultaneous years since ROE V Wade and hell even WW2-today.

Or if you get literal.

NONE, because guns need an operator to use it to kill people.

Last edited:

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Technically, the "new" Maryland law doesn't apply in the other 49 states. You can legally sell or give away the ornate paperweight in VA, PA, WV, etc. (Not in DC)
    He mentioned if it has been machined and serialized. If it has been machined, it is a firearm in all 50 states.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Where's the bleeding hearts, beat the drums, make laws to keep on keeping on with the killing, march out front of Scotus homes, insurrectionists on this atrocity?

In the approximately 3 minutes it took me to type this. 5 babies were murdered

abortions in the United States since Roe v. Wade

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Watch how fast they tick by World Wide

So if one child's life lost is too many, HOW can the LIBS reconcile this and yet continue to blame the NRA and guns, and gun nuts for exponentially fewer deaths by mass shootings etc?

Last edited:

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Watch how fast they tick by World Wide

So if one child's life lost is too many, HOW can the LIBS reconcile this and yet continue to blame the NRA and guns, and gun nuts for exponentially fewer deaths by mass shootings etc?
    Interesting sites.

I was interested in the facts that nearly 5% of the babies aborted so far this year were past the 16 week gestation period, where they have developed characteristics that are described below:

- The body is fully formed, the fingers and toes have fingerprints & nails.

- Is about 5 inches long and weighs about 3 ounces, about the size of a large avacado.

- The baby is moving about: may grasp for the umbilical cord , suck it's thumb, and is capable of making facial expressions and kicking at the amniotic sac.

- The heart & circulatory system and the urinary tract are fully functioning. and the blood is pumping through these tiny veins

- The baby is inhaling and exhaling the amniotic fluid through the lungs.

-The eyes are in the proper position, and the baby can see straight ahead & blink his/her eyelids.

- The genitals have formed. In the case of a girl, the uterus has already developed and the ovaries are in the proper place.

- Umberto Castiello, University of Padova, Italy reported unborn babies have the ability to interact as early as 14 weeks into the pregnancy: "We conclude that performance of movements towards the co-twin is not accidental: already starting from the 14th week of gestation twin fetuses execute movements specifically aimed at the co-twin."

It's also of interest that of the total US abortions since Roe vs Wade in 1973, 30% were Black. Margaret Sanger marches on, killing Black children at a percentage more than double their representation in the population.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Interesting sites.

I was interested in the facts that nearly 5% of the babies aborted so far this year were past the 16 week gestation period, where they have developed characteristics that are described below:

- The body is fully formed, the fingers and toes have fingerprints & nails.

- Is about 5 inches long and weighs about 3 ounces, about the size of a large avacado.

- The baby is moving about: may grasp for the umbilical cord , suck it's thumb, and is capable of making facial expressions and kicking at the amniotic sac.

- The heart & circulatory system and the urinary tract are fully functioning. and the blood is pumping through these tiny veins

- The baby is inhaling and exhaling the amniotic fluid through the lungs.

-The eyes are in the proper position, and the baby can see straight ahead & blink his/her eyelids.

- The genitals have formed. In the case of a girl, the uterus has already developed and the ovaries are in the proper place.

- Umberto Castiello, University of Padova, Italy reported unborn babies have the ability to interact as early as 14 weeks into the pregnancy: "We conclude that performance of movements towards the co-twin is not accidental: already starting from the 14th week of gestation twin fetuses execute movements specifically aimed at the co-twin."

It's also of interest that of the total US abortions since Roe vs Wade in 1973, 30% were Black. Margaret Sanger marches on, killing Black children at a percentage more than double their representation in the population.
    Thanks for eloquating the info almost verbatim as to how I scan and register the facts in my mind too.

It is pretty telling how Conservatives get the bad rap from the Left for how we treat the black population, yet studies and facts and statistics tell the unbiased stories.

Imagine the numbers and economic power and influence another 50% survival rate of black and brown and Asian ( (Chinese etc) would have on our world.

Can you even imagine if even 1/10th of these pre and post birth babies of all colors and creeds had been rescued from abortion, drug deaths, gun, knife, bomb etc deaths.

How many Ben Carson's, Jackie Robinsons, Clarence Thomas's, Thomas Sowell, Walter E Williams's, Marie Curie, Bea Gatty's have we basically discarded as if they were common garbage hauled off to landfills and incinerators? Sad

Patattack88

Jan 9, 2020
    Westminster
    When this law doesn’t work and theres still a “ghost gun epidemic” in the streets i wonder what new law they will come up with to “fix” the issue.

sygata

Feb 13, 2012
    If I engraved my 80% when I built them, but engraving does not comply with that newly required format, do I need to reengrave it? I have numbers like Mine0001, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom