• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Worsley

I apologize for hurting your feelings!
    Jan 5, 2022
    Westminster
    I can never make sense of the legalese, are there a set of well known “dont's” as a result of SB 1?

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    I can never make sense of the legalese, are there a set of well known “dont's” as a result of SB 1?

Join MSI.

Maryland’s new law created three broadly defined types of locations where people would be prohibited from carrying guns: areas for “children and vulnerable individuals,” “government or public infrastructure” areas, and a “special purpose area,” or places where the public gathers for entertainment, education or other social events.

Where are Firearms Prohibited?​

Restriction on the wear, carry and transport of handguns and firearms in certain places appear throughout Maryland law and regulations. Below are statutes and regulations detailing the handgun and firearm restrictions. This list should not be considered all-inclusive.

1. On school property (CR 4-102)

3. In legislative buildings (SG 2-1702)

4. Aboard aircraft (TR 5-1008)

5. In lodging establishments where the innkeeper reasonably believes individuals possess property that may be dangerous to other individuals, such as firearms or explosives (BR 15-203)

6. On dredge boats, other than two 10 gauge shotguns (NR 4-1013)

7. In or around State-owned public buildings and grounds (COMAR 04.05.01.03)

8. On Chesapeake Forest Lands (except for hunting and target shooting as permitted) (COMAR 08.01.07.14)

9. In State Forests (except for hunting and target shooting as permitted) (COMAR 08.07.01.04)

10. In State Parks (except for hunting and target shooting as permitted) (COMAR 08.07.06.04)

11. In State Highway Rest Areas, unless properly secured within vehicle (COMAR 11.04.07.12)

12. In community adult rehabilitation centers (COMAR 12.02.03.10)

13. In child care centers, except for small centers located in residences, firearms may not be kept on the premises (COMAR 13A.16.10.04)

Worsley

Jan 5, 2022
    Westminster
    Join MSI.

Maryland’s new law created three broadly defined types of locations where people would be prohibited from carrying guns: areas for “children and vulnerable individuals,” “government or public infrastructure” areas, and a “special purpose area,” or places where the public gathers for entertainment, education or other social events.

Restriction on the wear, carry and transport of handguns and firearms in certain places appear throughout Maryland law and regulations. Below are statutes and regulations detailing the handgun and firearm restrictions. This list should not be considered all-inclusive.

5. In lodging establishments where the innkeeper reasonably believes individuals possess property that may be dangerous to other individuals, such as firearms or explosives (BR 15-203)

8. On Chesapeake Forest Lands (except for hunting and target shooting as permitted) (COMAR 08.01.07.14)

9. In State Forests (except for hunting and target shooting as permitted) (COMAR 08.07.01.04)

10. In State Parks (except for hunting and target shooting as permitted) (COMAR 08.07.06.04)

11. In State Highway Rest Areas, unless properly secured within vehicle (COMAR 11.04.07.12)

13. In child care centers, except for small centers located in residences, firearms may not be kept on the premises (COMAR 13A.16.10.04)
    Perfect, thank you.

trailman

Nov 15, 2011
    Frederick
    Check out MSI’s website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'll post something here that will be unpopular. MSIs website is pretty poorly laid out.

I'm not a lawyer and none of this is clear to me.

Something clear and concise would be nice.

Second, the bill tracker, I don't know when they changed the format but this embedded doc was done by some tech geek and a bear to navigate even on a PC let alone on a phone.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    I'll post something here that will be unpopular. MSIs website is pretty poorly laid out.

Second, the bill tracker, I don't know when they changed the format but this embedded doc was done by some tech geek and a bear to navigate even on a PC let alone on a phone.

They are always looking for volunteers. Seems you might be able to help out.

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air

I agree.

Remember they are volunteers and the state is purposely making things complex so it is harder to litigate and also harder for people like you and me to understand.

If you possess the skill to understand this all and also to present it in a better way, maybe you should consider volunteering to do so for MSI.

Zaicran

MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2010
    Morganza, MD
    Join MSI.

Disagree with #11

"The display or discharge of firearms, pellet guns, B-B guns, and fireworks of any kind is prohibited." I read that as keep them concealed.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    Disagree with #11

"The display or discharge of firearms, pellet guns, B-B guns, and fireworks of any kind is prohibited." I read that as keep them concealed.
    Agreed. Please file your complaint with MSP LICENSING, it's their website.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore

Please draft your version of how the website should look, and run it by the Tech & Web Committee.

We have exactly 8 days left before the MGA opens for business.
    Volunteers are needed to track about 300-350 proposed bills for the next 100 days.

How much time can you contribute??

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    yeah that's the f-in (and very intentional) problem. all this friggin legalese and caveats and subsections and the like, NO ONE can follow and remember all that crap. if one carries, chances are they will violate at least a couple of the laws over the course of a year if not month or each day. these f_cking aholes back off one anti-2a set of rules because the courts told them to, and they just enact another anti-2a set of rules giving scotus and the constitution the middle finger.

Worsley

Jan 5, 2022
    Westminster
    I am in Starbucks in Maryland carrying my Glock 43X. I still don’t know if 1) I am allowed to concealed carry in Starbucks, and 2) open carry (which I can’t figure out is legal or no longer legal).

emerald

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2015
    Open carry was no longer allowed as of Oct. 1, 2023

I don't otherwise see why Starbucks would be an issue. They don't serve alcohol, correct? You can't consume alcohol and carry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom