• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    I got a cz 82 and really like it a lot. So now I am looking for any other east bloc pistols that are a good buy. I hear a lot of good things about the Radom P64. It is supposed to be well built, all steel, accurate, inexpensive, and a all around good handgun. What do mdshooters think of it? On the other hand, the Romanian Tokarevs are said to be junk. Too bad, because the 7.62x25 Tokarev cartridge is very interesting. But I have to stock up before October. Let me know what you think.

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    The P64 is a nice little pistol, but very "snappy". You may find it uncomfortable to shoot after a while.

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    The double pull on the 64 was designed by a Polish weight lifting trainer. It's almost a two finger effort. I'm sure it has a six round mag because 7 or more rounds could cause wrist damage.

Seriously, it's a neat little pistol. And I mean little. It's smaller than my .32 CZ50. The recoil isn't unbearable, but you're most likely not going to shot it all day long. The trigger pull can be fixed with a spring change.

I'm keeping mine. There is a lot of bang for the buck in P-64.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I love my P64. It's so much sexier looking than the CZ-82. DA trigger pull is heavy but I don't use DA that often anyway. My only compaint about the pistol is that it's not drop safe like Glocks. I'm sure that's the case with nearly all C&R handguns. People complain that it's "snappy" but I can easily double tap with it, unlike my Glock 27.

Bottom line, get one. You won't regret it.

Oh, and I concur with Yellowsled- Romanian Toks are fine. I have a mint one from Classic, shoots great.

Here's my P64:

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=126432

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Who in the world would say Romy tok's are junk? They are just as good as good as the others.

I agree entirely! I've never heard anyone say that who had truly compared them.

As for the P-64, it's a very well-made pistol that shoots about as accurately as any fairly compact model that you'll find, but it is a little snap dragon. That doesn't mean that there's anything wrong with it ... not at all ... but only that you'll really start to feel the recoil in your hand after several rounds.

Really? I'd like to hear more about that TTC. Maybe I just got some bad info. How is the fit, finish, and function on the Tokarev gun?

I think that you got some real bad info. I like the Russian Toks best, but the Poles are just as well made when you get right down to it. The fit and finish on the Romanians are very close to the same quality as on the Poles. They are actually very nicely made pistols.

54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    I agree entirely! I've never heard anyone say that who had truly compared them.

As for the P-64, it's a very well-made pistol that shoots about as accurately as any fairly compact model that you'll find, but it is a little snap dragon. That doesn't mean that there's anything wrong with it ... not at all ... but only that you'll really start to feel the recoil in your hand after several rounds.

Could you guys post some pics of your Romanian TTCs and tell us about them? That high-powered Tokarev round is something I'd like to hear about.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Looks worn in this photo but near mint in person. Purchased from Classic. Very accurate.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      119.9 KB · Views: 320

peckman28

Aug 27, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I enjoy my P64 pistols. One of them doesn't have a functioning de-cocker, and the other won't fire when it is decocked. Nevertheless, I still like them. My experience with the Romanian TTC...the slide liked to lock back every second or third round when I got it. Nothing a little grinding away at the slide stop couldn't fix though. Awesome gun for the money, I'd buy one again in a heartbeat. The Yugos are really cool too.

Mr Ed

MSI Executive Member
    Jan 13, 2010
    Sykesville, MD
    P64 is a great pistol for a C&R. I personally don't care to shoot more than about half a box thru it at the range and then I am done.
    I have no Romies but I do have a yugo m57 tok. Also a great pistol. Completely different than the p64. It's single action for starters.
    You need both. Then buy more of the one you like best. :-)

Grey_Man

Feb 25, 2010
    Fruitland
    I got a cz 82 and really like it a lot. So now I am looking for any other east bloc pistols that are a good buy. I hear a lot of good things about the Radom P64. It is supposed to be well built, all steel, accurate, inexpensive, and a all around good handgun. What do mdshooters think of it? On the other hand, the Romanian Tokarevs are said to be junk. Too bad, because the 7.62x25 Tokarev cartridge is very interesting. But I have to stock up before October. Let me know what you think.

No C&R license?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom