SB1 (2023) - Criminal Law - Wearing, Carrying, or Transporting Firearms - Restrictions (Gun Safety Act of 2023)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Doesn't mean it's not true, but I don't remember hearing anything about this. (The Baltimore portion you're referring to)
    Anyone else hear about this or is this misinformation from US Concealed Carry?
    Pretty certain it is just US CC misinformation. They have NEVER had all the correct info on MD laws

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    From attending the below yesterday. It's pretty much going to be unlawful except where posted. And apparently even specific prohibited places like all schools, day care and medical facilities...won't matter if they have this sign, still wouldn't be legal to carry. Looks like any place with a liquor license will be off limits as well, even if you're in a restaurant and not drinking.

Inform the owners of any establishment you support to start posting these signs and also complain to their lawmakers. No sign, no sale.

iu

iu

So were they claiming that the law requires this exact sign design? Sounds like B.S.

I don't think there is anything specific in the law about the design, the wording, the size, the placement, or the prominence of the sign.

Is there any solid information to the contrary?

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    iu

So were they claiming that the law requires this exact sign design? Sounds like B.S.

I don't think there is anything specific in the law about the design, the wording, the size, the placement, or the prominence of the sign.

Is there any solid information to the contrary?
    That design is deliberately made to terrify MD customers and convince business owners that it's a really bad idea.

Chat-Bot

Disinformation Governor
    Oct 17, 2020
    под скалой
    Doesn't mean it's not true, but I don't remember hearing anything about this. (The Baltimore portion you're referring to)
    Anyone else hear about this or is this misinformation from US Concealed Carry?
    It was one of the lawyers answering questions from an audience of about 150 and stated he wasn't associated with them. Already knew most of the information from SB1 text but wanted to listen to the presentation which was worthwhile.

The sign was an example of what they had and never mentioned this was THE lawful sign.

Noticed haters of that org here thanks to a select few. And from the sound of many here, they're too terrified to go into Baltimore so who cares?

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    It was one of the lawyers answering questions from an audience of about 150 and stated he wasn't associated with them. Already knew most of the information from SB1 text but wanted to listen to the presentation which was worthwhile.

The sign was an example of what they had and never mentioned this was THE lawful sign.

Noticed haters of that org here thanks to a select few. And from the sound of many here, they're too terrified to go into Baltimore so who cares?

So Baltimore is simply saying they will enforce the law as that is the penalty in SB1.
    EBMD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County

... The sign was an example of what they had and never mentioned this was THE lawful sign.

There is no "lawful sign."

That design is deliberately made to terrify MD customers and convince business owners that it's a really bad idea.

Obviously. That is a fake sign, sensationalized in order to manipulate the viewer. It makes me wonder who the seminar organizers are trying to manipulate.

Anyway, that's the point I was getting at. There is no "lawful sign" in Maryland.

Texas has what they call a 30-06 sign, which is a "No Guns" sign with specific wording, size, and placement. Only an exact 30-06 sign, displayed in a specific manner, has any legal force. Apparently 30-06 signs are uncommon there.

Maryland is doing the reverse of most states, by requiring permission to carry. Instead of thumbing their noses at the Supreme Court, Maryland is actually mooning it. Hopefully Maryland will get a good spanking... eventually.

In the meantime, there simply is no legal standard for a "Permission To Carry" sign. Like so many points of the law, it is undefined. That means it would have to be argued in court.

Before it could get to that point - a defense lawyer and a prosecutor presenting their arguments before a judge and a jury - there are a lot of intermediate steps that would have to occur.

I really doubt there will ever be a legal decision defining what counts as "permission to carry."

We're still waiting for a definition of "Bona Fide Collector."

Last edited:

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    I don’t know about you, but that gal in the pic below in front of the U.S. Supreme Court looks like a troublemaker to me.

The photographer is too, they say …

Apparently they both hang out with a bad crowd on occasion. Usually big occasions.

Maybe a doctor here could diagnose whether or not that personality type is innate to their constitution … you know, something natural, or if it is a learned behavior.

Either way, it spells trouble.

IMG_0721.jpeg

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    I don’t know about you, but that gal in the pic below in front of the U.S. Supreme Court looks like a troublemaker to me.

Apparently they both hang out with a bad crowd on occasion. Usually big occasions.

Maybe a doctor here could diagnose whether or not that personality type is innate to their constitution … you know, something natural, or if it is a learned behavior.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

View attachment 434623
    Definitely looks like trouble. I’d say her behavior is learned. I’d bet she spends a good deal of time with ruffians.

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    I think you posted in wrong thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member