• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    You guys convinced me! I ordered a Romanian Tokarev. I could not resist that high velocity 7.62x25 mm Tokarev cartridge. The Radom will have to wait for now. In fact, I like my CZ 82 so much, that I might have to get another one of those first.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Here's a Romanian that I modified for my wife's birthday awhile back. (Some of her ancestors came from Romania before WWI.) I still have a set of un-painted original grips for it, so it can be put back to all original, but she likes the girly look of it. As you can see, the fit and finish of this one is excellent!

Attachments

• Pink_Tok.jpg
      Pink_Tok.jpg
      76.9 KB · Views: 177

Twanger

DINO and NRA Life
    Mar 4, 2013
    Poolesville
    P-64 is great. Nice and small. Can go in the back pocket of jeans easily.

Definately a little 'snappy.'

It's easily as accurate as my Glock 22 40-cal and the CZ-82.

If anyone has tips on how to tame the recoil of the P-64, would love to hear it.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    C&R purchases are exempted as of Oct 1st, meaning you can still have C&R handguns delivered to your door from out of state. No rush to buy them now.

"No rush to buy them". What kind of advice is that?

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Eh, disagree. Things are expensive now. Could go up or down depending on a million different variables. But I'd get anything C&R with a mag over 10 rounds sooner rather than later.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    I don't think we're going to see much go down from where they are right now. The Mosins have already adjusted. Some SKS rifles ... the less desirable ones ... may correct a few bucks, but the nice ones are probably up to stay.

Guns like the CZ82, if they are in really good condition, must be getting near the end of their run. P64s will eventually dry up, too. That doesn't leave much that isn't already climbing.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Not C&R but still milsurp, I'd like to get a Mag98 but I'm not filled with hope on that one. I'll get a P83 if SOG puts them on sale.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Cz82s were $200 a year ago. They are $275 now. The day the Czechs run out, they'll go to $400 or more. Just like East German Makarovs.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I find the cheap brown bear or wolf ammo is snappy compared to PPU or better yet my hand loads which shoot fine at the indoor range in my Cz82
    If you want to tame the snappy you can try different ammo or bring multiple guns to shoot and take a break with it I guess

edhallor

Feb 23, 2010
    Aberdeen
    Cz82s were $200 a year ago. They are $275 now. The day the Czechs run out, they'll go to $400 or more. Just like East German Makarovs.

Up until the Dealers got a small restock of the CZ82's I saw a few nice ones fetching $400+ on Auction Arms at 38+ Bids.
    I believe whatever stock of CZ82's that are selling at the Dealer for $275 will sell out quickly and may never restock. My advice buy two or more ASAP.
    I purchased two at $200 a few years back in as new condition and expect to double my money if I ever decide to sell them.
    Not sure what condition the new Dealer stock is in but I may buy several more keep the best and cash out when they hit the $400+ mark again.
    Currently Ammo is the real problem.
    Eddie O

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Not C&R but still milsurp, I'd like to get a Mag98 but I'm not filled with hope on that one.

There's still a few around. Given that they are good pistols at a very good price, as well as being relatively rare - only a few thousand made - and having 14 round magazines, this would be a good time to get one. After Oct 1 you'll be SOL.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Up until the Dealers got a small restock of the CZ82's I saw a few nice ones fetching $400+ on Auction Arms at 38+ Bids.
    I believe whatever stock of CZ82's that are selling at the Dealer for $275 will sell out quickly and may never restock. My advice buy two or more ASAP.
    I purchased two at $200 a few years back in as new condition and expect to double my money if I ever decide to sell them.

I think that the key is to buy ones that are in excellent condition. If you get one that's already got CZ82 leprosy, you either sell it to a non-collector for a shooter price, or you invest in Cerkote to make it look decent (and then people are tempted to not do it in simple black and collectors aren't interested again).

Not sure what condition the new Dealer stock is in but I may buy several more keep the best and cash out when they hit the $400+ mark again.

There were a bunch that looked like dregs for awhile, but these appear to be decent. If the dealers truly do hand select, like they should, there should have been some really nice ones in this last batch.

Currently Ammo is the real problem.
    Eddie O

Not if you reload ... and especially if you cast your own. It's easy to cut down a 9mm Luger casing. Just sayin'! :innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom