• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Saw one in Howard County back in the '70's. It was on the side of the rogers ave. between Good Shepherd Cemetery and Rockland. DNR said one was found at the Howard County fairgrounds years ago too.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    I have only seen them in the far western part of Maryland. They come out of hibernation in spring and will see them sunning themselves . This is rocky and mountain areas in Garrett and Allegheny counties. They tend to hide once the heat is here till fall again. I have seen many snakes this year at work in Edgewood/ Aberdeen . Only two copperheads and both were aggressive as usual and coiled up and struck at me about 5 or 6 times repeatedly as I was moving away from them. I see many harmless black snakes, racers and water snakes there daily.
    Plenty of them in Frederick

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Seen them up on Loundon Heights sunning themselves on the rocks and bolders along the ridge.

They naturally turn scarce during the Hawk migrations

Samlab

Feb 14, 2018
    Down by the riverside
    One was in downtown Alexandria last year! Copperheads are everywhere and Charles County is full of them. Neighbor here in Montg. County had one a few years back removed from his window well and that dude was a figgin monster probably 8 inches in circumference! The hotter it gets the more they show up where the food sources are located. Just rescued a five foot black rat snake from traffic last week traffic stopped both ways and did my herp rescue. She was beautiful a little testy get her by the tail using a stick kept her head in check from whipping around. Put her by farm slat fence she went straight up to the top rung and just laid up on top. Their just strong muscled it was impressive. DNR it against the law to kill snakes in Maryland.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom