SB1 (2023) - Criminal Law - Wearing, Carrying, or Transporting Firearms - Restrictions (Gun Safety Act of 2023)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    First comment makes a good point he/she/it probably didn't realize.
    Screen Shot 2023-09-29 at 4.18.51 PM.png

I see this Country so immersed in the Liberal Narrative of Guns are Bad, but when I try to get actual Statistical information about; “How many MD shootings involve licensed Carry permit holders?? vs. How many Shooters are using illegal or unregistered guns??”, no information comes up.
    This factual information seems to be well hidden and just proves that the law abiding gun carriers are the only ones obeying the gun laws on the books!!

ToneGrail

MSI, NRA, & SAF Member
    Dec 18, 2008
    Towson, People's Republik of MD
    This part of the law needs to be stricken. I play in a band and do not drink when I perform. So basically if my band plays a bar and charges a door cover charge, I have to leave my weapon in my car where I run the risk of it getting stolen. A lot of the venues I perform at are in downtown Baltimore only a stones throw away from the ghetto.

1. A musical concert or performance for witch members of the audience are required to pay or possess a ticked to be admitted

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    This part of the law needs to be stricken. I play in a band and do not drink when I perform. So basically if my band plays a bar and charges a door cover charge, I have to leave my weapon in my car where I run the risk of it getting stolen. A lot of the venues I perform at are in downtown Baltimore only a stones throw away from the ghetto.

1. A musical concert or performance for witch members of the audience are required to pay or possess a ticked to be admitted
    That is not in the new law (final SB1).

If you read WMAR’s article, they listed all of the original places that were in first draft of SB1, not the final. They apparently didn’t keep up with the bill as it progressed.

Best to read the actual law/bill to get accurate information.

Here is a good compilation of 2023 handgun laws.

Then read the injunction:

Last edited:

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

That's not in the law but there is a portion that says you can't carry in a place that serves alcohol. (bar, restaurant)
    That portion of the law just received a preliminary injunction so it isn't valid starting on Sunday.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.

Agreed, in the same boat

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD

A real witch or just a wicken? And if no witches pay is it exempt?

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    But will that change after October 1? Will No Guns signs acquire the force of law after October 1?
    No I don't think there is any provision in SB1 about no gun signs. They defaulted it to everywhere, which is now enjoined, for the time being. So the previous status quo remains where no gun signs have no specific force of law other than being asked to leave, and prosecuted for trespass if you don't.

Of course if the firearm is concealed, how would they know to ask you to leave.

IANAL

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom