• ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    http://www.therallypoint.org/forum/index.php?topic=885.0

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Shirk off those post-election blues, bundle up and grab your rifle. It's time for the first ever Rally Point shoot in Maryland on January 13, 2007.

I've been going up to PA for these for the last couple of years and can tell you that this is about as much fun as you can have at one of these things. Best of all.....you can bring your Class III goodies.

Been wanting to try a certain firearm? Pretty good chance it will be there and you can put some rounds down range before you go to the shop to make a purchase.

Got a new shooter? Come take advantage of a bunch of NRA certified instructors all in one place.

Want to strategize on the upcoming General Assembly and know what you can do? This is your chance!

Checkout the running thread over at therallypoint.org linked above.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Don,

Can we get this tacked to the front page?

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    DD214 said:
    Done.

I need a boat. As a crow flies, Cambridge is about 15 miles across the Chesapeake from where I live. Driving, it is about 110 miles.

I know the feeling. I have a colleague that lives on the north side of the river that we live on the south side of.

I can see her development from our pier and it would take 5 minutes to boat there but it's a 45 minute drive.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    I think the normal $10 range fee will still apply.

If you haven't been there before , this range is a throwback to the days of personal responsibility and freedom; no nagging range officers, community agreement on ceasefires, they supply a few targets and LOAN you (not rent!) spotting scopes, staplers, sandbags, adjustable benchrests, ear and eye protection and a host of other goodies.

I'm looking forward to this.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    $10 range fee for the whole day.

Food will be available for what is sounding like a very fair price. We haven't finalized the details so I'll hold off on that. It's a bit of a drive to anywhere from the range, so it's great that we're going to be able to work this out with the range folks.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Good deal. No reason why there shouldn't be 30 people at this thing unless people are too chicken of the weather.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    JeepDriver said:
    Screw the weather I have a coat and gloves!

Furthermore, I think we'll be bringing the big ol' propane heater ( as long as no one is shooting black powder.)

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    And again....you can back your vehicle right up to the benches, which are covered at least.

I'm sure we'll have something worked out in the way of hot coffee. :)

VNVGUNNER

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    Hebron, Md.
    Seeing as it's only 2o min. from my house I'll try and go shoot there next week sometime. Just ordered a Kowa 601 with 25x eye piece today. :)

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    Hope I can get a lift and new tire for the Cherokee by then. I've retired my Wrangler, It had a good life, but it was time to take it off the road.

I'd hate to show up as JeepDriver with a stock Cherokee. :sad20:

Damn it, there goes another $1500 for the shooting hobby, Ya gotta have the right Jeep to get to the range ;)

Yea, the wife will understand that :lol: :lol:

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Hope I can get a lift and new tire for the Cherokee by then. I've retired my Wrangler, It had a good life, but it was time to take it off the road.

I'd hate to show up as JeepDriver with a stock Cherokee. :sad20:

Damn it, there goes another $1500 for the shooting hobby, Ya gotta have the right Jeep to get to the range ;)

Yea, the wife will understand that :lol: :lol:

It's kind of hard to pull of tactical in a Kia anyway.....ya' gotta have the right wheels for the job:gun2:

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    It's kind of hard to pull off tactical in a Kia anyway

I can be semi-tactical in my new Pathfinder. Hell man, it's the "Off Road" model (Aren't all 4x4's supposed to be for off road use?)

With as much stuff as we're going to haul down there, it might be a good idea to take my truck anyway. We can put the rack on the back for the non-gun related stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom