• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I'll post something here that will be unpopular. MSIs website is pretty poorly laid out.

I'm not a lawyer and none of this is clear to me.

Something clear and concise would be nice.

Second, the bill tracker, I don't know when they changed the format but this embedded doc was done by some tech geek and a bear to navigate even on a PC let alone on a phone.

If you can do better or now someone that you think can feel free to reach out.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Agreed. Please file your complaint with MSP LICENSING, it's their website.
    MSP has been made aware of the discrepency numerous times over the past 10 years. They don't care if it's right or not.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I am in Starbucks in Maryland carrying my Glock 43X. I still don’t know if 1) I am allowed to concealed carry in Starbucks, and 2) open carry (which I can’t figure out is legal or no longer legal).

Of course you can carry concealed in Starbucks. Even if they have a "No Guns" sign, it doesn't have force of law. If an employee notices your gun (why would they?) and objects, just leave immediately without any argument.

All this is assuming you are carrying in Condition 1, that is, with a round in the chamber.

Worsley

I apologize for hurting your feelings!
    Jan 5, 2022
    Westminster
    Of course you can carry concealed in Starbucks. Even if they have a "No Guns" sign, it doesn't have force of law. If an employee notices your gun (why would they?) and objects, just leave immediately without any argument.

All this is assuming you are carrying in Condition 1, that is, with a round in the chamber.
    Yes sir, condition 1 is the only condition.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    That is always the retort.
    I held a position of responsibility in a volunteer organization. We had 100+ members. 5 people did 90% of the work. Probably 20 went with the flow and the rest had all kinds of opinions, suggestions and complaints after the work had been done. Funny thing was when we asked for help/ volunteers very few stepped forward. It burned me out. It's a lot easier to say "They should do..." instead of asking "Do you need help with..."

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I held a position of responsibility in a volunteer organization. We had 100+ members. 5 people did 90% of the work. Probably 20 went with the flow and the rest had all kinds of opinions, suggestions and complaints after the work had been done. Funny thing was when we asked for help/ volunteers very few stepped forward. It burned me out. It's a lot easier to say "They should do..." instead of asking "Do you need help with..."
    I've been involved with, and a few times led, volunteer organizations. A cardinal rule is that the person who shows up to complain about something has just volunteered to chair the committee to fix it!

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    I am in Starbucks in Maryland carrying my Glock 43X. I still don’t know if 1) I am allowed to concealed carry in Starbucks, and 2) open carry (which I can’t figure out is legal or no longer legal).
    or three--who the fvck cares? Concealed is concealed. So tired of this crap. I have definitely seen some printing on yutes in Mont county and Ballmer wearing their saggy clothing in their sweats pockets. No one says anything that I have seen.

Dean5791

Remington Fan
    Mar 25, 2010
    I have been avoiding dredge boats like the plague--don't want to be caught on there---otherwise I ignore it
    Lol! Until now I wasn't even sure what a dredge boat was. I wonder who had the idea to enter this into the law, like WTF? How many of these are there in Maryland and how many gun crimes are committed on them? Seriously.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    Open carry was no longer allowed as of Oct. 1, 2023

I don't otherwise see why Starbucks would be an issue. They don't serve alcohol, correct? You can't consume alcohol and carry.
    Close, you can’t be intoxicated and carry.

TD

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Lol! Until now I wasn't even sure what a dredge boat was. I wonder who had the idea to enter this into the law, like WTF? How many of these are there in Maryland and how many gun crimes are committed on them? Seriously.
    Google "oyster wars"

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom