• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Globetruck

Mar 22, 2013
    I'm moving to MD this summer - probably AA or Calvert Counties. I'm quite nervous about living in MD.

What do I need to know before I show up with my guns?
    - Magazine limits?
    - licensing requirements?
    - can I buy ammo in MD?
    - from what I can tell, I won't be eligible for a concealed carry permit because I don't own my own business and I don't have any threats on my life.

Thanks!

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Hidey Ho from SMIBville and God Help You. Most of our laws are up in the air right now so Settle in with some sweet lemonade (official beverage) and enjoy the show.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk![/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]-------------------[/FONT]

- Magazine limits? 20rd purchase in state, can own bigger (cannot buy, sell, manufacture over 20 rd)
    - licensing requirements? Voluntary (unless NFA?)
    - can I buy ammo in MD? Yes
    - from what I can tell, I won't be eligible for a concealed carry permit because I don't own my own business and I don't have any threats on my life. Correct
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][FONT=&quot] info![/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]HOW to APPLY for a MARYLAND Carry Permit[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Maryland Ranges[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]MDS Logo Gear[/FONT][/FONT]

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I'm moving to MD this summer - probably AA or Calvert Counties. I'm quite nervous about living in MD.

- Magazine limits?
    - can I buy ammo in MD?
    - from what I can tell, I won't be eligible for a concealed carry permit because I don't own my own business and I don't have any threats on my life.

Thanks!

currently:
    mags.. it has to be less than 20rounds. (you can bring them from out of state). its legal to possess.. not so much if you buy, sell and transfer in the state.

no licensing to purchase.. just online training before buying any regulated firearms.

yes.. you can buy ammo in MD, online or any other states.

ccw permit. maryland likes to protect money not life.

welcome.

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County

- Magazine limits?
    - can I buy ammo in MD?

Thanks!

I believe you can bring in anything you already own. Wait for someone else to answer about guns not on the MD handgun roster.

Magazines of any size may be brought into the state. Mags of any size may be used in the state. You may only purchase 20 round or smaller mags in the state.

No license for long guns. To purchase a handgun, you need to take the online course and print a card.

You can buy all the ammo you want (if you can find it).

You will not be eligible to carry. I guess maybe if you are retired LEO, but certainly not if you are one of us average slobs.

(Ask where the lemonade comes from. It's amazing.)

freddie

Mar 20, 2013
    Welcome to MD - work and salaries are better than many areas, which is why many move to and still live in MD.

Luigi

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 4, 2010
    I would avoid at all costs. PA, WV, VA, and DE are close. I regret buying a home here.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Welcome! And condolences.

I would recommend that you come back and ask these questions again after our current despotic legislature is finished with their current abortion attempt on the 2nd Amendment.

Things are in a state of flux, and we don't yet for certain know what additional laws we'll be saddled with.

That said, what the other guys said above will 99% likely be true.

johnb007

Jul 6, 2011
    Welcome. I also came here from another state that respected its citizens. We are make some great progress by banding together and standing strong. We welcome another voter and future Democrat <wink wink> (Dinos).....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave

I would recommend that you come back and ask these questions again after our current despotic legislature is finished with their current abortion attempt on the 2nd Amendment.

Things are in a state of flux, and we don't yet for certain know what additional laws we'll be saddled with.

Half-cocked is wise.

I'm also very, very appreciative of his signature. Every time I see it, I head over to O'Malley town and tell him what I think about him. That, along with reading other posts, helps to lower my BP.

Luigi

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 4, 2010

Even if it doesn't pass avoid this state if you can. This state loves its criminals and loves its taxes.

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    I believe you can bring in anything you already own
    except currently banned items, an AK pistol, for example. ( i think).
    Crazy .gov.
    There is somewhere a list of OK guns to own in MD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom