• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Show me where any of them are excited. They want to play the game, but not have to come up to bat.

Until we get some real Republican Conservative Constitutionalist beef sitting in those seats, I don't see how this bill is going to go anywhere, in either chamber.

FIFY

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    Show me where any of them are excited. They want to play the game, but not have to come up to bat.

Until we get some real Republican beef sitting in those seats, I don't see how this bill is going to go anywhere, in either chamber.

They want to claim they are "fighting to protect the 2nd" but they don't actually want to win.

Just like they wanted to claim to stop Obamacare but didn't actually want to win. They all knew McCain is done this term (if not dead before the end of this term) so they were all free to vote yes knowing he was a no and could be painted as the bad guy.

Nothing will come of this and they will try and use it as leverage to the voters saying they need more help in the senate, that they need more republican senators in 2018.....

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    They want to claim they are "fighting to protect the 2nd" but they don't actually want to win.

Just like they wanted to claim to stop Obamacare but didn't actually want to win. They all knew McCain is done this term (if not dead before the end of this term) so they were all free to vote yes knowing he was a no and could be painted as the bad guy.

Nothing will come of this and they will try and use it as leverage to the voters saying they need more help in the senate, that they need more republican senators in 2018.....

Agreed. Sorry to say, but I think this is exactly the case.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville

^ Led Zeppelin "The Song Remains the Same"

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016

Agreed. Similarly, you can be sure that some of the Democrat "yes" votes from 2013 will flip if it'll actually make a difference in the outcome. They were able to vote "yes" so that they could throw their red state residents a bone knowing that the bill wouldn't pass anyway.

The fact that they keep introducing these piecemeal bills shows that they aren't intending to actually get any of them passed. If they were, they'd slip it in as a rider to something else.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    Contact Paul Ryan's office and ask that he push for HR 38. I have already done so and spoke to a member of his staff.

https://paulryan.house.gov/contact/washingtondc.htm

Washington, DC Office
    Office Location:
    1233 Longworth HOB
    Washington, D.C. 20515

Phone: (202) 225-3031
    Fax: (202) 225-3393

While I respect your efforts and thank you, Paul Ryan is one of the last "so called republicans" imo that I would expect action on this from.

That guy is a complete waste and has done nothing but expel a bunch of hot air. Even if he did, and the bill gets to the senate, its DOA.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Victor approves

Attachments

• victor.jpg
      victor.jpg
      12.3 KB · Views: 453

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Someone mentioned it earlier but they should try to make a deal with DACA legislation, although with this GOP crowd they'll end up getting nothing as they always do.

TheRussianNightmare

Sep 17, 2012
    National reciprocity is one of the carrots they dangle in front of conservative/libertarian voters to keep the votes coming, knowing full well they will never let it through. Voters keep coming back, and they just make excuses and sit on their hands.

Drain the swamp.:mad54:

callidus

May 21, 2013
    Maryland
    Paul Ryan may be doing something worse than failing to support National Reciprocity. He may be the one blocking it.

https://www.ammoland.com/2017/09/ry...ngressman-tells-armed-american-radio/amp/USA/

I mean, I kind of agree with him in this one case. Part of politics is swaying feelings - the article was written right after congressmen were shot at in D.C. Most of the votes would have gone "no" right after an event like that. Better to wait a bit, and vote when it's out of sight/out of mind.

jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC
    I mean, I kind of agree with him in this one case. Part of politics is swaying feelings - the article was written right after congressmen were shot at in D.C. Most of the votes would have gone "no" right after an event like that. Better to wait a bit, and vote when it's out of sight/out of mind.

Paul Ryan is an establishment republican and a statist or "neo-statist". There's no strategy involved. He never intended on supporting any type of national reciprocity. It's not in his ideology.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom